WiFi Dropping After Android 11 Update

1. Shane Raweewon
    Eclair Apr 14, 2021

Shane Raweewon , Apr 14, 2021 :
    Hello, after the Android 11 stable update - my WiFi keeps dropping periodically.

Previously, it was dropping after only a few seconds - so I did the Network Reset from System \ Reset Options \ "Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth", then restarted my phone and reconnected ONLY to a single WiFi network.

It appears this has helped somewhat, but my WiFi connection still drops over time (particularly if haven't use my phone in a while). I have to connect back manually each time this happens.

I initially suspected that this had something to do with the "battery saver" functionality since it only happens when I haven't used my phone for an extended period of time, but I don't see any setting that would be associated to this.

Thanks in advance!

TA4S and Fatih Aşkın like this.
  2. Shane Raweewon
    Eclair Apr 14, 2021

Shane Raweewon , Apr 14, 2021 :
    For some background, I have actually owned this phone since 4/17/2020 (just about a year now) - and have never encountered this problem before.

I have had no change to my network, and this issue began immediately after I completed the Android 11 update.

3. megatomic
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 14, 2021

megatomic , Apr 14, 2021 :
    T-Mobile or unlocked 7T? I haven't installed the update yet on my T-Mobile 7T so I have no advice based on direct experience here. BUT... sometimes after a major OS update you have to factory reset due to odd bugs. I'm kind of anticipating doing the factory reset on my device just for good measure, this will be later tonight after I get to apply the update.

4. Shane Raweewon
    Eclair Apr 14, 2021

Shane Raweewon , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 14, 2021 :
    Hi there! I have the unlocked 7T (purchased directly from OnePlus)

5. Sam197
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 15, 2021

Sam197 , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 15, 2021 :
    You be done a good thing to reset the WiFi network,but add on that,if your router support 2 channels like 5 and 2.4,try to connect to one of them ,this way you ll have stability in your phone.

6. Shane Raweewon
    Eclair Apr 15, 2021

Shane Raweewon , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 15, 2021 :
    Thank you for your reply Sam! Yes I had saw the same from another post, and had done the same so that I am only connected to one channel - but unfortunately the same results where it will disconnect over time.

7. Sam197
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 15, 2021

Sam197 , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 15, 2021 :
    I see,either you wait for the next update hoping I ll fix this issue or factory reset, which is highly recommended after major update.
    Good luck