Wifi 5gHz band is not detecting by OnePlus 6 via OnePlus 6 Mirror Black

1. Pulak Majumder , via OnePlus 6 Mirror Black , Jul 16, 2020 :
    I am unable to detect any 5g wifi band i also tried it by changing channel also but it could not detect. on the other hand the 5g band is detected by by my laptop and also Xiaomi Redmi note 8 and other phone can detect the 5g band and can use the network also.
    How to solve this problem???

1. My two band names are different.
    2. I reset the the wifi settings..

2. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Jul 16, 2020

Pulak Majumder and Tobikage like this.

4. Caomhin
    Lollipop Jul 16, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 16, 2020 :
    Reset your WiFi adapter, see if that helps.

Settings, System, Reset Options, Reset WiFi Mobile Bluetooth.

If your router is capable of 2.4ghz and 5ghz make sure the SSID Name for each is different, you can edit the SSID Name on the Router Admin page.

Also check your router broadcast channels for interference, change them to other channels if you find a nearby router broadcasting on the same channel as yours.

Use a WiFi analyzer to check.

I use this one from the Playstore to check for nearby routers using the same channel as me, and I switch my channel on the router to suit.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vrem.wifianalyzer

Also a suggestion here for 8 Series but some of the suggestions may crossover to 6 series and others.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/my-findings-of-the-5-ghz-wifi-connection-issue.1221263/

5. Pulak Majumder , via OnePlus 6 Mirror Black , Jul 16, 2020 :
    1. I tried wifi analyzer app in this phone but it can't detect the signal of 5GHz how it will analyse this???
    It doesn't show any Signal of 5GHz but on the other hand when i use the app on other phone it can analyze.
    2. actually i tried the steps that you gave on the other link but it doesn't gave me any result.

Caomhin likes this.
  6. Caomhin
    Lollipop Jul 16, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 16, 2020 :
    Had a similar issue myself a while back a couple of times, in one instance my neighbours WiFi was crossing mine on the same channel, so I went into the Router settings and changed the 5ghz channel.

Another time I found that if 2.4ghz WiFi is set to above Channel 11 on the router that 5ghz could not be found at all. The 2.4ghz was at 12.

So I changed the 2.4ghz channel to below 11 and after couple of mins the phone could pick up the 5ghz no problem.

So use your other phone to scan for channel overlap with neighbours, and also change 2.4Ghz channel to bellow channel 11 but away from any neighbours using the same channel.

7. Pulak Majumder , via OnePlus 6 Mirror Black , Jul 17, 2020 :
    My 2.4 GHz band chanel are below 10 which is actually 8 and my 5 GHz band is 48. But even now it's not detecting the 5 GHz band.
    And around me there are only one wifi of my neighbor but it's network rarely reach to me. So i think there is very little possibilities to overlap with my chanel.

Caomhin likes this.
  8. Caomhin
    Lollipop Jul 17, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 17, 2020 :
    The only other thing I could suggest, would be to back up your phone data, then do a Full factory Erase All Data reset. And see if that can help.

And/Or contact OnePlus support directly to see if they have more information on your issue. Scroll down the page for contact and online chat details.

https://www.oneplus.com/support

The1Lion likes this.