Why there is no stock for Oneplus 8 at all?

1. firefox16
    Eclair Apr 14, 2020

firefox16 , Apr 14, 2020 :
    Hi All

Is there any explanation why there was no Oneplus 8 Pro in stock for Ireland?
    I was there from the first second and showed out of stock right away...

Regards

mariaxiberras likes this.
  2. ArnaudCo
    Donut Apr 14, 2020

3. firefox16
    Eclair Apr 14, 2020

That's what gonna make me to leave the brand...
    It was such a fuss to get my previous oneplus too...i don't even remember how many weeks of constantly looking at the shop when finally managed to click on order (just 30 sec before gone out of stock again)...

Why an Earth this company does a release when they only have about 1% of the stock needed to satisfy the orders...

4. Venaraa
    Cupcake Apr 14, 2020

Venaraa , Apr 14, 2020 :
    They were out of stock literally 30 seconds after they went online. I refreshed the page for exactly 5pm, saw the "Add to cart" button was available, clicked it, got a 502 Bad Gateway error, refreshed the page and already out of stock. All in a span of less than a minute.

It's unfortunate, I was really hoping to pre-order it :(

liamrae likes this.
  5. firefox16
    Eclair Apr 14, 2020

Figured out what happened...
    I checked at 4 PM BST - at the beginning of the event - there was nothing in the shop.
    And Oneplus were stating all over the place the pop-up boxes will come at 5PM BST.

But as it seems they released them a bit earlier earlier (shortly after the online event finished).
    Therefore by 5PM all were gone..

Thanks Oneplus not keeping your own words and not giving equal chance to everyone!

6. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 14, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 14, 2020 :
    Personally I would wait for the 8T. Be about the same price but with more and usually better hardware, software features, and maybe slightly higher spec. The T variation usually has the hardware, software bugs ironed out.

7. Tinsleyd
    Eclair Apr 14, 2020

Tinsleyd , Apr 14, 2020 :
    I refuse to order one if I cant get the popup box. Why should I pay the same but get much less. Not happy with oneplus and I've had everyone of their phones.

8. firefox16
    Eclair Apr 14, 2020

I don't know which country you were from...
    But in my country (Ireland) it was not available.
    I was there all the time from 4:59 PM BST and constantly getting out of stock.
    There was not a single second the phone was ever in stock.
    And I am sitting on a super fast cable broadband.

Yes, I've got the bad getaway error once as well...I guess when all the users flocked in and tried to get the nothing...

9. Venaraa
    Cupcake Apr 14, 2020

Venaraa , Apr 14, 2020 :
    Same as you, Ireland. Luck of the draw that I saw it as available I guess?

Abtin likes this.
  10. An.I.Am
    Moderator Moderator Apr 14, 2020

An.I.Am , Apr 14, 2020 :
    I think that the first batch was the pre-order 'pop-up' edition, which was limited and went out stock in a few minutes and now they're selling the 'normal' retail version.

11. Abtin
    Eclair Apr 14, 2020

Abtin , Apr 14, 2020 :
    Same happened with the UK pop-up box. No sure how you can launch earlier than 5pm without posting a link to the pop-up store.

12. firefox16
    Eclair Apr 14, 2020

Same here...just had really-really enough of this.
    I've clicked on to notify me if it's available.
    But I guess I will never receive such email...the same game as before.
    Just like when I got my current oneplus phone...I had to bugger support for weeks to tell me when it will be available and then sit there at midnight to be able to get it (and I guess even then it was just pure coincidence since 30 seconds later were all gone).

I'm not going to do this again...
    I'm going to check out the competition - they basically offer the same things for same or lower price now...
    (I'm not going tell the options here because then my post will be more than likely deleted).
    So I only say we have a phone/phones in the family from the competitors and we had been very satisfied with it/them.

13. Tinsleyd
    Eclair Apr 14, 2020

Tinsleyd , Apr 14, 2020 :
    I kept hitting refresh because people only have 1hr to complete payment. eventually got one.
    what a stupid system
    Why not give everyone the pop-up box who ordered in the first hour or so????? much more fair

you literally get £50 headphones and two £25 cases for free!