Why should I buy this phone when prices is similar to nexus..?

1. oneplusonedollarbillyall
    KitKat Oct 11, 2014

oneplusonedollarbillyall , Oct 11, 2014 :
    in my opinion if you are thinking about getting the nexus then just wait and see. If you don't need a high end case for your phone and really need to save that extra 100 dollars go with the oneplus. the oneplus is high performance with a beautiful design. If I was Pete Lau I would have never sold the oneplus for this cheap. This phone if more accessible to the general public, should have been priced around 450 to 500 dollars at least. I would have gladly paid more for this phone (as long as there would be better 3rd party case manufacturing support)

2. abhibhan89
    KitKat Oct 11, 2014

abhibhan89 , Oct 11, 2014 :
    Firstly, it has better spec's than the nexus 5..
    Secondly, even Nexus must be having issues; they just don't have a forum like this for the general public to discuss..

But if you're looking for a good support, I'd suggest you to buy the nexus..
    OnePlus is a startup, and their support is not that great.. But they sure are improving at a rapid pace..

3. J.Pinkman
    Jelly Bean Oct 11, 2014

4. SleepDeprived
    Froyo Oct 11, 2014

SleepDeprived , Oct 11, 2014 :
    I am a long term Samsung user, but my current preference is to update to a one+.
    But like you, the availability issue is an issue for me.
    My wife & I have always had the same phone - it is just easier, using same charger, sharing same on-line calendar etc etc
    I need to update both phones very soon, and there is no guarantee i can get two of these one+ in a reasonably close time frame, but I will try.
    If i can't get one_pluses, i will buy Samsung again this time, but definitely look to see if one+ is still around when i upgrade in a year or two. And i will give myself more time to allow for the invite process next time.

5. tinkueg
    Donut Oct 11, 2014

tinkueg , Oct 11, 2014 :
    Deal time..!! One - 64 GB Sandstone Black

I have invites to give ..if you want to purchase within next hour..

ping me with your email id and answer the question "What is touch on lens feature...explain?"

lucky people will get the invite...:)

Condition: I will give same invite to two person and the one who purchases first gets it..keep looking for invite

Remember that this invite can only be used for orders shipping to Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, United Kingdom, and United States

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014

6. missy.wyman
    Honeycomb Oct 11, 2014

missy.wyman , Oct 11, 2014 :
    Because the one plus one is better than the nexus. And I am not having any problems with my pooie and I just got it yesterday. To me the price didn't matter I would have ordered the pooie anyway no matter the price

7. cdpayne
    Froyo Oct 11, 2014

cdpayne , Oct 11, 2014 :
    It's not a joke. If you did the research, and the Nexus phone is better for your needs, then go ahead and buy it. You don't need any of the bias opinions of myself or anyone else here, to tell you what to do. All the info you need is already out there. If you have looked at all the specs of both, and know what they can and can't do....and know of the problems that might occur with both....then you already know what you need to do. I don't think you can get a more honest and fair answer than the one you dismissed as a "joke".

8. tinkueg
    Donut Oct 11, 2014

tinkueg , Oct 11, 2014 :
    Seriously! No one needs invite ..? I did not see a single request for invite..!

9. ezequielin2580
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 11, 2014

ezequielin2580 , Oct 11, 2014 :
    You don't have to buy the OPO. But you should because it has 64GB, a better CPU, more RAM. Plus, the software gets updated regularly with improvements/bug fixes.

10. cdpayne
    Froyo Oct 11, 2014

cdpayne , Oct 11, 2014 :
    Also....everything else being said....I like that these guys took a big risk and tried to start small and put out something really packed with great features, at a terrific price....I like supporting new ventures that take risk and seem like honest attempts to bring us great product at great price. The OPO may lack some of the features that my Galaxy S5 has....and I will miss that a little...but overall, I wanted this...and I am hoping that my investment in their first phone will help them succeed, and my commitment to them will pay off in future phones they develop.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014

11. KausXP
    Gingerbread Oct 11, 2014

KausXP , Oct 11, 2014 :

It's been said again and again. Oneplus is not a start up http://www.dailytech.com/Documents ...d by Chinas Oppo Electronics/article34809.htm

12. cdpayne
    Froyo Oct 11, 2014

cdpayne , Oct 11, 2014 :
    Well excuse the hell out of me for being a little newer around here and not knowing something. You didn't have to be like that about it....as I clearly didn't know. It doesn't matter how often something has been said...even as you so rudely pointed out as "over and over"...if I simply haven't stumbled upon the apparently numerous mentions of it, yet. I was nicely trying to bring some meaningful discussion.

Never mind then....if this is how honest answers and attempted helpful feedback is replied to, then maybe I should stop bothering.

13. amartens181
    KitKat Oct 11, 2014

14. KausXP
    Gingerbread Oct 11, 2014

KausXP , Oct 11, 2014 :

You see it's very easy to tell shills apart, once they can't contribute any further to the conversation either due to limited knowledge or knowing nobody is gonna buy their lies, they resort to personal attack.

15. cdpayne
    Froyo Oct 11, 2014

cdpayne , Oct 11, 2014 :
    ...and it's very easy to pick out an ahole who has to be rude to someone he doesn't know....just because their crime was daring not to know something. I tried to give an honest answer as to reasons why I bought the phone. I've been active in the CA invites thread and have enjoyed looking around the forums a bit and joining in some. I have plenty to contribute. I'm a smart and funny guy, and generally very good natured. However, why would I WANT to stick around where people treat people like you just treated me.

You make a rude comment to me about how it's been said "over and over" instead of considering that I honestly just didn't know.....and then accuse *me* of going on personal attack?

Bite me.

16. Bommi
    Cupcake Oct 11, 2014

17. cdpayne
    Froyo Oct 11, 2014

cdpayne , Oct 11, 2014 :
    Oh....and one more time....since you seem so good at knowing everything. I have actually criticized oneplue several times on the forums for their continued use of promotional material on this website, about the styleswap thing....even though it's clear they have been put on the back burners. They removed the styleswap things from parts of the website, but they still have them listed in the PDF file that lists all the features. I also even said in this same very thread....and apparently you somehow missed that....that the original poster on this thread should actually buy the Nexus 5 if they have researched and found it better for them...and said that they didn't need the biased opinions of myself or anyone else here to tell them to buy the OPO.

But yeah....you're right....it's easy to pick me out as a shill. Just as easy I suppose as it was for me to figure out that you're a ***** who makes snap judgments with lack of knowledge of the person they have unfairly judged, and attempts to sound all smart about them.

18. tinkueg
    Donut Oct 11, 2014

tinkueg , Oct 11, 2014 :

ping me with your email id and answer the question "What is touch on lens feature...explain?"

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014

19. jrgalang
    Froyo Oct 11, 2014

jrgalang , Oct 11, 2014 :
    I haven't got time to backread through all the answers - but to answer the topic at hand: form alone, the designs of the Nexus line never appealed to me. The OnePlus made great use of the Find 7's design, and it just worked - not too much curved edges, just the right 5.5 inch screen, and way overwhelming specs. Top that with CM on the software end and you've got a kit that doesn't necessarily have the latest and greatest firmware once Google kicks something out, but you've got an awesome group and community that will offer the same new thing a month or two later with better features and functions than what Google offers stock - and for an underdog who don't ask for much aside from you supporting it, that goes a long way in the long run.

20. Carlosfer
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 11, 2014

Carlosfer , Oct 11, 2014 :
    Price may be similiar, but the One has much better specs, it's bigger, has a full HD screen. It's really not a good comparison, even if they are in the same price range.
    The OpO is a phablet and so an alternative to the Galaxy S5, the HTC One M8, the G2 and G3, and the iPhone 6+,...