Why soon much hate for Windows Phone?

1. techx
    Gingerbread Apr 15, 2015

techx , Apr 15, 2015 :
    It's not Android (pun intended).. :p :) Btwn, I don't hate Windows by the way.. :)

2. Le Beard Guy
    Honeycomb Apr 15, 2015

Le Beard Guy , Apr 15, 2015 :
    I'm actually considering getting a Lumia 930 to experience W10 on a flagship phone.

Matthias Christiaens likes this.
  3. Mydealz
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 15, 2015

Mydealz , Apr 15, 2015 :
    A colleague of mine has a windows phone. She got it after she broke her iphone. She hates the windows phone with a passion. And she's right, it's really sluggish.
    Personally, I don't like the looks.

smaug42 and Kapitan Nemo like this.
  4. Horsault
    Moderator Moderator Apr 15, 2015

Horsault , Apr 15, 2015 :
    If I'm not mistaking, it was something like 635 (or was it 735?).
    It was in a store, so there were no datas nor many apps.
    My impression was all the animations had one goal: passing time. It's not necessarily a bad phone, I felt I couldn't bear it.

5. jamiephan
    Honeycomb Apr 15, 2015

jamiephan , Apr 15, 2015 :
    I had borrowed from a friend and tried to use for a certain time,

Well, the Animations is wonderful, its smooth and responsive

But the main problem is the app is not enough, or even they have same apps as Android or iPhone, the functionality is not as rich as those.

Even though Microsoft itself don't take care of it...the best example is Microsoft Office Mobile... iOS and Android already have it....but Windows phone?....

6. ankitgupta7292
    Gingerbread Apr 15, 2015

ankitgupta7292 , Apr 15, 2015 :
    @Joshua M.R. - I don't hate windows phones, especially not after Denim update.

In fact, they are quite awesome! Great navigation, music and camera (courtesy Nokia). Build quality is superb, Battery life is good. Smooth running OS even on 512 MB RAM devices.

The main drawbacks that I think it has are:
    a) Not many apps, prohibits usability
    b) You need to be invested in the MS system to really enjoy it, (ms account, xbox etc.) which I am totally alien to. I am not speaking against it, it's obvious for them to use their own system, it's just that I am really comfortable with android now & its integration with google's system, which I have been using for some years and use daily.

7. giaur500
    Jelly Bean Apr 15, 2015

smaug42 likes this.
  8. ssapre
    Donut Apr 15, 2015

ssapre , Apr 15, 2015 :
    None of the OS are perfect, its how you much you are habitual with that to say it as 'good'. If you are happy with the way apps are in Android, then Apple and MS are not for you. Same way goes with MS fanboys, as you can see a clear hatred in windowscentral forum for other OS.

Horsault likes this.
  9. harv_frank
    Gingerbread Apr 15, 2015

harv_frank , Apr 15, 2015 :
    That Blu does not have 'very good specs'...

10. haybat
    Gingerbread Apr 15, 2015

haybat , Apr 15, 2015 :
    Lack of apps...
    U remember the death of symbian and blackberry 7 os?
    Lack of apps...

Kapitan Nemo likes this.
  11. Joshua M.R.
    Froyo Apr 15, 2015

Joshua M.R. , Apr 15, 2015 :
    I am from arecibo p.r

NetTaskForce097 likes this.
  12. WillTosti
    Honeycomb Apr 15, 2015

WillTosti , Apr 15, 2015 :
    Nice I'm from San Sebastian. I have family over there

Joshua M.R. likes this.
  13. Joshua M.R.
    Froyo Apr 15, 2015

For a CHEAP device yes it is

14. Joshua M.R.
    Froyo Apr 15, 2015

Niceeee

NetTaskForce097 likes this.
  15. Evscvn
    Froyo Apr 15, 2015

Evscvn , Apr 15, 2015 :
    I have owned a HTC Windows Phone 8X and all I can say is that there is simply barely any apps to allow me to use the phone as a daily driver (Compared to what I use on my current OnePlus One).

16. WillTosti
    Honeycomb Apr 15, 2015

WillTosti , Apr 15, 2015 :
    We should start a OnePlus owner meetup for this summer. Are you in?

Joshua M.R. likes this.
  17. Joshua M.R.
    Froyo Apr 15, 2015

18. mccannr1
    Gingerbread Apr 15, 2015

mccannr1 , Apr 15, 2015 :
    I've owned 4 different Windows Phone starting w/ a WP7 launch phone (HTC Hero) up through a Lumia 1520. In short, I love the OS. It's fast, simple, and allowed me to get the info I needed faster than I could do on either Android or iPhone.

That said, like many others will attest to, the app gap is real and problematic. I got to a breaking point where I couldn't justify the shortage of apps I needed access to just to stick with the OS I liked. So, I switched to Android.

It'll be interesting to see how their universal app strategy works with Windows 10. If they can sell developers on the fact that giving people access to the same app oon their phone, tablet and computer all running windows will attract people to the Windows Store, it may work. Of course, there's also the rumor that Microsoft has a team working to get Android apps running on Windows 10 as a backup plan in case developers still don't come to the Windows platform. Either way, it would seem they're serious about ending the "there's no apps" excuse for the platform, which can only be a good thing.

I'd consider going back if they're successful either way.

ankitgupta7292 likes this.
  19. Bare95
    Honeycomb Apr 15, 2015

Bare95 , Apr 15, 2015 :
    I like WPs, planning to buy one soon.

20. Wisoner
    Honeycomb Apr 15, 2015

Wisoner , Apr 15, 2015 :
    I really like windows phones and think they have huge potential but the app store is terrible at the moment. Maybe if they can get the amazon app store or something on their handset and run android apps like blackberry?

The new windows 10 features look class and i could see windows phone doing a lot better if microsoft pulled there fingers out