Why Would Anyone Actually Give Invites Away?

1. agureghian
    Honeycomb Jun 20, 2014

agureghian , Jun 20, 2014 :
    Clearly people can sell these invites.
    You can also send your invite to a new account you make and buy another then resell the phone.
    There have been a few threads with people claiming to want to give away invite for jokes, post #s or, just randomly.
    Actual giving away of invites probably hasn't happened.

Its been said before but seriously, I think it should be generally accepted that this invite system is awful.
    It just makes people mad.

2. dli7319
    Honeycomb Jun 20, 2014

dli7319 , Jun 20, 2014 :
    Not everyone is so greedy. Clearly OnePlus is not a money-oriented company trying to satisfy shareholders by improving profits

gunnarsig and Axara like this.
  3. Gslide
    Jelly Bean Jun 20, 2014

Gslide , Jun 20, 2014 :
    because there are lots of members like me that care about other members on this board and want people to have invites. Spread the invites in the opo forum family. Don't give into the devils ways.

gunnarsig, Axara, dalportodev and 2 others like this.
  4. vincellin
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 20, 2014

vincellin , Jun 20, 2014 :
    Hey newbie, You hav not been here long to make a claim like that!

5. agureghian
    Honeycomb Jun 20, 2014

There are exceptions, but people largely don't give a crap about randoms on a board.

6. gilsterm
    Gingerbread Jun 20, 2014

gilsterm , Jun 20, 2014 :
    In my opinion, creating a network of people interacting and enjoying the device the company made is overly ideal. The invite system was developed with good intentions but good intentions only go so far with normal consumers.

Axara and shiyu like this.
  7. agureghian
    Honeycomb Jun 20, 2014

I've been a member for longer than you.
    But I will respect your all mighty 100 posts.
    -all hail all hail-

8. samuelyau
    Cupcake Jun 20, 2014

9. thejchen7

thejchen7 , Jun 20, 2014 :
    Even if an invite is worth money, I wouldn't sell it. I rather give them to my friend and not have the money. Money is just a currency.

10. Kumbaya

Kumbaya , Jun 20, 2014 :
    BINGO!

11. adrianck45
    Honeycomb Jun 20, 2014

adrianck45 , Jun 20, 2014 :
    Maybe there's a nice person over there who only wants to make another person happy, there is not a special reason to give away an invite, but nothing is stopping you from doing so.

gunnarsig likes this.
  12. gilsterm
    Gingerbread Jun 20, 2014

gilsterm , Jun 20, 2014 :
    The whole system would make more sense if the company just gave one or two invites per person, when they expire, they move to the next person by some manner of selection.

illuminati229 likes this.
  13. illuminati229
    Gingerbread Jun 20, 2014

illuminati229 , Jun 20, 2014 :
    I imagine a few people are sending to new accounts and then reselling. 100% profit is very hard to pass up. And now that we are talking about it, more people might start doing it. I wonder if there is anything OnePlus could do to prevent this.

LibraSun likes this.
  14. Kumbaya

Kumbaya , Jun 20, 2014 :
    The fact is that someone will. It might even be me when it's my turn. I'm kinda weird in that I actually like the idea of showing some forum love to kindred spirits.

Oh, and if you think One+ is not in it for the money then you have missed the import of this entire endeavor.

That doesn't make them bad it just makes them resourceful.

gunnarsig likes this.
  15. radical
    Gingerbread Jun 20, 2014

radical , Jun 20, 2014 :
    maybe there shouldn't be extra invites given to purchases. the extra should maybe given to forum members

LocoHombre likes this.
  16. oneplusoneplus
    Jelly Bean Jun 20, 2014

oneplusoneplus , Jun 20, 2014 :
    Human nature. When many people get an invite, they'll order the phone and cash in on the invite as the bounty. I don't think the invite system is going to work out as intended :(

[​IMG]

17. mrbeeda
    Eclair Jun 20, 2014

gunnarsig likes this.
  18. agureghian
    Honeycomb Jun 20, 2014

I never said OP was bad, and I never said they weren't in it for the money.
    I don't know where you got that. This thread is purely about their invite system.

Oh and just so you know, just because someone made an account on a day after you doesn't give you the right to look down on them.
    Length of membership isn't indicative of how long someone waited or how knowledgeable they are.

19. oneplusoneplus
    Jelly Bean Jun 20, 2014

oneplusoneplus , Jun 20, 2014 :
    People will make extra accounts. The only solution I see is to give out invites in order of forum sign up.

20. frogtyrant
    Froyo Jun 20, 2014

frogtyrant , Jun 20, 2014 :
    I would give an invite away. I don't have enough money to buy two and I don't know anyonw irl who would want to buy a phone from China.