Other why oneplus cannot auto start after connect to charger when battery empty let's talk

1. m_daher
    Donut Apr 24, 2018

m_daher , Apr 24, 2018 :
    why oneplus cannot auto start after connect to charger when battery empty

janaaaa and Chaotnix like this.
  2. Hydra Bob
    Starting Point Expert Apr 24, 2018

3. m_daher
    Donut Apr 24, 2018

4. m_daher
    Donut Apr 24, 2018

m_daher , Apr 24, 2018 :
    becuase when battery become empty and i want to sleep as example i lost reciving anything and lost my clock alams, it must start automatic like iphone when connect to charger

janaaaa likes this.
  5. Omkar_Bhavsar
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2018

Hydra Bob likes this.
  6. Hydra Bob

Hydra Bob , Apr 24, 2018 :
    Oh I see it 'must' because an iPhone does it. Personally in the few circumstances when my battery becomes completely drained that's exactly when I want to charge it in a powered off state for awhile before straining the battery. With dash charge I don't think it's that big of a deal to wait a minute or two for it to regain some charge in the battery.

7. m_daher
    Donut Apr 24, 2018

m_daher , Apr 24, 2018 :
    but why not it will save time and sometimes you forgot to startup again

8. Hydra Bob

Hydra Bob , Apr 24, 2018 :
    Because it's a better implementation from a hardware perspective. I don't want something instantly trying to strain my battery when it's in a low voltage state from being completely drained. That's bad for Li-Ion batteries and their longevity, totally worth the extra button press for me.

9. m_daher
    Donut Apr 24, 2018

m_daher , Apr 24, 2018 :
    this change need change in hardware or its software update or change ?

10. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop Apr 24, 2018

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan , Apr 24, 2018 :
    I personally hate that auto start feature. it is even worse in Windows Phones where you simply cannot turn off your mobile phone when connected to a power source.

is pressing the power button so much of a hassle for you?

11. Satyendrasingh3339
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2018

Best Answer
    Satyendrasingh3339 , Apr 24, 2018 :
    I don't think so while connected to charger it will take power from battery. phones usually take whatever required from charger input and rest goes to battery for charging.so it won't strain the battery as said.

janaaaa and m_daher like this.
  12. m_daher
    Donut Apr 24, 2018

m_daher , Apr 24, 2018 :
    its not only pressing power button dear, this feature good if your mobile become empty of charge and shutdown compulsory

13. janaaaa
    Donut Sep 3, 2019

janaaaa , Sep 3, 2019 :
    I switched from iPhone and I always thought this to be a basic feature on all phones. it s these little features that make me miss iPhone. the iPhone wud auto start only if the phone had died due to battery drain in the first place and only when the battery has charged to a certain level. it won't auto start if I manually turn it off and put it on charging. beautifully implemented and exactly what I miss now in android. shocked to hear that this is not even there in the pixel line.