Why not to buy Oneplus one. Really, don't.

1. 1ikhan
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 17, 2015

1ikhan , Feb 17, 2015 :
    so you dropped your phone, you broke it, then you refuse to pay for repairs, then you tell us not to buy a perfectly working phone.

got it.

Fuffl likes this.
  2. FrederikOlsen

FrederikOlsen , Feb 17, 2015 :
    I stopped taking your post serious after point 2

3. Andoenay
    Gingerbread Feb 17, 2015

4. nirmitmehta

nirmitmehta , Feb 17, 2015 :
    Well could be or could not be fraud based on the scenario. If I drop the phone from 5cm height and it shows no physical damage or if I drop it from a metres height and it shows no sign of physical damage.

You cannot have a company quoting you a price without examining the device. What sort of warranty policy is that?

Maybe all his drop did has loosen a connection that makes his phone unusable and I'm sure if they examine his device they could quote him for labor rather than an unwanted replacement part.

Quoting almost 200$ without even inspecting the device shows how this company runs. Pathetic.

Skf123 likes this.
  5. sevenhellz
    Eclair Feb 17, 2015

sevenhellz , Feb 17, 2015 :
    I've litteraly dropped my opo 10+ times in the last week alone.... Still works perfect and no problem. I have a cruzerlite case on it. It falls out of my hoodie pockets when at work climbing ladders mostly. I would say this phone is made very very very well. Yours may have very well been built incorrectly or maybe mine was built too well idk lol

Love my opo

6. ExpatZ
    Jelly Bean Feb 17, 2015

ExpatZ , Feb 17, 2015 :
    Well... no.
    It's a tale of delusion and denial, of poor muscle coordination and misplaced blame, in short a play about an attempted scamming of Oneplus by one of its unscrupulous customers.

7. Skf123
    Marshmallow Feb 17, 2015

Skf123 , Feb 17, 2015 :
    Exactly what I'm thinking, there is no way they should quote anyone before having fully examined the phone.

8. hans44
    Honeycomb Feb 17, 2015

hans44 , Feb 17, 2015 :
    Lol I. Bought a brand new car, another went into the side of it but my car should of taken the impact but it's damaged so badly it was only a tap though, honestly, it depends how something drops or hits everything got a week spot lol, out bones have week spots too and break from the slightest bang if hit in wrong way lol

Fuffl likes this.
  9. FrederikOlsen

FrederikOlsen , Feb 17, 2015 :
    mine dropped screen first. It sat 80cm off the floor on a notepad, grazed it (my fault) and it fell screen down as described, with the added drama of a notepad landing on the back. not a single scratch came out of that ordeal. Everyone buy this great phone!

10. zark00
    Eclair Feb 17, 2015

zark00 , Feb 17, 2015 :
    For the record - I've dropped mine multiple times, no case, no screen protector. Worst was on rough concrete, while running, watched it slam then skitter across the ground. Should be dead. Screen is fine, hasn't cracked, metal bezel is trashed. There are deep gouges and bends in all four corners (so I've dropped it at least 4 times, hard enough to smash the bezel in). For the abuse I've put this through so far I'd say build quality is very high to excellent - leaning toward excellent. If OP's phone has no external damage, and really fell from a meter, it's prob a loose cable or something similarly trivial. I'd crack it open and fix it - not that hard to do. https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/OnePlus One Teardown/26484

11. blade4246
    Eclair Feb 17, 2015

blade4246 , Feb 17, 2015 :
    Did you tell Samsung you dropped the phone?

12. mamu3697
    Donut Feb 17, 2015

mamu3697 , Feb 17, 2015 :
    I want an invite

13. Vadomata
    Jelly Bean Feb 17, 2015

Vadomata , Feb 17, 2015 :
    >Drop your phone.
    >Phone stops working.
    >Blame the company.
    >wait what the f?

erzengelsachiel likes this.
  14. Segm3nt
    Froyo Feb 17, 2015

Segm3nt , Feb 17, 2015 :
    I had my phone stolen on vday. I got my phone on Jan 12th. I bought a new phone on sunday. Shit happens... I deal with it.

There are insurance companies you can get to cover costs if something happens right?

Curious cause I will purchase it for my new phone.

15. erzengelsachiel
    KitKat Feb 17, 2015

erzengelsachiel , Feb 17, 2015 :
    Not our fault you don't know how to hold onto your phone. Get bent

16. erzengelsachiel
    KitKat Feb 17, 2015

erzengelsachiel , Feb 17, 2015 :
    That's what I'm sayin...smh

Laamapalmu likes this.
  17. nirmitmehta

nirmitmehta , Feb 17, 2015 :
    Why should I tell them what happened with it? It's on God damn warranty. They'll have to find out the issue. If you tell them you dropped it then they will behave like opo and quote you repair cost without inspecting the device.

So I rather have them tell me what's wrong with it.

Skf123 likes this.
  18. Fuffl
    Eclair Feb 17, 2015

Fuffl , Feb 17, 2015 :
    Bulls**t. No phone is made to survive drops unless it is IP-certified

19. lassmat
    Jelly Bean Feb 17, 2015

lassmat , Feb 17, 2015 :
    I have long saved my hard earned Euros. I certainly avoid any product from this company. I have heard and read enough. My first smartphone, Motorola Defy Plus and second, Nokia Lumia 820 are still working flawlessly. I just wanted to upgrade for the sake of that. However, am not impressed about this company.

20. Jim.kotsi
    Donut Feb 17, 2015

Jim.kotsi , Feb 17, 2015 :
    Unless you have a warranty don't buy a phone is like saying don't ever buy a used car. I bought a nee tool from eBay and broke it then I threw it away. My fault.