Wifi Calling option?

1. hussainpilot
    Gingerbread Jan 2, 2015

jeffj318 likes this.
  2. jeffj318
    Gingerbread Jan 2, 2015

jeffj318 , Jan 2, 2015 :
    Very
    Very good info. Thanks. I had WiFi calling but around the house did not use it much. Landline works at home.

3. jeffj318
    Gingerbread Jan 2, 2015

jeffj318 , Jan 2, 2015 :
    Go to Tmo website. It will be at bottom of pre paid plans.

4. jeffj318
    Gingerbread Jan 2, 2015

jeffj318 , Jan 2, 2015 :
    [QwillUOTE="gmo8492, post: 1163165, member: 56169"]Use the Magic jack app, you get to keep your own number and use can wifi to make phone calls. It's absolutely free in the Google Play store.[/QUOTE]
    I will have to try this as I had WiFi calling with tmo before. Thanks.

5. sjketchen
    Honeycomb Jan 2, 2015

sjketchen , Jan 2, 2015 :
    Google Voice has an app, however it makes calls through your cellular voice service/minutes. To use your Google Voice phone number to make calls through WIFI instead you can download the Hangouts Dialer off of the Google Play Store. Then you can make unlimited free calls with your Google Voice phone number to the US and Canada from Hangouts over WIFI or 4G cellular data.

6. muchang
    Cupcake Jan 6, 2015

muchang , Jan 6, 2015 :
    Has anyone tried "Wi-Fi Calling and Messaging" app from Google Store? From the description it works just like Wi-Fi calling on stock T-mobile phones. Their website www.taqua.com claims T-mobile being one of their clients. They are also developing app for Wi-Fi calling over LTE. The only catch is that you need a "operator trial code." Not sure how to get the code. At least there is a hope for non-T-mobile phones. By the way, although Wi-Fi calling is built-in the OS on recent T-mobile phones, it was an app on older generation of T-mobile phones.

jasonf1984 and Toonz625 like this.
  7. rjamesparsons
    Cupcake Jan 7, 2015

rjamesparsons , Jan 7, 2015 :
    As this thread occurred earlier in 2014 does anyone have an update on when there will be either 1) WiFi support included within an android release or 2) T-mobile adding WiFi support for OPO via Play store? The latest that I'd previously heard on the OPO forum was that in Q1 2015 an android release is expected.

8. vdd65
    Jelly Bean Jan 7, 2015

vdd65 , Jan 7, 2015 :
    Look for Cel booster if you can get one.

9. iwilsker
    Froyo Jan 8, 2015

iwilsker , Jan 8, 2015 :

With some difficulty, I checked with TAQUA, and the "operator trial code" is only available on a very limited basis through or from cellular providers who are "beta testing" the service before purchasing it from TAQUA. T-Mobile support had never heard of it (as I was told when I called T-Mobile).

10. yoyotique
    Cupcake Mar 11, 2015

11. bjknight
    Froyo Mar 25, 2015

bjknight , Mar 25, 2015 :
    EE has announced its Wifi Calling as being included within the contracts on the S6 and Edge. But it is exclusive to them and the iPhone (when it goes live).

That said, with BT owning EE now, I am approaching the end of my EE contract and I am wondering how my negotiation is going to work. I am wanting to keep the OPO and switch to BT's nw 4G contract. No real negotiating power in that situation! lol

12. mark_07
    Gingerbread Apr 1, 2015

mark_07 , Apr 1, 2015 :
    I spoke to EE about this earlier, they said it'd never work with the OPO as it needs their own ROM and settings (carrier update) sent down by EE which they cannot do with the OPO ROM, so looks like we're out of luck, even if you could get them to activate it on your account.

13. hln1969
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 12, 2015

hln1969 , Apr 12, 2015 :
    Ah, that's a shame, my friends just got WiFi calls with EE on his iPhone. Shame Oneplus can't deliver

14. vot4pedro
    Froyo Apr 12, 2015

vot4pedro , Apr 12, 2015 :
    I've been using hangouts and dialer with the TMobile 5gb/100min plane for a while. The only negatives is the no support for group texting with your google voice number and you can't change the Google dialer ringtone. I hope this gets updated on the next hangouts/dialer update.

Call quality is just as good as on the voice network where I live.

15. DrJMun
    KitKat May 1, 2015

DrJMun , May 1, 2015 :
    I've been trying to use Hangouts Dialer on cellular and wifi. I can hear the person just fine,but they cannot hear me. works fine using skype. Tmobile user.

16. DrJMun
    KitKat May 3, 2015

DrJMun , May 3, 2015 :
    Cannot get Hangout Dialer to work properly. Person cannot hear me, but I can hear them. Skype and reg phone are OK. Stock CM12. I've tried rebooting and clearing cache.

17. VinayakHegdeKatte
    Cupcake May 29, 2015

VinayakHegdeKatte , May 29, 2015 :
    I am in the middle of this problem. I recently moved from India to USA and got Vonage for calling India. Now I have this issue of not being able to download the Vonage extension app from the play store. I get this prompt when I try to get the app. "This item isn't available in your country". Any help would be highly appreciated.

18. Zestysoft
    Cupcake Aug 4, 2015

Zestysoft , Aug 4, 2015 :
    We just switched from Verizon over to T-Mobile. A bunch of phones. The iPhones (5, 5s and 6 plus) can do wifi calling without any software from t-mobile, and they certainly weren't purchased from t-mobile (They were purchased from Apple). Settings -> General -> Phone -> Wi-Fi Calls -> Allow Wi-Fi Calls.

If the iPhones can do it, there shouldn't be any reason why the OPO cannot.

19. leanhnam220
    Cupcake Aug 4, 2015

20. doctortea
    Gingerbread Aug 4, 2015