Why should I buy this phone when prices is similar to nexus..?

1. arhamahmad
    Cupcake Oct 11, 2014

arhamahmad , Oct 11, 2014 :
    The nexus 5 is a great phone. But if you're looking for something a little better, in terms of battery life and performance overall, you'll find it in the opo.

2. tinkueg
    Donut Oct 11, 2014

tinkueg , Oct 11, 2014 :
    Check you email..! Buy in ned couple of minutes because it was sent to another person 20min back and he did not buy..! All the best...

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014

3. tinkueg
    Donut Oct 11, 2014

4. mahurd
    Gingerbread Oct 11, 2014

mahurd , Oct 11, 2014 :
    I wouldn't go as far to label it as a scheme, and this rushing tactic might work have an influence on some but not all... But still people tend to make hasty decision when they are on the spot. Some people might buy an alpaca if they thought it was the last one for sale *modern family reference*

KausXP likes this.
  5. Wannebe
    Donut Oct 11, 2014

Wannebe , Oct 11, 2014 :
    becouse this maybe isent a phone u just use every day, this is abit of a project where u tweak and change stuff all the time.. This is a learning tool for people who like to tinker about with a never ending array of settings and tweaks.. i had my opo for a couple of weekes now and i just love it, especially now after the 38r update.. Im sure that the nexus is a great phone, but why dont get the best phone for as low cost as possible..

6. DrJMun
    KitKat Oct 11, 2014

7. HydraKnight
    Honeycomb Oct 11, 2014

HydraKnight , Oct 11, 2014 :
    1) I never heard of an hardware issue wich involves headphones.
    2) Buy a nexus if its that good.

8. chrism380
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 11, 2014

9. gheorghiu
    Honeycomb Oct 11, 2014

10. jove39

jove39 , Oct 11, 2014 :
    Go for Nexus 6. It'll be available new few weeks...has S805, 2k screen resolution (unnecessary)...large battery...very few or no issues in sw/hw...and best of all updates come from Google...My old nexus 5 beats OPO in UI smoothness...so nexus 6 will be even better.

11. cdpayne
    Froyo Oct 11, 2014

cdpayne , Oct 11, 2014 :
    Or as loud as insults and incorrect assumptions made by aholes towards people who really were intending to be helpful.

12. mrbearbear

mrbearbear , Oct 11, 2014 :
    Nexus phones have also had hardware and software issues in the past.... Remember that. Anddddd 6 inch phone.

13. KausXP
    Gingerbread Oct 11, 2014

KausXP , Oct 11, 2014 :
    But but alpaca is great for fur and make good pets!!

mahurd likes this.
  14. KausXP
    Gingerbread Oct 11, 2014

KausXP , Oct 11, 2014 :
    As for being a scheme, only time will tell. But the look of it is not very promising. This is a quote from a discussion:

"OnePlus has 0 investments in storage and warehouse...these are all leased from OPPO or they are 3rd party forwarding companies like one used in USA out of City of Industry.

Oneplus has 0 component investments and cost, this all being done by OPPO as they are the main provider and assembler of the device. What Oneplus gets is a finished device. Rebranding cash grabbing as you said.

Oneplus has no investment in fabbing, machinery or any of that sort...

Oneplus has 0 software development cost or team. this is handled by 3rd party... They have no developers. They license the software from Cynmod... no team or software to lose.

Oneplus employs very very small number of people to provide support leading to horrible experiences.

In reality if they wanted to exit the market... they could do with VERY easily without having to liquidate anything..without having to lose anything.

Sell the last batch...... throw someone under the bus and move on.....

As soon as shit hits the fans...this company can close doors instantly without losing much of anything.

Oneplus' exit out of the market is terrifyingly easy."

mahurd likes this.
  15. traigiacali
    Donut Oct 11, 2014

16. jmazzamj
    Jelly Bean Oct 11, 2014

jmazzamj , Oct 11, 2014 :
    That is very true. I REALLY hope Google will offer a 5/5.2" phone along with the 5.9", otherwise despite loving Nexus devices as much as I do, I'll pass.
    At the end of the day the 1+ is as close as you can get to a Nexus. Moto X 2014 would not be an option because of its small battery.

Radeon962 likes this.
  17. Radeon962
    KitKat Oct 11, 2014

Radeon962 , Oct 11, 2014 :
    The Nexus 6 will be physically about the same size as the Note 4 and OnePlus One as the bezels are supposed to be very small. I owned a Note 3 and have been using my OnePlus One since July so if leaks are true the size of the Nexus 6 should not be an issue unless you just want an overall smaller phone.

I would agree that 5.2" physical size would be perfect or a 5.5" screen in a 5"-5.2" body like the G3.

18. jmazzamj
    Jelly Bean Oct 11, 2014

jmazzamj , Oct 11, 2014 :
    What you're saying about the rumours regarding the overall physical size of the Nexus 6 is true but at the same time you have to consider the screen area, which being larger than the OPO's is not entirely reachable using one hand. At the same time the OPO is slightly narrower than the Note 3 and I can use my OPO comfortably with one hand. So, either Google has a one-handed mode a là iOS up their sleeve (which I would love to see), or I'll stick to my OPO as long as devs don't come up with something like that...

I can easily do without L for as long as it takes to get all the ROM goodies with an L flavour...

19. Hammerxc
    Gingerbread Oct 11, 2014

20. jmhashmi

jmhashmi , Oct 11, 2014 :
    Because you are searching different posts for different issues.
    You will not believe I have got 3 and 4th on the way. None of those having any kind if issues and working preety good.
    Any device you buy may have issues, it doesn't mean the phone itself is not good.
    If few people having problems it doesn't mean that Oneplus one is not a best device.
    Be positive, think possitive, I am sure you will receive an awesome device and you will love Oneplus one. ☺