Why my external microphone works worse then my laptop micro ?

1. Alivethereality
    Jelly Bean Feb 24, 2016

Alivethereality , Feb 24, 2016 :
    I have a very very old laptop and now i bought a new desktop pc.
    I acquired the Trust mc-1200 microphone but it sounds very bad and you gotta almost put it in your mouth to be able to say something so others can hear. The volume of recording is at maximum and if i add boost it will sizzle alooooot.
    How come my laptop microphone is very sensitive but doesn't sizzle at all, and the sound quality is good while on my desktop pc this microphone just almost doesn't work.
    Is it defect or i need to configure it right ? ( I have connected it to Mic In on my motherboard shield on the back of the computer, same quality goes if i connect it to mic in in the front panel )
    Every single driver is up to date ( MSI 970a-G43 )
    Or is there any way to disassemble the microphone from the laptop and use it ? ( Laptop - Hp Pavillion dv6 )

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016

2. Vadomata
    Jelly Bean Feb 24, 2016

Vadomata , Feb 24, 2016 :
    I'd say something is wrong with the drivers or the soundcard itself. As it's not a condenser mic, It's weird why it doesn't work so good,as I don't believe the microphone is high impedance.

How's the dv6 laptop holding on? Has it been in the oven yet?

3. Alivethereality
    Jelly Bean Feb 24, 2016

the graphics card seems to be up to date, that's what they all say at least ( they as in the software for updating the graphics card drivers )
    and I am too very confused, because everybody in amazon seems to say its great quality

The dv6 was having heating problems so i opened to clean it up ( i believe in the whole history of having him its the third time i opened to clean him ), then when i assembled it back it would show the black screen of bios death saying the GPU is 90ºC heated, i disabled the graphics card and now using the laptop without it ( seems like it either stopped heating it at all or it messed up some of those temperature detectors or something ), as i couldn't play games on it anymore i bought a new pc
    Other then that it seems to have for some reason a less lag spiky wifi internal adapter then my external asus n-10 nano for the desktop computer. It may have less download / upload ration but for some reason doesn't have lag spikes as the asus n-10 does ( they're rare but still happen ).
    And the microphone as i said seems to be really good compared to my desktop pc, but that is probably because something is not configured right

4. afilettox
    Cupcake Feb 24, 2016

5. Vadomata
    Jelly Bean Feb 24, 2016

Vadomata , Feb 24, 2016 :
    Make sure you have plugged the mic in to pink 3.5mm plug next to green one and your sound card drivers are up to date. Don't use the gpu for it. dv6 is probably the worst laptop in the history as it works for sometime, then it needs to be put to oven and after that works again for a while before breaking down completely.

6. Alivethereality
    Jelly Bean Feb 24, 2016

yeah its plugged into the pink jack for the motherboard NOT GPU sorry
    motherboard drivers are all up to date aswell

one thing i can say about dv6 is its a pain in the *** to clean internally, like somebody thought it was funny to make access to the cpu fan as hard as possible
    this guy was heating up alooooot before i cleaned him
    other then that this guy has worked well for maybe 5 or more years