Why OnePlus Two will be a disappointment for company and customers

1. sahiahmadafzal
    Honeycomb Feb 4, 2015

sahiahmadafzal , Feb 4, 2015 :
    If they adapt this strategy then they can surely compete

2. tEf0o
    Jelly Bean Feb 4, 2015

tEf0o , Feb 4, 2015 :
    I got it cus its pre CM'ed and no root fuse.
    Price was not real reson.
    Already had g3

LostPorcupine likes this.
  3. B4kken
    Lollipop Feb 4, 2015

B4kken , Feb 4, 2015 :
    I'd buy the opt with the same features if I wanted a new phone. Sony does it(except for the ps4 remote play, but z2 gets that too right?). Samsung don't really add more cool features these days, it's more of the same. Blinkfeed was cool, but HTC seems to be ditching their camera for the normal 13 mp shooter because it sells better.

Tell me one "new" feature that the nexus 6 brought except lollipop which some phones got right after its release. Your theory seems to be flawed yes.

4. curious
    Gingerbread Feb 4, 2015

curious , Feb 4, 2015 :
    With such insight and masterful financial planning, obviously Oneplus should employ you to show them the way NOT!!!!. My opinion ;)

5. krshnaan
    Honeycomb Feb 4, 2015

krshnaan , Feb 4, 2015 :
    By the time they release the OP2, they'll no longer be a start up and might not need the invite system

Who knows, with the success of the OPO, their bargaining power may increase and they may be able to source components and assemble phones at competitive prices and still make a decent margin. and h2/02 may actually be good

its a free world and we are all entitled to our opinons. so opine away! that said, this topic could be considered a disappointment to the company and customers (forum users).

6. boybuzz
    Jelly Bean Feb 4, 2015

boybuzz , Feb 4, 2015 :
    @sahiahmadafzal take advice its free...title of the conversation says...ur a loser....sorry to say. but that's fact. first u have never experienced 1+one second u are already commenting on 1+ two...I pity you.

7. aespinalc
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 4, 2015

krshnaan likes this.
  8. DustyBronco
    Eclair Feb 4, 2015

DustyBronco , Feb 4, 2015 :
    IIRC "at cost" just means that they're not able to provide any money after expenses (such as materials, overhead, paying workers) for investors. It doesn't mean they're cutting away at themselves. Whether or not that's a good long-term strategy is certainly up for debate.

I think it's useless to talk about whether the OPT will fail when we know nothing other than a tentative release date for it.

9. danj864

danj864 , Feb 4, 2015 :
    According to this it looks like the invite system will continue for the new handset.

I wouldn't be surprised to see OnePlus offer the new handset with a spec bump at roughly the same price points as today.

10. mohanbabhu
    Honeycomb Feb 4, 2015

11. LostPorcupine
    KitKat Feb 4, 2015

LostPorcupine , Feb 4, 2015 :
    I'd be curious to know if you actually have professional experience with business strategy and/or marketing, or if this is just a personal opinion (potentially uninformed). If you have the professional experience, people are far more likely to listen seriously to what you are saying here. As of now, it just sounds like an uninformed opinion.

(please note no accusation or insult meant here; this is just how the statements are coming across to me)

12. keithnyc
    Moderator Moderator Feb 4, 2015

13. keithnyc
    Moderator Moderator Feb 4, 2015

keithnyc , Feb 4, 2015 :
    nice.
    SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

14. funmunke
    Marshmallow Feb 4, 2015

15. Crisisx1

Crisisx1 , Feb 4, 2015 :
    Talking about price bumps..

I wonder how the Nexus 6 initial sales are doing versus the nexus 4 and nexus 5 initial sales.
    N4 AMD N5 were released at $349 while the N6 was released at $649.
    $300 price bump.

16. richard.garsteck
    Gingerbread Feb 4, 2015

17. TheTubTruck
    Jelly Bean Feb 4, 2015

TheTubTruck , Feb 4, 2015 :
    You think the One was successful because of it's invite system?

If anything that drove customers away, not pulled them in, getting rid of the invite system will be a good move if/when they do it.

18. sarin.j
    Honeycomb Feb 4, 2015

sarin.j , Feb 4, 2015 :
    The invite system was both good and bad for OP. Good because it allowed them to keep cost under control by managing excess inventory. Bad because a lot of potential users just gave up on this because invites were hard to come by during the initial days. I think effectively it didn't contribute to its success in a way most think.

Low cost is definitely a reason as this price gave the users the most bang for their buck. And its not true that they are not earning any profit on the device. They do earn a profit but its so narrow its almost invisible. With cost involved in whatever support system they have put together and cost associated I doubt if this would be a profit in cumulative fashion. But margins are there nevertheless.

The company did announce that the price point for Two would not be at the same level as the One. There would be a price increase and its been known for a while. Only thing is that it would still be cost effective if comparing with the big players.

I think based on OPO usage experience, Two would surely be keenly watched and would generate a good user base. How effective it would be to propel the company to a major player position is something we have to wait and see. At this point, its hard to write off OP.

19. btoom12
    Gingerbread Feb 4, 2015

btoom12 , Feb 4, 2015 :

20. Shuller
    Jelly Bean Feb 4, 2015

Shuller , Feb 4, 2015 :
    May I also share may Opinion?:)

Oneplus has low Price, I agree, however it is far from factory price, at least +$150.

I took OnePlus as my 1st android device and what can I tell now?

Overall it is not bad, however user (me) should care much about what to do and not to do on the phone, it ca become a brick very easy.
    A lot of smartphones with bugs, after OTA, something does not work and so on.
    Customer care +- equals to 0.

now let's compare, $300 for a peace of hardware where user should pay attention to things he does. No excuses for start-up company (they are not paying what other does for different kind of activities)
    $650 for hardware + os + great support and services.

there was something said like: We are not that rich to buy cheap things.

It's up to everyone what he/she choose, I am done and I know what is gonna be my next device.