Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 28, 2020

_Salman_Sallu_ likes this.
  2. androbrine
    Cupcake Mar 28, 2020

Hari_247 and otto2 like this.
  3. otto2
    Photography Expert Mar 28, 2020

otto2 , Mar 28, 2020 :
    Why don t you use the search bfore asking redundant, repeating questions again ? And what do you want to catch in slo mo with the front camera???

Matteo.16 and xnutzii like this.
  4. Swejuggalo
    KitKat Mar 28, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Mar 28, 2020 :
    Slowmo usually flickers due to some lightsources flicker by design. You can't see it by eye but slowmo recording makes it very obvious.

I don't remember the specs of front camera right now but it may lack the nessesary specs to be able to be even close to the quality of main camera. There are a few cases where front camera slowmo could be useful though. Atleast if being used at my work. But it may need more light than main camera.

beastkay and Tanu_097 like this.
  5. beastkay
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 3, 2020

beastkay , Apr 3, 2020 :
    iPhone does it better in comparison to op and that is not good news for op lovers

6. beastkay

beastkay , Apr 3, 2020 :
    If you can't think of slomo from front camera, are you really a photography expert 😂

7. beastkay

beastkay , Apr 3, 2020 :
    Is this low light thing can be fixed via software update?

8. otto2
    Photography Expert Apr 3, 2020

otto2 , Apr 3, 2020 :
    No. Software can t beat physics. You can pump up ISO value, but this will result in way more noise. So it s a matter of balance. To be honest_ i love slo mo, when making movies at the shooting range while firing a gun, and sometimes in nature. But after 3-5 videos it was getting boring ,same for the astrophotography function in Pxel. it s great, funny, but not as useful as we migjht think at the beginning. Video mode needs a lot of improvement like a pro mode and many more, and slo mo is just one detail of the wide field to get improved.

beastkay likes this.
  9. otto2

otto2 , Apr 3, 2020 :
    You even did not give me an answer, so you don t know a realistic scenario, too? :p:rolleyes:

10. beastkay

beastkay , via OnePlus 7 , Apr 3, 2020 :
    Realistic scenario - maybe slowmo in front cam can help us to increase the percentage of security via face unlock because once my OP7 was unlocked by my brother.

Another use maybe a slomo kiss to your loved ones who are connected with you on internet.

11. otto2

otto2 , Apr 3, 2020 :
    Holy crap- you really want them to watch inside your mouth??? Sorry, but this don t seem a really realistic and useful one. In my eyes this is a kind of niche, not used by many people on an everyday base worldwide. Maybe you can code an app for this, or search for an existing one, and then check downloads of this apps.

12. beastkay

beastkay , via OnePlus 7 , Apr 3, 2020 :
    can you share the use of front cam slow mo?

13. Swejuggalo
    KitKat Apr 3, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 3, 2020 :
    I introduced slowmo at work as a tool to find and solve timing and mechanical issues at work. In some cases holding the phone in front of you and using front camera could be useful. One of those cases could be recording something under a machine or hard to reach areas where you can't point and record with main camera that easilly. Seeing the subject of interest would make it easier. I use it every now and then to take pictures when I have trouble seeing some stuff, like a label and such.

otto2 likes this.
  14. beastkay
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 6, 2020

beastkay , Apr 6, 2020 :

@otto2 now what you have to say?

otto2 likes this.
  15. otto2
    Photography Expert Apr 6, 2020

otto2 , Apr 6, 2020 :
    Oh, i m glad to read a realistic case.

Personally i used the slo mo at the shooting range , watching a pistol or shotgun repeating and checking for issues when ammo got stuck and weapon jammed.

But how many people are using the front cam this way like @Swejuggalo ? Especially when a small mirror can help using the main camera at all? His argument is valid, indeed. But i m afraid Oneplus won t code and set up specific hardware changes just for a handful of users. :(

Swejuggalo likes this.