Why we are not getting better and sharp Pics as Samsung s8+, Pixel?

1. sumanthsumi
    Froyo Aug 2, 2017

sumanthsumi , Aug 2, 2017 :
    Even though we have dual camera on OnePlus 5 we are not getting better pics than S7 edge,s8+,Pixel XL ?
    No Video stabilization as SOON, Pixel XL?
    Speed wise OnePlus 5 is Best

2. Max.Mar
    Jelly Bean Aug 2, 2017

Max.Mar , Aug 2, 2017 :
    You better sell off your OP5 and buy an S8+....after spending $700+ you would realize that there is just marginal difference in quality for which you spent almost double.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017

3. G_Averboukh_Evgeny_SLAH
    Froyo Aug 2, 2017

4. hahaha2223
    Jelly Bean Aug 2, 2017

5. sumanthsumi
    Froyo Aug 2, 2017

Yes you are right Bro. Someone saying about Cost.Eventhough we have sd835 all features but unable to take better pictures

6. sumanthsumi
    Froyo Aug 2, 2017

Why are you getting angry ,I just asked My doubt , Hoping they may Fix with OTA update

7. p51d007
    KitKat Aug 2, 2017

p51d007 , Aug 2, 2017 :

Couple reasons....#1 is they didn't use a hardware based stabilization sensor, but went with a cheaper software
    version, along with a faster ISO (sensitivity setting), and a slightly improved (faster) lens.
    Oppo, will tell you "wait for a software update" but, honestly, unless you mount the camera on a fixed structure
    or tripod, you will still see the softness in the photo, especially when you zoom into a photo.
    The other thing is they probably are using a jpeg compression program that is too ambitious, which can take
    some of the "pop" out of the photo. Shooting in camera raw mode and processing through Adobe Lightroom or
    Photoshop, might be able to pull out a better photo, but you really shouldn't have too, to achieve a "pretty good"
    photo on today's crop of smartphones.
    (I shoot nothing but raw on my Nikon, but I'm VERY picky).

Nezumi_ likes this.
  8. Mytuner2002
    Cupcake Aug 2, 2017

Mytuner2002 , Aug 2, 2017 :
    If you want a phone with the best camera or display, buy that phone. Has nothing to do with dual cameras, SD835 and 6-8gb of ram, camera app and firmware needs some tweaks, but all in all good. Camera not being as good as the 3 current flagships it's almost half the cost. Reasons I considered buying the OP5 are extremely close to stock Android, no overlay. Cost, speed, battery life vs I can buy OP5 & OP6 for $150 more than the large variant of the any of the current flagships that are comparable performance wise. Only reason I considered not buying was no IP rating.

9. Nevabackdown
    Jelly Bean Aug 2, 2017

Nevabackdown , Aug 2, 2017 :
    So Duel cam is bad ...

Deactivated User likes this.
  10. emiliskog
    Froyo Aug 3, 2017

emiliskog , Aug 3, 2017 :
    yes we do not want dueling cameras

11. Metalsharp
    Froyo Aug 3, 2017

Metalsharp , Aug 3, 2017 :
    I had the OP5 for 2 days. Now I've been an owner of a S8 for a week. Honestly, if it wasn't for jelly effect I would still prefer the Oneplus. Software is much better, battery life is noticably (10-20%) better and its just a faster device to use. About the camera, the Oneplus was decent and the S8 camera is not worth another 300$. Now if we're talking the same price I would get a S8 which I consider the best phone ou there just now. Just perhaps not the best value.

12. G_Mayank_Jairaj_xCee
    Eclair Aug 3, 2017

G_Mayank_Jairaj_xCee , Aug 3, 2017 :
    The lack of Optical Image Stabilization is seen clearly in making hyperplases(timelapse) videos, the photos are soft and lack the optical clarity of older generation Samsung's. The images of OP5 lack detail and have abysmal speed compared to other flagships. I've used Samsung S6 edge and S7 edge for photos and can confirm that both of them are better than OP5

The pictures given contain pictures at around 100% crop
    1501717175741.jpg

1501717175857.jpg

1501717175944.jpg
    The pictures taken by the S6 edge are clearer, both OP5 camera pics look like oil paintings...(the image on OP5 is taken in a bit more cloudy weather)

Blackspark likes this.
  13. G_Fahad_Asad_SQlP
    Eclair Aug 3, 2017

14. G_Mayank_Jairaj_xCee
    Eclair Aug 3, 2017

the links to the images are:
    OP5 2x-20MP https://goo.gl/photos/UnPRQiswYHbL2sHLA
    OP5 1x-16MP https://goo.gl/photos/BQYYUF4TBoKZsvMk9
    S6 16MP https://goo.gl/photos/BQYYUF4TBoKZsvMk9

15. G_Mayank_Jairaj_xCee
    Eclair Aug 3, 2017

the algorithms are bad... even two generation old Samsung S6 can take better photos

16. G_Craig_Kingdon_nTXZ
    Eclair Aug 3, 2017

G_Craig_Kingdon_nTXZ , Aug 3, 2017 :
    as far as I can tell the best way to bump up sharpness is shoot in pro mode. HDR isn't implemented very well rn unless you use a tripod(btw, 10 bucks on Amazon, def worth the investment). And yeah, white balance needs work too. However I'm pretty confident Oneplus will iron out alot of the issues with the software, as they always do. It's just a matter of time. In the meantime though figure out the quirks of the camera, and your photos will definitely improve

17. F_Jorden_Grewal_QmtA
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 3, 2017

F_Jorden_Grewal_QmtA , Aug 3, 2017 :
    pixel phone use EIS and they are one of the best image qualities so the whole OIS argument is out of the window

Asifjaved007 and NovinDavis like this.
  18. Beng_Yap
    Gingerbread Aug 3, 2017

Beng_Yap , Aug 3, 2017 :
    as my opinion, op5 camera setting is base on WYSIWYG, the natural photo without over produced the photo then others brand smartphone, why all ppl yelling about this.

but the most important mistake is that the team didn't work out dual camera rightly, hope can get update to solved it. (the new update 4.5.7 did well to battery improvement, 4k video shoting stabilize, WiFi more stable but didn't fix camera setting yet)

19. Mahesh_Tamse
    Froyo Aug 3, 2017

Mahesh_Tamse , Aug 3, 2017 :
    wait for the Snapdragon camera as they developed for one plus 3t. may be it would utilize the camera to it's best

20. sumanthsumi
    Froyo Aug 3, 2017

sumanthsumi , Aug 3, 2017 :
    Even Front Camera also Giving Some beauty effect even though I turned off, No Sharp images while taking in indoor Condition