Why would you buy/not buy the OnePlus 7 Pro?

1. Neu2102 Cupcake Jun 13, 2019

Neu2102, Jun 13, 2019 :
    because i switched from iphone xr to op7pro to be free, awesome file manager and android stocl experience, bye apple

2. G_Adam_Humphrey_LTEC Cupcake Jun 13, 2019

G_Adam_Humphrey_LTEC, Jun 13, 2019 :
    I bought the Oneplus 7 Pro and absolutely love it. However, I seriously considered the S10 for it's wireless charging capabilities, and broader range of accessories (Galaxy Buds, watch, etc) overall I would still go with the Oneplus for sure, but those are the only reasons I can think of.

3. A1550387522048 Gingerbread Jun 13, 2019

A1550387522048, Jun 13, 2019 :
    Because I am very happy with my OnePlus6... And I am planning to change it when I need... For me 7Pro is not a device that I wish with desire to swap up.. At least for now.

4. John Macca Cupcake Jun 13, 2019

John Macca, Jun 13, 2019 :
    why are people getting so hung up on wireless charging I've had it an my Huawei and Samsung's but very rarely used it .... one of my least used functions hence why I went for the 7pro.... the lack of an IP rating is more of an issue I'd say

5. G_Adam_Humphrey_LTEC Cupcake Jun 13, 2019

G_Adam_Humphrey_LTEC, Jun 13, 2019 :
    just a nice to have, but yeah no big deal

6. DracoSura Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 13, 2019

DracoSura, Jun 13, 2019 :
    Only few whitelisted apps run @90hz. This is what I was telling in my initial post. Check this below.

7. G_Jacob_Porter_GgKx Cupcake Jun 13, 2019

G_Jacob_Porter_GgKx, Jun 13, 2019 :
    i just got my 7 pro yesterday with the 12 gb and oh my god i would drop $1000 on this phone and not blink, it is seriously amazing. Also my average ram usage is 6.3 gb so i would get at least 8.

8. G1560460981081 Cupcake Jun 13, 2019

G1560460981081, Jun 13, 2019 :
    I just purchased my OnePlus 7Pro... I excited since all my data has been transferred it's been a smooth sailing... keep the community posted

A1550387522048 likes this.
  9. G_Ri Cupcake Jun 14, 2019

G_Ri, Jun 14, 2019 :
    Would buy and did because it's so far a rockin phone. my wife is considering

Wouldn't buy of the tariff freak Trump does to the Parent company what he did to Huawei. we had 2 pro 30,s but sent them back. luckily within 15 days.
    Their loss your gain

10. F_Steven_Michael_Bacalla Eclair Jun 14, 2019

F_Steven_Michael_Bacalla, Jun 14, 2019 :
    i may be doing the same. im trying to give it a chance, but not a fan so far of the curve distortion.

11. G_Ri Cupcake Jun 14, 2019

G_Ri, Jun 14, 2019 :
    curve smurve, I had a Samsung note 8 just before this but to wait on the Note 10 and get 256 memory and 12G Ram I am sure Samsung will be upwards of 2000 in Canada, Samsung is not all that anymore so far only one issue with my OPP7 and it's not worth mentioning here

12. Jeramy_Koval Froyo Jun 14, 2019

Jeramy_Koval, Jun 14, 2019 :
    Honestly, you get use to the curve. But it does take time. Having spent a lot of time with Samsung it's not noticable to me.

13. G_Ri Cupcake Jun 14, 2019

G_Ri, Jun 14, 2019 :
    That is what I am saying after a while you like the curve. Btw my Note 8 is the exact size as OP7Pro. I am gonna weigh them but I think the OP is lighter. they are same thickness also

14. Jeramy_Koval Froyo Jun 14, 2019

Jeramy_Koval, Jun 14, 2019 :
    Yes, similar to the Note 9 as well. I think the 7 pro is a tad wider though.

A1550387522048 likes this.
  15. CarlosLockward Eclair Jun 14, 2019

CarlosLockward, Jun 14, 2019 :
    The new OnePlus 7 Series really disappointed a lot of OP fans, including me. Why are we disappointed you may be asking, well, OP as a company was never about bells and whistles, or even good looks... OP was always about putting together the fastest phone with the best user experience posible and with the cheapest prices posible. Even though the price of the flagship OP phone increased throughout the years this was still true untill the 6T. Now all is ruined.

The OnePlus 7 Pro killed the OnePlus that we knew and loved. This feels just like when Apple released the Iphone 8 along with the Iphone X. OnePlus is forcing us the user to pay more to get the actual new features. You dont want to pay more? get the regular OnePlus 7, with no all-screen display, no 90hz, no triple camera, no higher resolution. So its basically a faster 6T. But the 6T its now around 400$ so why pay 100$ more for just a bit more performance? Short answer is, you shouldn't, why? because it doesn't benefit you, the user. it only benefits OP as a company. OnePlus got into my heart because they wanted to benefit the customer. Now they're getting greedy and making their phones more expensive each year, what is the goal of that? To have OP phones to be just as expensive as Apple's?

And, who needs a curved Edge display? it serves no purpose... it doesn't make the phone faster in any way, neither does it provide any meaningful functionality. Heck, it even causes the screen to be more prone to breaking and causes accidental touch inputs. IT REALLY JUST MAKES THE PHONE MORE EXPENSIVE.

IF A FEATURE DOESN'T IMPROVE MY USER EXPERIENCE I DONT WANT IT.

Redmi just launched a phone very similar to the OnePlus 7 Pro and you know how much it cost? 360$ USD. Frankly if that phone had Stock Android there would be no reason to buy a OnePlus phone. AND IT HAS A HEADPHONE JACK. Oneplus doesn't even give you a dongle anymore!

So what should OnePlus have done? you may ask. Simple:

-NO ONEPLUS 7 PRO

-OnePlus 7 with: pop up camera, triple cameras on the back, same 90hz all screen panel with NO CURVED EDGES, same ufs 3.0 storage. WITH AT LEAST A 3.5MM DONGLE. All this for a prince starting at 580 ~ 600 USD

NOW THAT IS A TRULY ONEPLUS PHONE!

I hope they realize this and ditch the Pro and just make a good 7T for 600 USD.

And if you REALLY wanted a OnePlus 7 Pro. It would need to have this features on top of what it currently offers.

- fast wireless charging.
    - a pen.
    - 12 GB ram.
    - larger battery.
    - expandible storage.

All that maybe starting at 800. That would be a real "Pro" model, and it would basically crush a Note 10.

The word "Pro" should mean No Compromises, a "Pro" phone needs to "tick every box".

And that's basically my honest opinion about the direction OnePlus is taking as a company. If they continue down this road they probably will lose a lot of fans, they might gain new fans coming from a higher end market like Apple's. But that would no longer be the OnePlus we know.

It seems my point in this post isn't clear enough, for that ill add this extra bit:

What im saying The OnePlus 7, At is regular price tag should be coming with new features!

Same or slightly higher price than last year should give features worth upgrading from last year's phone. Like that 90hz higher resolution panel or the triple cameras.

So to clarify, 600$ price point = 90hz display, popup camera, triple cameras on the back.

With this agresive price point the would be able to sell much more phones, even though the profit margins might be a bit less, the over all profit could actually go up because they would sell more phones.

The Pro model with its much higher price tag should give even more than that! or just not exist.

And even for people that didn't buy a 6 or 6T, The 6T its just a better bang for your buck than the OP7.

Lastly, the K20 Pro is neerly identical to the OP7 Pro. It only lacks the 90hz curved display and Oxygen OS. And it has a selling price of 360$. So clearly a OP7 with all the features from the OP7 Pro except the curved display at 600$ would still have some pretty big margins.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019

16. meatandy Oreo Jun 14, 2019

The1Lion, SJBoss, Matt 80 and 5 others like this.
  17. toastytoast1234 Marshmallow Jun 14, 2019

toastytoast1234, Jun 14, 2019 :
    They should hire you as a consultant, clearly they never thought about any of this before.

18. CarlosLockward Eclair Jun 14, 2019

CarlosLockward, Jun 14, 2019 :
    with all the extra features that i mentioned, yea probably.

19. G_plusone Marshmallow Jun 14, 2019

The1Lion, Matt 80 and Android450 like this.
  20. Discostu Jelly Bean Jun 14, 2019

Discostu, Jun 14, 2019 :
    Companies evolve, they're trying to break into a new market and position themselves differently. This is life.

If you don't like it, switch to another OEM - no one is holding a gun to your head demanding you buy whatever OnePlus puts out every year.