Wifi and Internet instability via OnePlus 6T

1. SayanRakshit13
    Cupcake Feb 23, 2020

SayanRakshit13 , via OnePlus 6T , Feb 23, 2020 :
    1. On 10.3.1 version i am really facing Wifi and data instability issues.It takes times to connect with the saved network several times.
    2. Secondly Wifi and data connection slows down anonymously while the connection strength is good enough to handle other app like Facebook and YouTube. Most of the time Facebook videos are buffering and it is really frustrating for me.For YouTube it was okay but recently YouTube also behaving weird with the network issue.
    3.App freezes on its own this is not something about the app as from my experience but it is something with the lastest upgrade of the software.

2. Mr.Steve
    Gingerbread Feb 23, 2020

Mr.Steve , via OnePlus 6 , Feb 23, 2020 :
    Have you tried formatting your mobile ??

Coz android 10 is a huge update , many temporary bugs arised and many of them got solved after a formatting !!

SayanRakshit13, drl431 and Kytharsis like this.
  3. DrJMun
    KitKat Feb 24, 2020

DrJMun , Feb 24, 2020 :
    Have you tried resetting your network connections:
    Settings-> reset options -> reset wifi, mobile & bluetooth

SayanRakshit13 and drl431 like this.
  4. SayanRakshit13 , via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black , Feb 24, 2020 :
    Nope , I haven't tried formatting my device because i am very keen to keep my phone a minimal setup. I use very less apps. I tried several ways to figure it out how android 10 bugs generate by itself is it because of some 3rd party apps or is it about its internal management.

6. Mr.Steve
    Gingerbread Feb 24, 2020

Mr.Steve , via OnePlus 6 , Feb 24, 2020 :
    Some bugs come along with the updates , some bugs are caused by the old files & caches ,thats why formatting is recommended after huge updates. It does gives a fresh start , try & see it

7. WinnyPuh
    Donut Feb 25, 2020

WinnyPuh , Feb 25, 2020 :
    I think we're talking about the same problem.
    All network connections (WiFi and cellular) "reset" with me. I have observed that this problem occurs mainly when I switch between two access points with the same SSID.
    Factory Reset did not help. Problem occurs under stable and open beta.

I once made a screen recording of it:

SayanRakshit13 likes this.
  8. DrJMun
    KitKat Feb 25, 2020

DrJMun , Feb 25, 2020 :
    OK, here's an obvious one...try changing the one of the names of the AP with the same SSID.

9. WinnyPuh
    Donut Feb 25, 2020

WinnyPuh , Feb 25, 2020 :
    But that's not the point. For a clean handover (meshed network with handover support) the SSID must be the same. No other devices have a problem with it, only the Oneplus behaves like this.

SayanRakshit13 and Mr.Steve like this.
  10. Mr.Steve
    Gingerbread Feb 26, 2020

Mr.Steve , via OnePlus 6 Mirror Black , Feb 26, 2020 :
    As a oneplus user , i have to accept this !!
    I have experienced too

11. WinnyPuh
    Donut Feb 26, 2020

WinnyPuh , via OnePlus 6 , Feb 26, 2020 :
    i don't think, this is an acceptable bug [e]1f614[/e] Wi-Fi usage @home is very frustrating and nerly impossible in my case. Worst thing is that the cellular connection, therefor also phonecalls are getting disconnected when this error occurs.