Wi-Fi calling on Three 3 UK not working

1. fazerboy0_3
    Honeycomb Aug 12, 2020

fazerboy0_3 , Aug 12, 2020 :
    Wi-Fi calling on Three uk no working I can get the settings up in the sim & network and it's set to on. But it never shows the icon nor does it state on Screen that WiFi calling is active. Anyone else have this problem my OP5 is fine with WiFi 🤙🏻 calling on that works fine.. Same sim..

2. OnePlus_Robot
    Froyo Aug 12, 2020

OnePlus_Robot , Aug 12, 2020 :
    It will show on dialer itself when you call :)

3. Darkmatter2000
    Gingerbread Aug 12, 2020

Darkmatter2000 , Aug 12, 2020 :
    Seems to be working fine for me. I didn't do anything, it just worked out of the box. We do live in a poor reception area though, so usually don't have a mobile signal at all when indoors.

OnePlus_Robot likes this.
  4. HenryJ49
    Honeycomb Aug 12, 2020

HenryJ49 , Aug 12, 2020 :
    I'm on ID Mobile and it uses the Three network.
    I live in an area with poor reception and rely on wi-fi calling for calls and texts.
    When I'm at home I turn on airplane mode - to save the phone and battery trying to connect - relying on wi-fi calling.
    Fortunately wi-fi calling is working fine.
    When I turn off airplane mode, wi-fi calling activates when the phone signal is low. Occasionally I get a phone signal with 2 bars and wi-fi calling is no longer active.
    So wi-fi calling is working as expected on Three network

OnePlus_Robot likes this.
  5. Abdul B.
    OxygenOS Operations Staff Member Aug 12, 2020

Abdul B. , Aug 12, 2020 :
    We would like to investigate this further, please check the direct message, have shared the logging steps.
    Thanks

6. fazerboy0_3
    Honeycomb Aug 12, 2020

Seems. To. Work correctly if airplane mode on. May be it will only trigger wifi calling when mobile reception 📶 is below a certain percentage. Thanks for that 👍🏻

7. fazerboy0_3
    Honeycomb Aug 12, 2020

Works fine if airplane mode is on is this the correct mode of operation or should Wi-Fi calling operate even if mobile data is at full that say or is there a certain percentage mobile reception drops to before that it will come on before it goes to Wi-Fi calling

8. chistery
    Honeycomb Aug 12, 2020

9. HenryJ49
    Honeycomb Aug 12, 2020

HenryJ49 , Aug 12, 2020 :
    Update
    Wi-fi calling isn't fully working.
    I can make outgoing calls and receive calls BUT in all cases I can hear the other person but they cannot hear me.
    So wi-fi calling isn't working on the Three network.

10. fazerboy0_3
    Honeycomb Aug 12, 2020

Coupd be Three network at present voice and Internet down check downtime decor Web page

11. A big sword
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Aug 13, 2020

A big sword , Aug 13, 2020 :
    Hi guys
    you can contacts oneplus team and provide the logs ,the engineer will check it and resloved

12. HenryJ49
    Honeycomb Aug 21, 2020

HenryJ49 , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 21, 2020 :
    Update 2
    I've tried wi-fi calling on a different wi-fi network and it's all working fine on Three.
    My previous update stated I had an issue where the other person couldn't hear me. Since this isn't an issue on another wi-fi, then it probably is a problem with my home router.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020