Why no love for OP7 Non-Pro..?

1. arvind_gr Cupcake Jun 12, 2019

2. B_Wrath Lollipop Jun 12, 2019

manuel19 likes this.
  3. arvind_gr Cupcake Jun 12, 2019

arvind_gr, Jun 12, 2019 :
    Phone came with 9.5.2 as stock OOS pie. This week beginning 9.5.4 was rolled out and today 9.5.5 is rolled out.

Still, support page isn't updated!

4. B_Wrath Lollipop Jun 12, 2019

B_Wrath, Jun 12, 2019 :
    It will be. It always takes two weeks to upload a package in the support page.
    Have patience.

manuel19 and Android450 like this.
  5. pgrey Honeycomb Jun 12, 2019

pgrey, Jun 12, 2019 :
    @B_Wrath Yeah, I've noticed about the same now, having had a 5T, 6, and now a OP7 Pro (the other two are now part of our "household", we're an all OP household at this point!).
    Is this just their "standard practice", to avoid people manually downloading, and "going around" their staged-rollouts?
    Having worked on s/w and h/w "boundary engineering" for a LOT of years now, I get the "staged rollouts", or at least I get why you want to limit things, and have your first batches be your "testing ground" of sorts.
    However, it's a bit annoying, that users who are "seeking out" the update" are sort of blocked by this (yeah, I know about the Updater, but right now I'm not super-confident in it, given the "variants" out there for the OP7 Pro).
    I bet that many of these users, like myself, have a strong CS background anyway, and could provide solid feedback (I've had several go-rounds with the BH team, provided them log-traces, and even analyzed a couple, for them, for them, when things seemed to be moving slowly). Why wouldn't they want this "group" to be able to test things, early-on?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019

arvind_gr and B_Wrath like this.
  6. B_Wrath Lollipop Jun 13, 2019

B_Wrath, Jun 13, 2019 :
    There is a separate channel for that. It's called open beta. They'll start the OB for the 7 series soon I guess.

manuel19 likes this.
  7. parag008 Honeycomb Jun 13, 2019

parag008, Jun 13, 2019 :
    it is uploaded later to stop people from updating before they should.

normally stable builds are rolled out after confirming there are no major bugs.
    but sometimes it happens that there are bugs remained. after all its a huge system of codes and sometimes imperfections remains.

so through staged roll out bugs can be identified early stage.
    before it reaches the mass. and the upload of stable build on support section is only made after releasing any hot fixes or relative things.

although this is just my absolute guess. but i think system should be working like this.

8. zaid0660 Cupcake Jun 13, 2019

zaid0660, Jun 13, 2019 :
    As I have purchased OnePlus 7 recently. And I have noticed somethings which are not available for the Oneplus 7. Like the haptic vibration for the fingerprint scanner when failed it vibrates two times and when successful vibrates once. It is present on the OnePlus 7 pro. And not in the OnePlus 7. Please I request you to make it available for the non pro version also.
    Regards
    Oneplus user

Never Settle