Wifi & Bluetooth problems

1. Adrenicide
    Cupcake Nov 1, 2020

Adrenicide , Nov 1, 2020 :
    Hello;
    I've been using my oneplus 7 Pro for a year now and happy with it but I noticed a very annoying problem.
    Whenever I connect to Bluetooth speakers my wifi begins to lag and freeze making it impossible to playback streaming audio. If I switch to 4G it works fine, so problem only appears while using wifi and Bluetooth same time.
    Most annoying thing is that I wanted to order buds Z but no I'm not sure they will properly with wifi on.

Any suggestions/fixes are appreciated,
    Thanks in advance

2. Adrenicide
    Cupcake Nov 24, 2020

Best Answer
    Adrenicide , Nov 24, 2020 :
    Okay so far I tried all possible solutions I found over internet:
    Resetting network settings;
    Disabling automatic dns;
    Resetting phone completely;

Whenever Im on 4G everything works okay, whenever I connect to Wi-Fi half of my apps wont load anything. Spotify, some games. However, speedtest.net shows legit 48 mbit wifi speed.

Im totally confused and frustrated, looks like official OnePlus staff only promotes new phone models here.

3. Luarpc
    Gingerbread Nov 2, 2020

Luarpc , Nov 2, 2020 :
    Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth on your phone settings. (Reset Options)

4. Adrenicide
    Cupcake Nov 2, 2020

Adrenicide , Nov 2, 2020 :
    Hi,
    Thanks, I tried that first, also tried to go back to factory defaults, both didn't help

5. Siddhartha16
    Gingerbread Nov 2, 2020

6. J4t1np4r3kh
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Nov 2, 2020

J4t1np4r3kh , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 2, 2020 :
    Not exactly helping the guy here with his specific question now are we

7. Siddhartha16
    Gingerbread Nov 2, 2020

Siddhartha16 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 2, 2020 :
    Yeah, I'm sorry for digressing, but I'm so frustrated with these, that I tend to vent out at every discussion. My bad.
    But coming back to the point, the Buds Z have a connection problem if another Bluetooth device is connected. I have a Fossil Gen 5, and as long as the watch is connected to the phone, the Buds keep on stopping music, disconnecting calls at random.

Don't know whether that's a problem with Buds Z, or with the 7 Pro.

8. Siddhartha16
    Gingerbread Nov 2, 2020

Siddhartha16 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 2, 2020 :
    Being on a 2.4 Ghz Wifi may rarely interfere with Bluetooth connections, too.
    You can try another thing, go to Settings - WiFi & Internet - WiFi - WiFi Preferences - turn off the features one by one and see if it helps ( like "Scanning always available", etc)

9. Adrenicide
    Cupcake Nov 3, 2020

Adrenicide , Nov 3, 2020 :
    Thanks, I'll give it a try, actually Im surprised no one else had this issue.
    As for Bud Z, thanks for input, I was thinking about several models tho, just thought oneplus gear better works together. If its a WiFi problem no matter which one Ill have. My wife's 5T works perfect with same wifi router and Bluetooth speaker :/

10. Adrenicide
    Cupcake Nov 9, 2020

Adrenicide , Nov 9, 2020 :
    I bump this, nothing helped, Bluetooth audio works with 4G only, wifi fails to load anything.