[Submitted] Wi-Fi Calling does not resume after leaving range of wifi network and returning

1. mxc0bbn Donut May 23, 2019

mxc0bbn, May 23, 2019 :
    Power on device. Connect to Wi-Fi network. Enable Wi-Fi Calling. Toggle Wi-Fi preferred. Wait for Wi-Fi Calling to be established. Move away from the range of the Wi-Fi network. Allow the phone to connect to the carrier's network without an existing Wi-Fi connection. Move back within range of the Wi-Fi network.

2. mvb123 Cupcake May 31, 2019

mvb123, May 31, 2019 :
    I have the same problem. It's not my network, as wi-fi calling worked perfectly on my OnePlus 6. Very frustrating as I have to use wi-fi calling at my home, so phone is useless for voice without it. I downloaded latest software update, and it improved camera some (still a huge disappointment), but did nothing to fix the wi-fi calling issue.

3. Tperkins Cupcake Jun 2, 2019

4. sbasu101 Cupcake Jun 4, 2019

sbasu101, Jun 4, 2019 :
    Device will show "T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling" but I don't hear the other party when placing or receiving the call. The only fix seems to be restarting the device. After this, when you disconnect from a given network and re-connect later, the problem resurfaces.

5. ByrdSan Eclair Jun 4, 2019

6. ByrdSan Eclair Jun 4, 2019

ByrdSan, Jun 4, 2019 :
    I also noticed that if I go in airplane mode and enabled WiFi or change the Preferred Network Type under "SIM & Network settings" to "2G/3G Automatic", WiFi Calling works with no issues and persists.

Maybe it has something to do with LTE?

pmtech likes this.
  7. pmtech Donut Jun 5, 2019

pmtech, Jun 5, 2019 :
    My T-Mobile OnePlus7Pro does this too. It does it without leaving the WiFi range. I have airplane mode on, WiFi on, WiFi calling on. I am on Oxygen OS build number 9.5.6.GM31CB.

8. mvb123 Cupcake Jun 10, 2019

mvb123, Jun 10, 2019 :
    This is unbelievable..still no WiFi fix .. super disappointed in OnePlus 7 after such a great OnePlus 6 experience. Hey, it's great your fixing the camera, but my phone doesn't work to make a call! I'm losing business and customers. One minute it's working, then I'm on a call and people can't hear me as it's dropped the Wi-Fi connection and connected to WAN. I'm going to have to send the phone back for a refund, or deny my credit card payment (out of their 7 day trial period) if this isn't fixed soon.

9. pmtech Donut Jun 10, 2019

pmtech, Jun 10, 2019 :
    Turning off LTE works for me too. It still disconnected once over the last few days, but that's much better than the frequent disconnects with LTE on. I missed some calls as well, and now I'm constantly checking the phone to see if it's working. Very annoying bug.

Edit: Not sure if it matters, but I forgot to mention that I turn airplane mode on after disabling LTE.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019

10. mvb123 Cupcake Jun 11, 2019

mvb123, Jun 11, 2019 :
    This is unbelievable..still no WiFi fix .. super disappointed in OnePlus 7 after such a great OnePlus 6 experience. Hey, it's great your fixing the camera, but my phone doesn't work to make a call! I'm losing businedd I'm going to have to send the phone back for a refund, or deny my credit card payment (out of their 7 day trial period) if this isn't fixed soon.

11. pmtech Donut Jun 19, 2019

pmtech, Jun 19, 2019 :
    Forget what I said. turning off LTE didn't solve the problem. it does seem to stay connected longer, but it still disconnects eventually.

12. AZLeatherneck Eclair Jun 26, 2019

AZLeatherneck, Jun 26, 2019 :
    Same issue, please update us on this. It is a big problem. When I am running the TMO rom it doesnt seem to have this issue but the camera SUCKS on TMO rom