Why would you buy/not buy the OnePlus 7 Pro?

1. Peyton1318 Cupcake Jun 14, 2019

Peyton1318, Jun 14, 2019 :
    the phone is amazing. it's beautiful. I would highly recommend. I'm not a selfie person nor do I care about wireless charging. I wanted something fast and with a beautiful display

A1550387522048 likes this.
  2. CarlosLockward Eclair Jun 14, 2019

CarlosLockward, Jun 14, 2019 :
    I understand your point, but dont say they cant evolve, as I mentioned, a pro model of a one plus phone wouldn't be a bad idea with the correct set of features and price. Is just that if you buy a OnePlus 7 right now you just feel like you're just getting less than the OP7 Pro. But how it should feel is that you get more with the OP7 Pro. The OP7 doesn't really bring any new features.

Also, even if the company evolves, some of the core meaning and vision of the company should still remain, and for Oneplus that vision is being a flagship killer, without that it isn't really OnePlus anymore.

3. Prajwal M R Froyo Jun 14, 2019

4. U1544036311991 Cupcake Jun 14, 2019

U1544036311991, Jun 14, 2019 :
    1.) I own a pretty great OnePlus 6 in an awesome candy red.
    2.) HEADPHONE JACK!! I want the best sound i can get with my music.

5. Discostu Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 14, 2019

Discostu, Jun 14, 2019 :
    I didn't say they can't evolve, I literally said they are evolving.

Your comment about getting "less with the OP7" makes no sense, of course you're getting less - it's the lesser model. In the same way that the iPhone xr and Galaxy S10e are the lesser models of their bigger siblings - you have a similar core experience but with less. The pro variant of the OP7 does give you more?

OnePlus have not used the "flagship killer" moniker in a very long time. What does that tell you? That they are evolving and moving away. They can't just hold onto the past because some people want them to, they do what is right for them.

Again, if it so enrages you then give your money to another company. They aren't going to go back to "the old days".

6. CarlosLockward Eclair Jun 14, 2019

CarlosLockward, Jun 14, 2019 :
    The thing is the OnePlus 7 shouldn't be the lesser model! It should be the BASE model with a OP7 Pro giving you even more!. OP7 should be the flagship and OP7 Pro more something like a Note.

Basically OP7 doesn't bring any big new features compared to the 6T, so its barely and upgrade. Some even call ir a refresh, so basically what they have done is make the real upgrade more expensive.

Finally, im not enraged or anything, all im saying is that this new direction the company is taking might loose the all the fans that got them where they are now. I think they have much room to grow even more as a company in the mid end market, after all, this market is what made them grow, entering the high end market seems a bit risky to me. And the fandom that OnePlus had is not something that easy to find, especially in the high end market where Samsung, Google and Apple absolutely dominate.

7. Discostu Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 14, 2019

Discostu, Jun 14, 2019 :
    I'm really struggling to understand what your point is? The OP7 is a lesser model / base model / whatever you want to call it. The OP7 Pro does give you more than the OP7. Why would they classify the Pro as being a "note"? They aren't Samsung? Who cares how they name their devices when the distinction is clear - you pay more and get more with the Pro. You pay less and get less with the 7. They are just phones!

Perhaps look at the 7 as a phone for people to upgrade to if they did not buy a 6 or 6t? Again, no one is being forced to buy the device(s).

8. liwinchua Cupcake Jun 14, 2019

9. mayank020 Eclair Jun 14, 2019

mayank020, Jun 14, 2019 :
    I believe it's temporary. This year they have fierce competition in the mid range section from Xiaomi and Asus. They will course-correct in 7T version by giving latest 2019 features. This year OnePlus 7 sale is going to drop a lot once both the Zenfone 6 and K20 pro release across India which is OP's one of the core markets. Except a few loyal customers, no new customer will prefer to buy the OP7 because the other phones are much more exciting.

In premium section, it's difficult for them to survive without giving great camera. They have managed to create hype around 7 Pro because no other popular premium phone is releasing right now. Once new iPhone and Pixel phones come into the conversion again, it'll be difficult for them to defend the low price with an average camera. 7 Pro has gone into the domain where its price can't be its selling point.

karthik oneplus and DeathMoJo like this.
  10. bfra4375 Donut Jun 14, 2019

bfra4375, Jun 14, 2019 :
    I like the fast charging, battery and screen size. I'm not too crazy about the pop up camera but I like that there isn't a notch on the screen. Something that's always bugged me about OnePlus phones is the screen to body fit. It's wavy around the long edges on the sides like someone squeezed too large a screen into too small a body just like my old OnePlus one. Software is another issue, while your updates are quick compared to other phones, it always feels like a beta and a lot of apps that have worked with my other phones don't work on OnePlus phones. The price for what you're offering is too good to be ignored but everybody's catching up. Apple, Samsung and other manufacturers are coming with lower priced, high spec phones and you won't be special in a little while. I like your phones but when people ask me if they should buy one I tell them about it's quirks. So to answer your question, yes I would buy one for the screen, battery size and fast charging. My phone arrived yesterday and I haven't put it down. Thank you.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019

11. G1560460981081 Cupcake Jun 14, 2019

G1560460981081, Jun 14, 2019 :
    the nightscape on the camera is some getting use to... if any one has suggestions help a brother out

12. Matt 80 Lollipop Jun 14, 2019

Matt 80, Jun 14, 2019 :
    Oneplus isn't forcing users to do anything, if people don't don't like the phone, they don't buy it...plain and simple

13. Punit G Gingerbread Jun 14, 2019

Punit G, Jun 14, 2019 :
    I agree with this guy, look somewhere else like me, if u want a phone that tick all boxes go for Samsung or pixel.. OR IF U WANT BACK SAME REASON OF LOVE (LIKE U HAD FOR OP) CHECK OUT K20 PRO.

IT COULD POTENTIALLY BE OP KILLER.

Matt 80 likes this.
  14. DeathMoJo Froyo Jun 14, 2019

DeathMoJo, Jun 14, 2019 :
    I think you hit a strong point that some may over luck. The mid-range market has a strong base now that wasn't as present in the past few years. In the US flagships seem to rule the day and so the OP7 Pro I feel is a good first attempt into that market. It doesn't have every bell and whistle but it's not a $1000 phone either.

I'd be interested to see if they release a mid-range model at some point or will they continue to focus upwards. The 7 and the 7 Pro fall competively in their price ranges and curious to see how they do.

15. Matt 80 Lollipop Jun 14, 2019

Matt 80, Jun 14, 2019 :
    The value for money on offer with the k20 Pro is incredible....$360!!

Punit G likes this.
  16. django1123-OP6 Donut Jun 14, 2019

Punit G likes this.
  17. Bouncer71 Lollipop Jun 14, 2019

Bouncer71, Jun 14, 2019 :
    expandable storage...?

why to slow down experience with sd-cards...?

256 GB isn't enough...?

external portable ssd drives are way faster and cost less than those nano sd-cards...

18. teflocarbon Eclair Jun 14, 2019

teflocarbon, Jun 14, 2019 :
    Most of these insanely cheap phone manufacturers just to this kind of stuff to make some marketing buzz for their products.
    They make little to no profit at all from selling a phone like that, which is also why most of the software/support is awful.

Companies cant live off a no profit margin forever, they need to innovate and raise their prices.

Not to mention all of the work that goes into a phone.
    Hardware team, PR team, Bug squashers, general administration since your working with probably another 10 companies.

All of these cost time and effort and because of that the price goes up. Especially when OnePlus users expect their phone to last around 3 years with constant software updates, and if they are missed out they literally flip out.

The 3T is still literally getting software updates and with that Android Pie!
    That takes a-lot of time and money, especially considering you need to have a large software team just to support the older devices, as well as the new ones. Also OnePlus software is highly regarded and very well optimised. This isn't just a quick and dirty patch like some other manufacturers.

The OnePlus 7 Pro was a sign that the company as a whole is ready to move on. They need to start having larger profit margins.
    Dont forget that most of the selling point for Apple and Samsung a long time ago was 'its cheaper' and just look where they went.

People will pay a premium for the best of the bunch
    Companies will use that userbase to generate a profit.
    Thats just how it is unfortunately.

Also in my opinion. The hardware game is pretty much won at this point. Its all about software.

Budruel likes this.
  19. karthik oneplus Honeycomb Jun 14, 2019

karthik oneplus, Jun 14, 2019 :
    Regular oneplus 7 is for people like me who are using 3/3t and even 5. No one said its an upgrade to 6T. don't forget that oneplus became more popular with success with 3 and 3T. So definitely 7 is for users below even 5t. Why am I saying that because my 3T is still strong. Also don't forget that oneplus 7 price is reduced by 5k when compared to 6t which means they are going by market.

Now coming to 7 pro yes its an experiment oneplus is doing by making it costlier than s10e and equivalent to s10 after exchange in India. Yes for sure it's expensive since samsung spends millions on advertising when compared to oneplus.
    45k would have been best price according to me. No dongle and ear phone was a cheap practice and looks like they are following Apple. In the end its just a choice what you like and then pick up.

20. teflocarbon Eclair Jun 14, 2019

teflocarbon, Jun 14, 2019 :
    They are not trying to go for the S10e market.
    They are trying to reach into the S10+, Note, Pixel, iPhone market.

The OnePlus 7 Pro is excellent for their first 'flagship' and I'm excited to see what they have in the future.
    Also in my country the 7 Pro is cheaper than the S10e and $300 cheaper than the S10+ so I'm fine with that.

However I will agree that no headphone dongle included was a bit lazy considering they cost probably around 3ish dollars to produce? And would probably be cheaper to OnePlus in the long term including them in the box at the factory compared to shipping them to a warehouse and manually sending them from there. Stupid decision.

Headphones is a bit of a stretch though it would be nice but they aren't 'necessary' to be fair.

As for the IP rating others were talking about I find them as complete BS and lure consumers into a false sense of security that their phones are indeed waterproof (when its far from the truth)

Budruel likes this.