Wifi issue on Oneplus 7 on Android 11 via OnePlus 7

1. sptripathii
    Eclair Apr 18, 2021

sptripathii , via OnePlus 7 , Apr 18, 2021 :
    Team

For last 15 Days and I'm frustrated with the Wi-Fi on my phone. I I'm using Oneplus series phone for last 6 year but have never faced such issues.

I have been facing this repeated disconnection on my wifi since the last os update esp last few days. I have tried everything like clearing Wi-Fi cache, wiping cache from volume+power button, factory resetting but of no use.

I'm really frustrated as without Wi-Fi no use of having smartphone.
    Please help me quickly.

2. gdsingh94
    Jelly Bean Apr 18, 2021

Artemus. likes this.
  3. sptripathii
    Eclair Apr 18, 2021

sptripathii , Apr 18, 2021 :
    I have already replied on existing threads but of no use. Also as i mentioned above i have already tried all the possible reset options. Please suggest proper solution.

NoFate_NoFear and ryhold like this.
  4. Kamal Chowdhury
    Froyo Apr 19, 2021

Kamal Chowdhury , via OnePlus 7 , Apr 19, 2021 :
    Thanks for raising this issue. Having the same problem with my OP7 (GM1901) after updating it Android 11. Phone was working fine before the update. Tried resetting everything except the factory reset which I really don't want to do. I am frustrated since there is no real solution offered by oneplus team. Created another thread just to draw their attention

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021

5. Kamal Chowdhury
    Froyo Apr 19, 2021

Kamal Chowdhury , via OnePlus 7 , Apr 19, 2021 :
    Did it already, but still having the same problem. Wi-Fi getting disconnected every now and then

6. Sandeep Poddar
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 19, 2021

Sandeep Poddar , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 19, 2021 :
    U might be using jio fiber I guess and if not then two wifi connection at the same place might exist. The workable option for now is to forget one connection. I have a Jio fiber connection and wifi disconnection was happening very frequently. I forgot one of the network and just connected to one now. Working fine as of now.

7. sptripathii
    Eclair Apr 19, 2021

sptripathii , via OnePlus 7 , Apr 19, 2021 :
    I don't know how it could be related to Jio fiber. By the way I'm using Airtel fiber and the issue has nothing to do with ISP. it's purely oxygen issue and I will be surprised if @OnePlus can fix this soon.

Kamal Chowdhury likes this.
  8. Artemus.
    Community Hero 2020 Apr 19, 2021

9. Kamal Chowdhury
    Froyo Apr 20, 2021

10. gikkka
    Gingerbread Apr 20, 2021

gikkka , Apr 20, 2021 :
    I'm pretty sure the phone isn't the problem. By default, the router has a limit on the number of IP addresses allocated and the reservation time for the device. For example, a router has a limit on the address pool of 50, and the reservation time for a device is 6 hours, which means that when 50 IP addresses have already been issued, 51 devices will not receive an IP until it becomes free. And now smartphones use a new mac address every time they connect, so the router tries to give them a new ip. What happens, you connected to the network 1 time, got an ip and a mac for 6 hours, went for a smoke, left the wifi zone, came back and connected again, but got a new ip and mac, and the old one hangs in the router for 6 hours, this is how the entire pool of IP addresses issued by the router is clogged. To fix this, you need to expand the number of issued IPs to 200-300 in the router settings and set the registration time to about 1 hour so that they do not get stuck.
    I did all this at my work, as I began to notice that many computers and phones could not connect to the network. I saw my phone with five different ip and mac addresses, and the same number of registrations of one person's iPhones were hanging somewhere.

Kamal Chowdhury likes this.
  11. sptripathii
    Eclair May 2, 2021 at 8:35 PM

12. amber.bhardwaj1
    Cupcake May 2, 2021 at 9:05 PM

amber.bhardwaj1 , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Gray , May 2, 2021 at 9:05 PM :
    This issue I'm facing on my Oneplus 7. I tried to contact the internet provider so they came and check everything but we both didn't find anything. So what i did:

1. Check other mobile phones like motorola, oneplus 5t, oneplus 6, Redmi 9 pro max, Realme XT but none of them have this issue. I checked parallelly.

2. I tried all kind of default solutions with phone like reset but not resolved.

3. i tried to increase the Ips in router also but still same issue.

--__-----------------
    Temporary Fix
    ----------------------

It's been 3+ hours my WiFi is stable and now, it's not disconnecting so to do this temporary fix i disabled the "Intelligently Select the Best Wifi" feature.

Note:
    i have both 2G and 5G wifi connection and have latest Archer A5 router.

13. Gnanendra C Kotha
    Cupcake May 3, 2021 at 5:39 AM

14. O1580681268050
    Cupcake May 4, 2021 at 10:12 PM