Widevine L3 issue solved (Screenshot attached) via OnePlus 8

1. This_is_varshney
    Froyo Mar 3, 2021

This_is_varshney , via OnePlus 8 , Mar 3, 2021 :
    I visited the service centre today to get my widevine back to L1.

It took them less than 2 minutes to update the widevine certificate.

People who are facing the same can surely visit the service centre and get it upgraded.

Just wishing that it doesn't get downgraded in the next update.
    1614765595378.jpg

2. Cpt__JARI
    Cupcake Mar 3, 2021

This_is_varshney likes this.
  3. This_is_varshney
    Froyo Mar 3, 2021

This_is_varshney , via OnePlus 8 , Mar 3, 2021 :
    They asked me to back-up my data, i refused and asked them for the odds of data getting wiped. They told me data is never wiped on purpose for this but if things go south, they will need to flash the software again and that will mean data loss. So back-up is advised. I took the risk and they just took my device with them inside. Brought it back in 120 seconds. It was L1.

NurullahSaeem likes this.
  4. NurullahSaeem
    Eclair Mar 7, 2021

5. SyamRamesh
    Cupcake Mar 8, 2021

SyamRamesh , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Mar 8, 2021 :
    Today i visited a authorised service centre . And they said that they don't know what to do. And also told me to wait for the next update my be it will get fixed .!! Nice customer service OnePlus !!

6. AnthraxBaby
    Cupcake Mar 10, 2021

7. Bruno Lugnani
    Honeycomb Mar 20, 2021

Bruno Lugnani , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Mar 20, 2021 :
    After 1 week waiting for a serious reply from One Plus Support I've rcvd yesterday this astonishing reply: WideVine certification is a key in the android smartphone which is required to view HD videos from Amazon Prime, Netflix HD, which we don't have in our models but after customer's request now our developers developed a tool to write that key in all our OnePlus devices manually (only in ESC's) because of security reasons we cannot update through OTA.
    We would request you to kindly visit the service centre for the issue.
    Thank you and have a nice day!Sorry OnePlus but you're now obliging me to change brand,Yr service must be kicked off entirely being un capable of solving these bugs and replaced by entirely new engineers and directors! Bye One Plus I am obliged to look for other brands now. I am tired of these stupid replies

tomerrr likes this.