Network/Connectivity Wi-Fi Calling

1. Roshan Rajesh
    Cupcake May 27, 2019

Roshan Rajesh , May 27, 2019 :
    Can we see a software update where OnePlus devices in the USA can support Wi-Fi Calling for AT&T & Verizon Wireless because as of right now theese two carriers do not support Wi-Fi Calling. The only carrier that supports Wi-Fi Calling on OnePlus devices in the USA is T-Mobile. I hope this helps.

Natebird and F1558063743773 like this.
  2. JoseReyes69
    Gingerbread May 28, 2019

JoseReyes69 , May 28, 2019 :
    I have the US unlock Oneplus 7 pro with T Mobile service. My issue is that the phone does not automatically switch to Wifi Calling when connecting to my home network. The only way to get it to connect is rebooting. I have no issues with my Galaxy S10+ Unlocked.

3. L1559773356239
    Cupcake Jun 5, 2019

L1559773356239 , Jun 5, 2019 :
    Is there any confirmed status of wifi calling with the OP7P? Ist it possible? Does it depend on the region? Or the carrier? If not availible, will it come?

4. G_Todd_McLaughlin_OSQV
    Gingerbread Jun 6, 2019

G_Todd_McLaughlin_OSQV , Jun 6, 2019 :
    I too have an unlocked 12 - 256 on the T- Mobile network and my phone is auto alternating between data and Wifi when I leave the house and return. No issues here. I do know that OnePlus has stated publicly that they are fully certified with Verizon, but no statement regarding AT&T

5. L1559773356239
    Cupcake Jun 6, 2019

L1559773356239 , Jun 6, 2019 :
    I did some more testing and its is working in Germany with an O2 but not with my vodafone Sim. Both work with ma Huawei P20 pro.
    Did anyone get it to work with vodafone?

6. frankblock
    Cupcake Jun 6, 2019

frankblock , Jun 6, 2019 :
    99% certain this is a carrier issue with both AT&T and Verizon. Neither AT&T or Verizon will allow wifi calling on their network unless you use a device that they sell. Yes, its a dirty secret...both AT&T and Verizon restrict certain features to only devices they prefer. I went through this with my OP6 on AT&T and i talked to 3 different tech support people and they were dumbfounded by this. Switched to TMobile MVNO and had no problems. If you absolutely have to have wifi calling on AT&T or Verizon, best bet is to use Hangouts Dialer in combination with Google Voice

7. frankblock
    Cupcake Jun 6, 2019

frankblock , Jun 6, 2019 :

Also, currently using a Verizon MVNO on a Moto X4 while i wait for OP7pro to be delivered... Verizon will not allow wifi calling for MVNO either...even though Moto X4 is a preferred device by Verizon. To get wifi calling on verizon you essentially must use a device they prefer and have a post-paid plan with verizon

8. jeremyhass
    Gingerbread Jun 6, 2019

jeremyhass , Jun 6, 2019 :
    Actually the pixel 3a XL and the Pixel 3XL do actually have wifi calling with ATT, I actually have the Pixel 3XL and wifi calling and VOLTE work perfectly fine with ATT, I do have 7 pro on order and suppose to ship next monday or tuesday and I'm still on the fence, should just cancel my order and keep using my Pixel 3XL or go back to my OP6 red. still undecided lol

9. N1562897741993
    Cupcake Jul 28, 2019

N1562897741993 , Jul 28, 2019 :
    I have been very frustrated, dealing with this issue with the OnePlus 6t on Verizon's Network. So I got to looking into other options as to how I could get Wi-Fi calling. The best thing that I could come up with was getting a Google Voice number and then having that forwarded to my phone, I could then at least make calls and give someone that number if they needed to get a hold of me. And then if you use the message+ app you can text over Wi-Fi. So between these two things I feel like I at least have some communication even if I don't have signal