Why OnePlus should Develop a Smaller Phone + Other Things

1. TDroid074
    Gingerbread Mar 31, 2015

TDroid074 , Mar 31, 2015 :
    I'm relatively new to the OnePlus Community but I love what is being done here. A community-driven company that the public has a voice in what designs and innovations that this company is working on. I have yet to own a One which I am eager to get the chance to own one. I believe that there is a great future ahead for this young company. That being said, I have a few thoughts about some cool projects OnePlus can undertake.
    One of the ideas that I had was if OnePlus were to develop a smaller phone which would appeal to a larger audience. Sure, I love the fact that the OnePlus One has a very capable battery and this balanced well with its capabilities. The fact that OnePlus came up with a PowerBank will help with a smaller phone since battery life wouldn't be as great. Also it would help with battery life if OnePlus can implement a battery saving mode for their next update to the operating system.
    Another cool idea that I think OnePlus should undertake is to create an affordable yet capable and beautifully designed laptop computer. I was thinking more along the lines of a Chromebook but with more capabilities. I'm not as tech-savy as I liked to be and I don't even know if something like this is possible but it would be amazing if OnePlus designed a beautiful Chromebook that can run their new OxygenOS as its operating system. I always liked Chromebooks and what Google is doing with them but it always lacked the full capabilities of a PC. It would be awesome if OnePlus is able to integrate the benefits of the Android operating system for PC usage. Furthermore, it would be even more amazing if OnePlus can bring to PC users the apps found in Google Play onto a laptop. One of the thins I noticed about Apple's devices is the ability to integrate certain features such as text messages or files on their iPhones to their MacBooks. As an university student I think that these features are invaluable but I would love to see another company implement these features at a more affordable price. I think that if any company has the talent and technological background to accomplish this it would be OnePlus.
    Lastly, I would love to see OnePlus develop a gaming console. I look at gaming consoles today and although they are impressive, their interfaces seem cluttered and unintuitive. Furthermore, I noticed game consoles trying to add more capabilities to their devices than gaming and although this is a great idea, I haven't seen a company that has executed this seamlessly with their products. What a statement it would make for a young company like OnePlus to come up with a beautifully crafted console that seamlessly improves the user experience with a clean and intuitive interface.
    Thank you for taking the time to listen to my rambling, I know it can be a pain to listen too haha

Mzam2014, JAWB86, EpicSwirly and 2 others like this.
  2. sourya155
    Gingerbread Mar 31, 2015

suramas, bakerbarber and siocnarf13 like this.
  3. veratoloz2005
    Lollipop Mar 31, 2015

4. cooperzak
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 31, 2015

cooperzak , Mar 31, 2015 :
    Got bored, could finish.......zzzzzzzz

Kochens likes this.
  5. TDroid074
    Gingerbread Mar 31, 2015

6. siocnarf13
    Jelly Bean Mar 31, 2015

siocnarf13 , Mar 31, 2015 :
    TL;DR ?

But I think that one really good phone each year/ two years is actually way better than releasing a lot of different model each year. I don't want the OnePlus OneC and OnePlus OneS and Oneplus One Mini and Oneplus One E1,Z1,M1.

This phone is big, but once you go big, you never go back !

GO BIG OR GO HOME !

7. Kapitan Nemo
    Lollipop Mar 31, 2015

8. Mijo Bažoka
    Honeycomb Mar 31, 2015

Mijo Bažoka , Mar 31, 2015 :
    Damn man, did you hop out of my head? Cuz you just named things I would die to see from OP...especially the OxyBook (OxygenOS + Notebook)!

Christopher620 and TDroid074 like this.
  9. mingchin
    Honeycomb Mar 31, 2015

mingchin , Mar 31, 2015 :
    Before I ordered my OPO, I was going to wait for the Sony Xperia Z4, or Z4 Compact. But the (expecting) pricing was going to pretty high ($700+). Then I landed an invite, and that was enough to tip the scale.

10. Aosky
    Gingerbread Mar 31, 2015

Aosky , Mar 31, 2015 :

He's totally right, before the OPO, I used a nexus s, and when I use again the nexus s, it's so weird !!! o_O:eek: I was used of big phone, so it's a bad idea

However, I love the idea of notebook/labtop , seriously, one night, in my dream I was holding a notebook with the logo Oneplus, it was so wonderfull :rolleyes::rolleyes: . The idea of a "Imessage" is great, but they lacks members, money maybe, Oneplus is still a startup, and I don't think we can do a notebook who is running Oxygen os :confused::confused: (well, I'm saying that, but firstly I'm not an expert :x , secondly we still don't have Oxygen os, so maybe :):))

Moreover, you're right about gaming console, it will be better than a drone, seriously, the great devices(Apple,Samsung, ...) don't product a gaming console, it will be original and interesting a gaming console from Oneplus and I would buy it even if I'm not a 100 % gamer :p. Perhaps, it's complicated, I don't know anything of that, I'm just a student from highschool :p:p

Maybe, in the future, we'll see a gaming console or notebook, we can just hope :rolleyes::rolleyes::)

11. Mijo Bažoka
    Honeycomb Apr 1, 2015

Mijo Bažoka , Apr 1, 2015 :
    Doesn't have to be a gaming console at all, I would be happy if it was like smart tv - allows you to stream media and play games.

12. Montucky
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 1, 2015

Montucky , Apr 1, 2015 :
    I like the laptop idea but you have to use this phone to understand it's size... Its perfect. My tablets are collecting dust. Hell, my laptop is collecting dust.

13. B-Rad
    KitKat Apr 1, 2015

B-Rad , Apr 1, 2015 :
    OMG. How about a smaller drone. Apologies if my reply is out of context, your post was way too long to read.

14. maansg
    Honeycomb Apr 1, 2015

maansg , Apr 1, 2015 :
    Same here:eek:

cooperzak likes this.
  15. TDroid074
    Gingerbread Apr 1, 2015

TDroid074 , Apr 1, 2015 :
    Haha sorry guys for the long post, I just had these ideas and it was more of the spur of the moment type of thing. Yea I would love to own this phone one day, I think it would replace my tablet too.

16. NLxRoyal
    Jelly Bean Apr 1, 2015

Jael Pendragon likes this.
  17. Mijo Bažoka
    Honeycomb Apr 1, 2015

18. markus.pimienta
    Cupcake Apr 1, 2015

19. jokicha
    Jelly Bean Apr 1, 2015

jokicha , Apr 1, 2015 :
    the size is great.
    i totally dig the 5.5in screen
    they can make the top and bottom parts of the phone smaller for for a better body to screen ratio. at the point, the phone would be perfect!~

20. Cuerex
    KitKat Apr 1, 2015

Cuerex , Apr 1, 2015 :
    i seriously hoped this to be a cheap, camera mountable drone. not a mini drone which i likely saw already selling at my nearby store for about 5€, they almost looked the same