Why you dont need a screen protector

1. Owoturo Oluwatimi
    Froyo Jul 14, 2016

Owoturo Oluwatimi , Jul 14, 2016 :
    Many people usually buy screen protectors for their phones and sometimes i ask myself why. I understand you may want to protect your phone from accidental drops but for someone who hardly drops phones you don't need one. For me, screen protectors make my phone screen too oily and I hate it. My last phone had a Corning gorilla glass and the only reason it got a minor scratch was because sand got on it. That's really the only thing that can scratch my screen and dust. I really do not put keys in my pocket so I'm fine in that area. If you're like me, you don't need a screen protector. If you live in a very dusty area then get one :D

2. ritchiedrama
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 14, 2016

3. weedee
    Gingerbread Jul 14, 2016

weedee , Jul 14, 2016 :
    Without a screen protector, you can't escape from those fine scratches on the screen. This makes you lose your money when trying to sell the phone. 50 bucks more or less? YMMV. For me, I do escape from the glaring screen, too, while using matte protectors.

4. osama4231
    Donut Jul 14, 2016

5. sfomin
    Nougat Jul 14, 2016

sfomin , Jul 14, 2016 :
    I use my phone without a screen protector and case. Its a phone after all, pay some $ and get a new one if anything.

6. Gamm86
    Jelly Bean Jul 14, 2016

Gamm86 , Jul 14, 2016 :
    I never used a screen protector on any of my OP phones. (or any other smartphone that is)
    They are in my pocket all day long, sometimes even accidentally with a key or lighter and I've never had any scratches whatsoever.

Imo, screen protectors are all about marketing. If you drop your phone, chances are big your screen will crack regardless if you use a protector or not.

7. yery
    Donut Jul 14, 2016

yery , Jul 14, 2016 :
    I agree with you, but then you should change the title of this thread to "Why you don't need a screen protector IF YOU DON'T LIVE NEAR IN A DUSTY PLACE". Because, believe me, I removed the screen protector from my OPO 2 months ago (it got broken and I decided not to replace, as I wanted to upgrade my phone) and now it's full of scratches.

And "being careful" is not an option: when you spend lot of your time near a beach it's completely impossible to avoid sand, no matter where you keep the phone.

weedee likes this.
  8. NaterTots
    Jelly Bean Jul 14, 2016

NaterTots , Jul 14, 2016 :
    If you don't want one don't buy one.

But what works for one person doesn't always work for others.

Pointless thread.

And I've a pointless post. ;)

daneoleary likes this.
  9. ritchiedrama

ritchiedrama , Jul 14, 2016 :
    tempered glass has saved many peoples phones.

10. grk007
    Honeycomb Jul 14, 2016

grk007 , Jul 14, 2016 :
    The minor scratches without a screen guard are permanent.. Minor scratches with screen guard are temporary ..just peel it and stick a new one..whoa .. my screen is damn new.. enjoy the new screen then n there..:D:D

11. Mydealz

Mydealz , Jul 14, 2016 :
    I remeber the day when my OPO fell flat screen first on rough concrete...my screen protector saved me from getting a new display. Or the day that I scratched my nexus 7 very, very badly with some sharp object in my backpack...it looks like the screen is broken, because the protector took long and deep scratches, but I know that when I peel away the tempered glass protector it will be unharmed.
    Sigh.
    Those were the days...

12. karim kalschoven
    Gingerbread Jul 14, 2016

13. knightmare69
    Eclair Jul 14, 2016

knightmare69 , Jul 14, 2016 :
    I can say from experience that accidents happen and at those times, the screen protector has taken the damage rather than the actual phone screen. I think the OP isn't entirely incorrect but most people wouls rather replace a $20 tempered glass screen protector than the few hundred, possibly more actual phone screen. It's not always about the risk of scratches.

14. Mydealz

Mydealz , Jul 14, 2016 :
    Who precisely are you talking to?

15. karim kalschoven
    Gingerbread Jul 14, 2016

16. Jamesst20
    Jelly Bean Jul 14, 2016