Why would you buy/not buy the OnePlus 7 Pro?

1. vjagpal
    Donut Jun 14, 2019

2. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop Jun 14, 2019

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan , Jun 14, 2019 :
    OnePlus is still the same "for profit" company that it was when it launched. It was, is and will continue to be an entity for making profits for itself and it's owners. You, as a customer, is NOT the owner. You may own the product it makes, but that doesn't make you the owner of the company.

This tag of being a ''community/ user driven" company is just a marketing moniker, and people continue to believe that by buying its product they will have a say in the direction the company takes. Remember, you just bought the product the company makes, not it's shares. So you DON'T have a say in what the company will/ should do going forward.

Also, people who buy their phones are only doing a favor to themselves, because they are getting good value for their money. I don't understand why they begin to think they are doing the company a favor. It is almost to the point that some people think that they own the company and Carl & Pete are employed by them.

So start seeing the reality the way it is. Not what Donald Trump/ America tells you sighting non-existent national security.

YRJ likes this.
  3. elanglois
    Lollipop Jun 14, 2019

elanglois , Jun 14, 2019 :
    Thats not true. It depends on what the app is doing. Only apps that use certain OS objects, like for video, drop to 60Hz. The whitelist is for apps that use these objects and can still run at 90Hz. The majority of apps DO run at 90Hz. ALL video runs at 60Hz and you wouldn't want it any other way!

4. elanglois
    Lollipop Jun 14, 2019

elanglois , Jun 14, 2019 :
    I used to think the pop-up camera was stupid, but the launch made me reconsider. Now that I use it, it's awesome

5. CarlosLockward
    Eclair Jun 14, 2019

CarlosLockward , Jun 14, 2019 :
    The thing is everyone likes the phone, its just that the price tag is way to high. What im saying is that if you want new features from OP you are forced to buy the OP7 Pro because the 7 lacks the features.

Impersonal likes this.
  6. CarlosLockward
    Eclair Jun 14, 2019

Discostu

I'm really struggling to understand what your point is? The OP7 is a lesser model / base model / whatever you want to call it. The OP7 Pro does give you more than the OP7. Why would they classify the Pro as being a "note"? They aren't Samsung? Who cares how they name their devices when the distinction is clear - you pay more and get more with the Pro. You pay less and get less with the 7. They are just phones!

Perhaps look at the 7 as a phone for people to upgrade to if they did not buy a 6 or 6t? Again, no one is being forced to buy the device(s).​

What im saying The OnePlus 7, At is regular price tag should be coming with new features!

Same or slightly higher price than last year should give features worth upgrading from last year's phone. Like that 90hz higher resolution panel or the triple cameras.

So to clarify, 600$ price point = 90hz display, popup camera, triple cameras on the back.

With this agresive price point the would be able to sell much more phones, even though the profit margins might be a bit less, the over all profit could actually go up because they would sell more phones.

The Pro model with its much higher price tag should give even more than that! or just not exist.

And even for people that didn't buy a 6 or 6T, The 6T its just a better bang for your buck than the OP7.

Lastly, the K20 Pro is neerly identical to the OP7 Pro. It only lacks the 90hz curved display and Oxygen OS. And it has a selling price of 360$. So clearly a OP7 with all the features from the OP7 Pro except the curved display at 600$ would still have some pretty big margins.

7. CarlosLockward
    Eclair Jun 14, 2019

You might be right, maybe then go up to 512?

8. CarlosLockward
    Eclair Jun 14, 2019

Im just expressing my opinions here buddy, i know i dont have a say in the company.

And not caring about the customers kills every single company that does this. Even Jeff Bezos said it. "You have to be obsessed with the customer".

9. The1Lion
    Lollipop Jun 14, 2019

The1Lion , Jun 14, 2019 :
    Only if you remove the free case!

10. The1Lion
    Lollipop Jun 14, 2019

The1Lion , Jun 14, 2019 :
    But there are also customers that wanted the better screen, the "full screen" vs notch, the teleportation, etc...

The 7 is a slight bump up from the 6T and probably saved OP from investing into a newer design although they then turned around and spent that on the Pro version. Here in NA we only have the Pro and there are some of us wishing the 7 (non pro) version was available.

Competition is good, OP will need to find out where it has footing and can compete. How loyal are we truly? As a consumer are you going to pass up a "deal"? Low to mid price is getting crowded now with even Google offering up a decent phone at cheaper prices. Not everyone needs the "fastest" CPU and a bunch of RAM that doesn't even get utilized

11. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop Jun 14, 2019

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan , Jun 14, 2019 :
    By 'you', I didn't mean yourself in particular. The OnePlus 7 is probably the smallest annual upgrade on a phone from the previous generation. There was probably nothing new to add at the same price point.

Launching the 7 pro is a good decision. It is closer to flagships from other companies in terms of hardware. And honestly, a phone is never a good upgrade over it's immediate predecessor. So an existing OnePlus user buying a 7 should be currently holding a 3 or an older generation to actually feel an upgrade.

So a 6 or even 5 owner shouldn't actually complain that the upgrade is insignificant, because it will indeed be insignificant and unnecessary, given that the progress in this field has actually slowed down. Companies are doing all sorts of rubbish like bringing in a notch, a punch hole display, etc just to bring a different experience because there isn't much new to offer customers.

Do keep in mind that the customers are very diverse and the product must cater to a wide range of requirements, whilst being competitive. I'm owning a 3T and if I were to upgrade (I'm not doing it now), the 7 should make sense to me, should because I won't because of the ugly notch.

YRJ likes this.
  12. Impersonal
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 14, 2019

Impersonal , Jun 14, 2019 :
    No one is forcing you to buy the 7pro, I hope, if you do, remember the 15 days return policy (maybe not available in your region), if it ain't for you that's not an issue, people change, companies change etc etc etc, I'm old enough to remember when Nokia was all the rage, or HTC or the Nexus devices, anyways there is a large market outhere maybe start with the sister company of OPPO reno 10x zoom, or my favorite OnePlus alternative the Xiaomi Redmi K20 pro, it's impossible to not find something you like, even in a budget

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019

13. YRJ
    Lollipop Jun 14, 2019

YRJ , Jun 14, 2019 :
    Let's get this right, there is no WE it's just you, only you. That's how a public forum works. Your identity is your username and you speak for no one but yourself exclusively.
    When you have 2 seperate lineups,
    One Midrange and one ultra premium premium there had to be a reasonable gap in features and in price as well. The OnePlus 7 is a good buy for the price and the 7Pro as regarded by MANY influencers is still a good value compared to the Competetion.
    That's been done and dusted already. No pens please.

Also, @Sridhar Ananthanarayanan very succinctly pointed out that you are a user, a buyer. A person who's bought the phone only. WE still are and will always be users. Unless you want to be an employee.
    Personally having had the OnePlus 5, 6 and the 6T it is impossible for you to say that this was a significant upgrade.
    If you are someone who's coming from the OnePlus 2/3 you feel the difference from the very moment you touch the phone. The screen, the bells and the whistles.

Even after having had phones up until the 6T, my daily driver is a OnePlus 5. That goes down to individual preference and just because I won't budge from the 5 does not mean OnePlus will stop and wait. They will continue to evolve and it is essential if they want to live to see the light of day.
    The only thing that should matter to you ATM is how much is in your pocket, what's on the shelf. Are you convinced that $X for a X phone is justified?
    If the answer is yes the transaction should be succesful!

14. CarlosLockward
    Eclair Jun 14, 2019

The thing is that when you look at the K20 Pro vs the OP7 Pro.

Imagine for a moment the K20 Pro had Stock Android.

Would you have a reason to buy a OP7 Pro?.

So, does it really make sense to price the OP7 Pro that high. Is a 90hz screen worth 300$ dollars?

And if you lower the OP 7 Pro price, would it make sense to even have a OP 7? No.

So what gives?

15. G1560460981081
    Cupcake Jun 14, 2019

G1560460981081 , Jun 14, 2019 :
    everything is wireless...

16. falconmoonpunch
    Froyo Jun 14, 2019

falconmoonpunch , Jun 14, 2019 :
    I gave in and got the 7 Pro from T-Mobile(flashed to international) and I am so pleased. I enjoy this phone A LOT more than I do my boyfriend (lol) the only thing I dislike is the volume buttons should be lowered. this is really a huge phone and I feel like the way a lot of people hold it including myself kind of makes reaching for the volume rockers slightly uncomfortable they need to be lowered if they were even in the same place as the power button that would make a huge difference.

17. Impersonal
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 14, 2019

Impersonal , Jun 14, 2019 :
    59a61d92c5735.jpeg
    1/2 There is only WE in a public forum, he, as you and me are members together in the Community, there is no outsider here, his opinion is as valuable as yours or mine, and it's a good thing is different, yes he speaks his own mind but it shares his ideas with us (the We part), he is here with us not in a void..
    2/2 Influencers, really, you value more the opinion of a Kardashian that spends idk some days with a OnePlus, and actually gets paid for its impressions rather than a honest "normal" guy who is working hard for his money (same as you and I)

18. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Jun 14, 2019

camohan , Jun 14, 2019 :
    Thread merged. Make sure to fill up the form available in the first post.

Impersonal likes this.
  19. CarlosLockward
    Eclair Jun 14, 2019

Why did my thread got merged with this one? Im not only talking about the one plus 7 series, Im talking about OnePlus as a Company and the direction they are taking in the industry.

Please Undo this.

20. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Jun 14, 2019

camohan , Jun 14, 2019 :
    Hey Carlos, OnePlus as a Company is represented by the devices and product it releases.

Neither me or you know other aspects of the company in terms of its administrative procedures, handling of accounts, Human Resources policies, etc. So it's is quiet obvious that the image of the company we have in the forum is primarily driven by the product.

Further, your thread starts with the same fact that you are disappointed with the OnePlus 7 Series which I believe is the device they released.

There after you started placing various aspects of the current series which they have not considered and which you expect OnePlus devices to have.

The objective of this thred is for the company to identify places they are going right (reasons to buy) and places were they are going off the way (reasons not to buy).

Your thread consists about the later part on what OnePlus should focus on the devices and were they are going wrong.

Later your thread diverts into the comparison with existing or future devices of other OEMs which is natural reasons to not consider the current devices.

The intention of merging the thread is to ensure all similar discussion happen at one place and it also helps provide users a right platform to communicate right things in a right way.

As important is the information it is equally important that they are communicated to right audience in right manner and at right time. Users have been provided this thread to discuss specific points precisely and the form is provided to ensure the information and feedbacks are channelised in the right direction so that right audience within OnePlus can read.

I believe your intention is to provide feedback and for that it doesn't matter if it's your own thread or others.

For the above reasons the thread is rightly merged as per forum rules. If you think this is not acceptable you may please report my closing post and other Moderator will look into it.

Cheers..