Wifi issues on OnePlus 6

1. MarkMessinger
    Froyo Jun 3, 2018

MarkMessinger , Jun 3, 2018 :
    I'm getting tired of rebooting, rejiggering settings, switching to airplane mode and back again, and having to 'forget' and reset individual wifi connections. No problems, with the OnePlus 5, but day in and day out problems, since I moved to the OnePlus 6.

Some apps appear not to be connecting smoothly, because of the phone's failure to connect or maintain a wifi connection.

This behavior really hurts, on a mobile device.

There's a lot of spastic, intermittent flickering going on, to the right side of the notch. Connections coming and changing, maybe?

But I haven't seen a lot of messages, on this forum (but the mobile app's search capabilities are not robust). I'd be interested in hearing what steps other users are taking, to configure their new device to connect to their normal wifi access points.

I'd also like to hear about experiences with the Smart Wi-Fi Switcher setting and some of the wifi-related settings under Developer Options.

Thanks.

And thanks for replying with any link to prior solutions already posted to this group.

F1528030185505 likes this.
  2. F1528030185505
    Cupcake Jun 3, 2018

3. uvankarthik
    Gingerbread Jun 4, 2018

uvankarthik , Jun 4, 2018 :
    I'm also having same problem. trying to find solution in YouTube. if can anyone help me ??

4. the_o2
    Marshmallow Jun 4, 2018

the_o2 , Jun 4, 2018 :
    It's looks like a bug report this here
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback

For there developers should know your problem and help you..

uvankarthik likes this.
  5. MarkMessinger
    Froyo Jun 5, 2018

MarkMessinger , Jun 5, 2018 :
    I think, perhaps, I have resolved my issues with my OnePlus 6.

I transferred all apps and settings, from a OnePlus 5 to the OP6. Somehow I often feel I should instead reinstall and reconfigure the new device, fresh.

Along with the apps that transferred came obe called "WiFi Prioritizer". It's possible this app was responsible for the flickering of status indicators, to the right of the notch.

I uninstalled WiFi Prioritizer, forgot and allowed to reconnect to all the normal access points I encounter during my day, and flushed the OP6's cache. I enabled the advanced wifi settings for Smart wifi switcher.

During today the OP6 appears to have smoothly connected between wifi access points, mobile data, and retail locations (with their wifi login pages). These transitions have been much smoother today, than in prior days.

Applications on my phone are also responding as though they are connecting more smoothly than in prior days. Notifications are coming at the pace I'd expect.

If this experience is repeated another day, I'll likely notify OP Support that I have no useful logs - logs that capture onerous behavior - to provide them.

the_o2 likes this.
  6. the_o2
    Marshmallow Jun 5, 2018

the_o2 , Jun 5, 2018 :
    Glad to see that you resolved this issue, hope it doesn't come back, yes you can call for OnePlus support for sure ..

7. alb-14
    Cupcake Oct 24, 2018

8. E1542872056687
    Cupcake Nov 30, 2018

E1542872056687 , Nov 30, 2018 :
    I'm using one plus 6.. from last 15days when wifi is connected what's App is working and in Mobile data it is working fine... How to fix this?? Kindly let me know..

9. deangilvin
    Jelly Bean Nov 30, 2018

deangilvin , Nov 30, 2018 :
    What's to fix? You said it is working fine......

10. E1542872056687
    Cupcake Nov 30, 2018

E1542872056687 , Nov 30, 2018 :
    sorry... when wifi is turned on what's App is not working... all other Apps are working fine...

11. Mataja
    Cupcake Feb 13, 2019

Mataja , Feb 13, 2019 :
    Hi all, I'm not sure that if I had the same issue as yours. In last 2 weeks wifi connection get slowed but it was working in mobile data. I have tried many solutions none of them worked.

It sounds funny but I disconnect the wifi and reconnect. Now it works fine.

12. V1558159396713
    Cupcake May 28, 2019

V1558159396713 , May 28, 2019 :
    the same thing happened to me.
    solution - go to setting> data usage> wifi> click on wifi data usage> one by one click on all the apps>turn off the 'disabled wifi' button.
    hope it helps.

13. Sjulania
    Cupcake Sep 12, 2019

Sjulania , Sep 12, 2019 :
    I am having the same issue. Few apps are not working on my WiFi and few apps are working. Tried rebooting, even removing the cache but nothing seems to help me here.
    Please help me resolve this issue. I am really frustrated now.