Why would you buy/not buy the OnePlus 7 Pro?

1. riffraff81 KitKat Jun 9, 2019

2. Hoqmeister Froyo Jun 9, 2019

Hoqmeister, Jun 9, 2019 :
    yeah it might seem a bit awkward that camera popping up every time the phone is raised to unlock

3. G_Manoj_kumar_vrhM Gingerbread Jun 9, 2019

G_Manoj_kumar_vrhM, Jun 9, 2019 :
    The tech is developing in every series of OnePlus, doesn't mean that the size of the phone will be developed too as phablet. Everything is okay but the size of the OP7 pro makes me to stictk to my 5.5" OP5.

The size of the phone clearly shows how aggressively we are trying to compete with others. God, why the heck do we even have to compete with others when we already have such a great uncomparable features, awesome software and the premium brand itself.

I mean, reduce the size.

ali452 likes this.
  4. F_Michael_Wei_waip Cupcake Jun 9, 2019

F_Michael_Wei_waip, Jun 9, 2019 :
    I don't like the pop up selfie cam. I don't like mechanical moving parts in my phone, especially when it's for something as sensitive as a camera component. higher chance of failure.

ali452 likes this.
  5. Kannan Eclair Jun 9, 2019

Kannan, Jun 9, 2019 :
    Will Buy:
    1. Love the features of the OS and its relatively clean without bloatware
    2. 90Hz screen
    3. 8GB+ RAM
    4. Latest processor

Won't Buy:
    1. Curved screen edges
    2. Large display
    3. Heavy
    4. Costly
    5. No notification LED (Horizontal Display Notification is waste of battery life)

rebshore and ali452 like this.
  6. O1560064119833 Cupcake Jun 9, 2019

O1560064119833, Jun 9, 2019 :
    I have the OnePlus 7 Pro. Best phone I've ever had, get a lot of kudos on the 60 fps 4k video, and the pictures aren't bad either. Only thing I would personally change is the curved screen. It's been almost a month and I still wish the screen was not curved. Still though, terrific phone!

G_Long_She_QfzF and EJ102 like this.
  7. RachitBagaria Cupcake Jun 9, 2019

RachitBagaria, Jun 9, 2019 :
    Hi Group,
    I just purchased a 7pro 10 days back. Was a bit curious regarding a few things. I am listing them below, pls be kind enough to answer as logical as possible.

1. What's a healthy battery/phone temperature? Also what temperature is alarming? (I am measuring mine in °C)
    2. In a phone Does a Glass body heat faster than a Metal Body?
    3. Can a phone heat up enormously due to Software glitches?
    4. Is the latest Pro version prone to heating up? And is it a downgraded battery version of previous Oneplus phones, because none of my other Oneplus Phones (I have all the versions from Oneplus 2 to 7pro except 7).
    5. what could be the reason of battery already dipping massively twice in past 10 days?
    6. Diagnose reports show "heat due to tencent games" "heat due to IMO" "heat due to Camera Hardware" "heat due to chrome" also in all these cases it mentions CPU Highload, and the phone really heats up whenever i am using these or even when i am on a call. This never happened with previous versions of Oneplus, which had way less of RAM and ROM.

want advises as to what Oneplus community thinks of this, so that I could get it checked.

8. Jordan1985 Donut Jun 9, 2019

ali452 likes this.
  9. Blair287 Honeycomb Jun 9, 2019

Blair287, Jun 9, 2019 :
    Returned my 7 pro too shame as I've loved all my OnePlus phones but the 7 pro purely the curved screen has annoyed the hell out of me. the glare and lack of screen protectors has put me right off will not be making the mistake of getting a phone with a curved screen ever again.

Why have you gone the way of adding gimmicks that no one asked this phone was perfect but now it horrible to use just because of the curved screen.

Will not be purchasing any more OnePlus products till the curved screen is gone.

ali452 likes this.
  10. brunton1976 Gingerbread Jun 9, 2019

brunton1976, Jun 9, 2019 :
    To much of a price jump, then there is more competition to choose from, also don't like pop up camera.

so no stick with my 6t

ali452 likes this.
  11. Ake Winther Gingerbread Jun 9, 2019

12. F_Louis_Rivera_RnEP Cupcake Jun 9, 2019

F_Louis_Rivera_RnEP, Jun 9, 2019 :
    Very happy with my OP6. Waiting to see how 5G plays out here in the USA. When it becomes more available I'll address an upgrade to a 5 G phone.

13. G_random_stuff_bgaB Cupcake Jun 9, 2019

G_random_stuff_bgaB, Jun 9, 2019 :
    I wouldn't buy if I had know I would have very erratic wifi and I'm probably gonna try to get warranty on it if a factory reset and full reflash via unbrick tool doesn't fix it

14. Wistiii Cupcake Jun 9, 2019

Wistiii, Jun 9, 2019 :
    because I have the 6T... Probably , will I buy the ONE+10 plus[e]1f603[/e]

15. Brownz Honeycomb Jun 9, 2019

Brownz, Jun 9, 2019 :
    I'd love a pro that's 6inch love the phone just wish was alot smaller as only got small hands

16. AdikartaDasa Gingerbread Jun 9, 2019

AdikartaDasa, Jun 9, 2019 :
    You can always go OTG

17. Hassan44 Cupcake Jun 9, 2019

Hassan44, Jun 9, 2019 :
    I actually have one.

To buy:
    -Its big and heavy (I have big hands and I kinda like heavy phones)
    -No notch
    -One of the fastest, if not the fastest phone on the market right now (I love fast phones)!
    -Already had a Op6 and I loved the software, the one on op7 is even better keep it up;),
    -Fast charging
    -Nebula blue[e]1f60d[/e]
    -90hz and the ability to change it and the resolution for better battery life (thank you so much)
    -Dual speakers THX

Not to buy:
    -A little bit expensive but I think it's worth the price because of the premium

Thank you for hearing to your community OnePlus!

Already excited for the 7t or the 8 :D

18. technerd71 Eclair Jun 9, 2019

technerd71, Jun 9, 2019 :
    I had an S10+ and I sold it to buy the top tier OnePlus 7 pro. The reasons below.

The 90 hz 6.67" quad hd AMOLED screen is a game changer and one of the main reasons I love the 7pro.

The 256gb ufs 3.0 internal storage.

12gb ram.

Oxygen OS

Warp charge

I was able to sell my S10+ for $750 which paid for the 7pro top tier.

I lose wireless charging and IP rating but gain double the internal storage using ufs 3.0 instead of 2.1 on S10+. I also gain a 50% ram increase and larger no notch/hole punch 90hz screen. Then there is Oxygen OS which is the way OEM Android software should be. No forced duplicate apps, app store, etc.

The S10+ is a darn good phone but the OnePlus 7pro improves on it in most ways.

I didn't mention headphone jack. It would be the cherry on top. 3.5mm headphone jack is a nice feature and the only thing I miss on the S10 +.

So the only thing I would say is a drawback/reason I would not buy is the 3.5mm headphone jack.

I am so glad I made the switch. I seriously think this is the best phone of 2019!!

One thing I don't understand is why people don't opt for the most expensive model and most reviewers make the same mistake. Don't compare the cheapest version to the cheapest version of flagship like s10e, xr. Instead they should compare the S10+ and XS to the top of the line OnePlus 7 pro. To me the highest value OnePlus 7 pro is the most expensive model they sell. Minus a couple of features it beats the competition for less!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019

Hassan44 likes this.
  19. M1545009325389 Donut Jun 10, 2019

M1545009325389, Jun 10, 2019 :
    buy:

1) nice screen
    2) warp charge
    3) great battery life
    4) 12gb ram

not buy
    1) Google play store does not protect the user
    --if the user downloaded the bad app, ad will often pop up connecting Google play store. it is hard for someone that is moving from iOS to Android.

Q1560016001070 likes this.
  20. F_C_XX Cupcake Jun 10, 2019

F_C_XX, Jun 10, 2019 :
    Personally would not buy, not right now anyways. I really don't like the curved screen edges on any phone. The pop up cam seems unnecessary and because it's mechanical, it may break. Also I am finding that I am not getting answers to my questions in the support forum about ongoing issues with the 6T.