Why the OnePlus 9 is overpriced and offers least value...

1. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Mar 28, 2021

2. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Mar 28, 2021

Bobbie63 , Mar 28, 2021 :
    As usual, had to Google the Yin and Yang part though as I tend to mix them up.:rolleyes:

3. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Mar 28, 2021

theshinybeast , Mar 28, 2021 :
    The yin, Carl, the dark swirl, is associated with shadows, femininity, and the trough of a wave, the salesman. The yang, Pete, the light swirl, represents brightness, passion and growth, the man.:rolleyes:

4. SJBoss
    Lollipop Mar 28, 2021

SJBoss , Mar 28, 2021 :
    No, he said "new endeavours" or "mountains are calling" something like that.
    Papa Carl best :rolleyes:
    "Made money, no more money, find money elsewhere shuu" eggjactly Pete's words.
    Nope, Just different kind of lies. And OnePlus isn't doing good so far. This is the area where Carl could've improved if he was still involved.
    All of it period. That's why people blamed him for everything that gone wrong. He was the face of OnePlus nobody gave a fcuk about pete. (Maybe that was the plan all along?) Nice lier out, some corporate guy in.
    [​IMG]
    A great one at that.
    Pete provide what? who even knows pete?
    Are you saying Carl was a lier? That OnePlus was lying to us this whole time? The Nord documentary where he was acting all bossy was staged and scripted? Is this the official Statement? :rolleyes:
    Now it's you. :rolleyes: and pete maybe.
    But in the Nord documentary... :eek: we were lied to?
    Pete represents nothing, he's a nobody just someone who talks alien for first 10 minutes of every launch, for no reason at all. I mean why not switch to chinese with subs? Oh we wans su look gloval.

5. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Mar 28, 2021

6. SJBoss
    Lollipop Mar 28, 2021

SJBoss , Mar 28, 2021 :
    :rolleyes: I was imitating Pete.

7. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Mar 28, 2021

8. Loveit
    KitKat Mar 28, 2021

Loveit , Mar 28, 2021 :
    Did you narrow you eyelids with your fingers whilst you typed that?

9. SJBoss
    Lollipop Mar 28, 2021

SJBoss , Mar 28, 2021 :
    I knew something was missing, damnit.

10. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Mar 28, 2021

KaranRIyer, Arjun_Choudhry and SJBoss like this.
  11. SJBoss
    Lollipop Mar 28, 2021

KaranRIyer and Arjun_Choudhry like this.
  12. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Mar 28, 2021

KaranRIyer and Arjun_Choudhry like this.
  13. BLAKKZERO
    Cupcake Mar 28, 2021

BLAKKZERO , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Mar 28, 2021 :
    Well at least you get a measly 2Mp monochrome useless lens that will most likely not be disabled via a software update down the road.

The front camera cannot even record 4k video, yet they are boasting that the 9 series is selling up to 3 times the 8 series which I don't believe is the case.

I bought the 1+ 8 Pro specifically for it's now useless color filter lens, and here I am with it disabled via software update from a company that states it NEVER SETTLES.

The company no longer cares about the community anymore, so maybe it's time the community no longer care about them as well.

14. TheMystic
    Lollipop Apr 3, 2021

TheMystic , Apr 3, 2021 :
    Some people are happy with Carl's exit from the company. Its a shame to belittle someone's contributions, and especially after he is gone.

It is important that a company chooses the right people during expansion. Else, there is good chance of contamination that will impact the company's future negatively.

15. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Community Expert Apr 3, 2021

Bouncer71 , Apr 3, 2021 :
    A lot of community members and experts constantly provide feedback about the camera..

It's one thing to contribute found flaws that can or can not be fixed with external editors, but another one to bake that findings into the phone's camera software...

I've been suggesting to team up with a camera manufacturer for quite some time now..
    Not necessarily Hasselblad.
    Canon, Nikon, Panasonic, Leica, whatever camera brand..

Decades of digital photography experience of those specialized companies can and will make a huge difference for mobile photography...

I mean my trusty Lumix travel Zoom has a smaller, 6 years older sensor than my 7Pro, but has better Whitebalance and color accuracy...
    Still for low light I prefer the 7Pro because of the wider aperture.. 😉

I really hope the expertise of Hasselblad will bring decent image quality for less hassle in post-edit, to get the results I'm looking for...👍

Overpriced is depending on the point of view...
    A lot of people say my Smart Car Convertible is too expensive for it's size...🤷🏻‍♂️
    I could get two Dacia Duster for it...😂

So the real question is..
    Would you consider to buy the OP9, as it is right now, at a lower price..?
    Or are the missing features the actual deal breaker..?

Tokolozi likes this.
  16. TheMystic
    Lollipop Apr 3, 2021

TheMystic , Apr 3, 2021 :
    You never know. There may be people who have actual knowledge and experience on how to make the required changes into the camera software. You may have people working in camera companies who are members of this community too.

That’s true. But as of now, that experience hasn’t made enough difference to justify the premium that OnePlus has set for its devices now.

As mentioned in the OP, the OnePlus 9 brings nothing to the table over the 9R/ 8T to justify the premium charged. The 8 Pro at the same price as 9 is still the better device to buy. Leaving out the Telephoto lens and OIS at that price is criminal.

Bouncer71 likes this.
  17. KaustubhS1994
    Accessory Tester Apr 11, 2021

KaustubhS1994 , via OnePlus 6 , Apr 11, 2021 :
    So few years back someone was using flagship of the year and was thinking to move to latest flagship but then when new series launched at that time that someone has to think in 50k inr u have to go for plastic frame no OIS less performance less features compared to different countries for same model and not even talking about pro model.....

The point is every time there was a hike in pricing that was already known but this year price went 10k inr and pro line up by 15k that is way to high if it was 5k and 7k respectively it would have been understood and then this branding partnership which is useless as they are not evern providing there lenses/hardware other branda are give better image toning without branding then whats the use or price hike

Yes it is overpriced and untill last year it was somewhere affordable but now if this is something i am getting at this proce just add some more bucks and move to actually flagship i guess coz at a time buying OnePlus 6 Avengers edition felt so proud but now without getting that much features and paying the amount doesnot feel so OnePlus thing

TheMystic likes this.
  18. Bongzerker
    Gingerbread Apr 11, 2021

Bongzerker , Apr 11, 2021 :
    The OnePlus 9 is such a joke. No OIS and a plastic frame on a "flagship" in 2021? It's pathetic.

19. lividram
    Gingerbread Apr 11, 2021

lividram , Apr 11, 2021 :
    Because the OnePlus 9 series is a flop...Maybe if Carl Pei hadn't left, this wouldn't have happened.

KaustubhS1994 and TheMystic like this.
  20. Z1568085737225
    Eclair Apr 11, 2021

Z1568085737225 , Apr 11, 2021 :
    Just saw a review for Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra, for same price of a Pro. This makes the Pro look like it is a scam. Holy crap. WTF is going on with OnePlus? How can a company demand so much $$$ and offer so little in comparison to their competitors, Samsung, Oppo and now Xiaomi? At the flagship model, the 9 Pro is definitely bottom of the barrel of the popular Android flagships. What is going on? If you going to suck, at least offer best value, OnePlus did opposite, demand flagship pricing but mid-tier offering.