Why should you not buy the One Plus 5 and why One Plus 2 will not get a Nougat update

?

Will You buy the One Plus 5

Poll closed May 19, 2017.
  1. Yes

44 vote(s)
    45.8%
  2. You should not, read why below

52 vote(s)
    54.2%
  1. Fred M.
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 16, 2017

Fred M. , May 16, 2017 :
    I have a OP One and I'm in the market for a new phone. I'm going to see what the OP5 looks like, costs and then make a decision. There's nothing wrong with my One - still the best phone I've ever had. I've updated it with community ROMs at every turn, so I don't feel the pain on not having an Official Nougat - have a great LOS Nougat running now.

Looking hard at a OP5...

2. karthikeyan.m
    Froyo May 23, 2017

karthikeyan.m , May 23, 2017 :
    Better go with the LG / Moto or any company that has stock android where they give the updates frequently. I'm not sure why they need the Oxygen OS for the name sake and making the updates delayed.

3. snoellien
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 24, 2017

snoellien , May 24, 2017 :
    This post started by recommending the LG v20 as a OnePlus replacement. I have it now, I use it and it is good. Faster than my OnePlus 2 obviously. Loving the great screen (better than the OP2) the awesome dac and the split screen. oh how I love the split screen. And then the camera, it is just awesome.

malidan and omarchic like this.
  4. Dewashish Pradhan
    Cupcake May 24, 2017

5. Sureshsouravk
    Gingerbread May 24, 2017

Sureshsouravk , May 24, 2017 :
    what u gonna do with frequent updates? in practical life we never gonna use those features even in the existing Android versions. don't get stressed dude. happy living without updates!

snoellien likes this.
  6. snoellien

snoellien , May 24, 2017 :
    Phone manufacturers love you, OnePlus, Samsung, LG and a bunch chinese vendors of others are sending goodies your way. Google and Apple not so much.

7. asasione

asasione , May 24, 2017 :
    You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Oneplus One got a ton of updates and went from KitKat to Marshmallow till the Qualcomm abandonment. I got the OP3 and I'm sure we'll get till Android P then I'll move to another phone. Too bad things didn't work out with the OP2 but SD810 was a flawed chip that I stayed away from

8. Fursan Afzal

9. snoellien
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 25, 2017

snoellien , May 25, 2017 :
    I know exactly what I am speaking about. Seriously how much does OnePlus pay you? Read the 1st post on this thread. OnePlus One received a tonne of updates when it was supported by CM. It has received precious little on Oxygen. And how are you so sure about about Android P? In the 1st post I provided evidence in the form of a trend, do you have some info to refute that evidence? If yes share it. We would love to hear it. Also 810 phones by other manufacturers have received updates. Many like OnePlus did not promise updates but delivered them.

10. snoellien

It exists, plenty of leaks prove that it does. Yes, it has not been announced yet, but you and I both know it will be, right?

11. snoellien

Also the CEO of OnePlus just posted on this forum with a post titled, performance on OnePlus 5

12. omarchic
    Gingerbread May 25, 2017

ilovesoneplus and malidan like this.
  13. omarchic
    Gingerbread May 25, 2017

omarchic , May 25, 2017 :
    op3 priced at £340 -£370 in the UK

ilovesoneplus and malidan like this.
  14. asasione

asasione , May 25, 2017 :
    Trend based on what? How big is their product portfolio? They're a new company that made some mistakes. You are making assumptions and posting them as facts so no you don't have proof. So having a different opinion must be cause I'm being paid, you continue your trend of assumptions.

15. jizang
    Lollipop May 25, 2017

jizang , May 25, 2017 :
    but is it dual sim in the uk?

16. snoellien

Did you read the 1st post in this thread? If not read it and return.

17. SiddharthPatil

SiddharthPatil , May 25, 2017 :
    yup you are right bro......i am old user of oneplus from OnePlus one and i have almost all devices but op3t is my last device cause i am never ever going to buy any op device. they have disappointed me in every aspect from phone to customer service. in between some time i was impressed by customer service but they haven't solve my problems and i am not going to buy any op device. i have also recommend my friends do not buy any op device in future also. very disappointed

18. malidan
    Nougat May 25, 2017

malidan , May 25, 2017 :
    You can get the H990 which is dual sim as low as £298, You can get the G6 for £390 now.
    Op are kinda looking very expensive now with the £3T at £399 or £417 from O2

19. scibur314r8t
    Eclair May 25, 2017

scibur314r8t , May 25, 2017 :
    thumbs up to you dude you did some research and made a valid point. I am still going to buy the next one plus master race.

20. scibur314r8t
    Eclair May 25, 2017

scibur314r8t , May 25, 2017 :
    still it sucks for the op2 uses for sure. hopefully in the future as one plus gets better at there gig we will see more stable updates. sometimes I forgot my self that the one plus phone series is under 8 years old and not as competitive or supportive as other phone companies