Wifi disconnects with UniFi 6 Lite

1. sfwildt
    Cupcake Apr 12, 2021

sfwildt , Apr 12, 2021 :
    I am encountering random disconnects with UniFi 6 Lite AP's. Tried different channels but nothing seems to work? I have the OnePlus 9 Pro. With my previous OnePlus 7t I never had any problems. Also other devices are working fine.

2. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Apr 12, 2021

Tokolozi , Apr 12, 2021 :
    Check if you have randomized mac enabled. This doesn't always play well with AP's!

Caoimhín likes this.
  3. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 12, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Apr 12, 2021 :
    I assume you use it as a Mesh? Smart-Connect or separated SSID for 2.4 and 5GHz?
    Back on 8 series some needed to separate the SSID and some even disable AX (WIFI6).
    While this would not be optimal it can be worth checking.
    You could also check if they support WPA3. Some networks worked better with that on of some reason.

And of course report it via the feedback tool.

View attachment 1590642
    I've had some issues with both 7 Pro and 8 Pro on the network at work. It was fixed after reports.
    On 9 Pro no issues found yet.

Tokolozi likes this.
  4. sfwildt
    Cupcake Apr 12, 2021

sfwildt , Apr 12, 2021 :
    No, I have two AP's, both wired and mesh is not active. Also using different channels for both AP's and a single SSID. Both UniFi and OnePlus on the last soft/firmware versions.

Edit: saw only WPA2 was configured, so activated WPA3 as well. Let's see if that helps...

Edit2: randomized mac's was the first thing I disabled when I got the phone so that was not the problem.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021

5. MDMujtaba999
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Apr 13, 2021

MDMujtaba999 , Apr 13, 2021 :
    In order to investigate this further, please help us with the requested details. Please have a look in your inbox, we've sent a direct message. Awaiting for you to revert back.

Regards,
    Mujtaba

6. sfwildt
    Cupcake Apr 13, 2021

sfwildt , Apr 13, 2021 :
    Created a seperated WPA3 network but still the same problems. I will follow the instructions received in my inbox and keep an eye on this forum to see if more users are encountering these kind of problems.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021

7. Huigiebaby
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 14, 2021

Huigiebaby , Apr 14, 2021 :
    When I wake my phone and then when I disable en enable wifi again. 40 vs 300 mbit... Tp-link Deco. Culprit seemed to be the randomised mac address feature but it's not...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021

8. sfwildt
    Cupcake May 6, 2021

sfwildt , May 6, 2021 :
    Just to provide an update in this thread. Problem is still there and provided the logs to support.

When I put the extra created wifi network on 2.4 ghz only I don't notice any dropouts.