WiFi 6 in OnePlus 7 Pro

1. matkosek
    Eclair Apr 1, 2020

matkosek , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 1, 2020 :
    @chiranmay fanboys like you will always find their own reality and facts to prove your version...

danvxz likes this.
  2. danvxz
    Honeycomb Apr 1, 2020

danvxz , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Apr 1, 2020 :
    you're embarrassing please.

OnePlus has added all the necessary hardware to support Wifi 6, And OnePlus said they might add support later on.

end of discussion

3. chiranmay
    Donut Apr 7, 2020

chiranmay , via OnePlus 7 , Apr 7, 2020 :
    let's see when and how an OTA can change the way networks work. I would request you to go through WiFi standards and their communication dependencies. You may find those on Qualcomm's official site. Actually I'm being taught to become a full fledged network engineer. What I have learnt throughout my career doesn't support your statements. There are differences between a compatible hardware and a supported hardware.

4. Liehjan
    Lollipop Apr 7, 2020

Liehjan , Apr 7, 2020 :
    Thank's for this information, learned a lot by reading your links!:)

5. SeaRefractor
    Gingerbread Apr 7, 2020

SeaRefractor , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Apr 7, 2020 :
    certification is provided by the governing body of that country. Like the FCC in the US. OnePlus has to provide a new request to the FCC for that device along with a new fee. I guess the question is, how does adding it bring "new" revenue to OnePlus?

You got what was advertised.

6. danvxz
    Honeycomb Apr 7, 2020

danvxz , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Apr 7, 2020 :
    but the hardware is compatible.

a firmware update can easily enable it

7. danvxz
    Honeycomb Apr 7, 2020

danvxz , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Apr 7, 2020 :
    https://www.gizmochina.com/2020/03/...oon-support-wifi-6-possibly-via-a-future-ota/

https://www.androidauthority.com/qualcomm-fastconnect-1022505/

Qualcomm has said it's hardware present but it's disabled due whatever license issues

8. chiranmay
    Donut Apr 13, 2020

chiranmay , via OnePlus 7 , Apr 13, 2020 :
    Ok! Btw Qualcomm has never officially admitted or announced this kind of statements, if they had then it would have been available as a statement on their official website or dev channel.

Fastconnect is just a marketing term. Just as Qualcomm Quick Charging and Power Delivery are two terms or two technologies with a same agenda. QC chips are licensed by Qualcomm and PD chips are licensed by USB Org.

Fastconnect is a micro chip which contains some hardwares to support wireless connectivity in a device processed by Qualcomm processors.

refer to the following page...

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/fastconnect-6200

I repeat, if fastconnect chip was present in OP7 pro, then the devs would have left with no choice but to use the Qualcomm Fastconnect firmware in order to enable wireless networking.
    Drivers were supposed to be integrated accordingly.

Their are some proprietary drivers available for custom OS but in order to commercialize an OS, OEM certified drivers have to be used.

Whatever, let's see how OP manages to bring dedicated ax support in OP7 pro.

It may be compatible with WiFi 6 but there is a big difference between the words 'compatible' & 'supported' .

9. saikiran4ever
    Jelly Bean Apr 28, 2020

saikiran4ever , Apr 28, 2020 :
    Your explanation sounds correct to me.
    People are going only by the news articles that say that a user received some information over chat from Oneplus customer care about wifi 6 support through software update.

10. PlusUn
    Eclair Apr 29, 2020

11. @sivan
    Eclair Apr 29, 2020

@sivan , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 29, 2020 :
    we will put wifi 6 router dont be stupid answers..

12. porter_sc
    Froyo May 25, 2020

porter_sc , May 25, 2020 :
    hello and how will the wifi 6 issue be updated or we need to change phone to newer model ?

13. kKoI1233
    Gingerbread May 29, 2020 at 4:40 PM

14. Liehjan
    Lollipop May 29, 2020 at 4:44 PM

Liehjan , May 29, 2020 at 4:44 PM :
    Haven't seen any recent news about this... So if it's coming it's not in upcoming OTA's as nothing about this is mentioned in any open beta thread.

Artemus. likes this.