Wifi issues

1. kiakri
    Eclair Sep 28, 2015

kiakri , Sep 28, 2015 :
    Anyone had WiFi issues with the OP2. Suddenly dropping off and connecting to mobile data. and you need to disable then re-enable wifi for it to kick back in again.

Happens at home and also on work wifi

makseem likes this.
  2. rkagarwal00
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2015

3. makseem
    Froyo Oct 15, 2015

4. jarvis187
    Cupcake Oct 28, 2015

jarvis187 , Oct 28, 2015 :
    Same issue folks, although it won't reconnect after deactivating and reactivating. I had a reboot of the phone for it to kick in again. Anybody else? I THINK it has only started happening since the most recent OTA update, or maybe the one previous to that, I'm not 100% on that. It is highly frustrating though, as someone who switches mobile data off when connected to WiFi I can go long periods without noticing and not be connected. Have any of you went directly to Oneplus about this yet?

EDIT: I should also add that there doesn't seem to be a pattern to when this happens. It has happened after being connected to the same WiFi connection for a long time and a short time. It is also not related to any specific activity that I may be doing, as I often wake my phone to find it disconnected, rather than it disconnecting while in use.

5. nightmarish_
    Donut Oct 28, 2015

6. jarvis187
    Cupcake Oct 28, 2015

@nightmarish_ can I ask how long you have had your phone?

7. mwright92
    Donut Oct 28, 2015

8. jarvis187
    Cupcake Oct 28, 2015

Update. It just happened again, only 5 hours after a reboot. Doesn't always happen after 5 hours, but just an indication of how quickly it can happen. I also just noticed it attempting to reconnect, then failing. Please @OnePlus sort this out!

9. billy_boolean
    Jelly Bean Oct 28, 2015

10. alfonso.lopez08
    Honeycomb Oct 28, 2015

11. pansoltys
    Cupcake Nov 29, 2015

pansoltys , Nov 29, 2015 :
    Don't have exactly that problem, but also wifi related. Ever since the update the wifi module have started acting up. It's not always possible to enable it and I have to reboot my OP2 to do it.

12. KoulisHHH
    Cupcake Nov 29, 2015

KoulisHHH , Nov 29, 2015 :
    Wifi is lagging constantly. You press the button and it stays like there forever. It can be fixed sometimes with restart but sometimes you need to voodoo your way out. Same thing happens with wifi hotspot.
    I;ve noticed that when I croll down the drop down menu and press the wifi button while the phone is locked it won't open like before.

13. Samadi
    Gingerbread Nov 30, 2015

Samadi , Nov 30, 2015 :
    Enabling or disabling Wi-Fi doesn't seem to work, I have to go to Settings >> wifi and then enable it from there, while doing it seems to freeze the phone and I had to restart it.

I honestly, I am disappointed of this crappy phone AKA flagship killa

14. TGVassvik
    Cupcake Nov 30, 2015

TGVassvik , Nov 30, 2015 :
    Wi-fi, bluetooth, mic & earpiece-speaker dead, over night

In my one month old OnePlus 2, when I try to turn ON wifi & bluetooth , it is not getting ON & always remain OFF. It was working perfect till last night.

My Wifi Router is working and other mobiles & wifi devices can connect to the router.

My microphone is dead too, both when i'm in a call and recording video.
    I suspect my earpiece speaker to be "dead" too, because I can't hear anything when in a phone call. BUT, When switching to bottom speaker during calls I still can't hear the other person (the speaker works fine with music).
    I suspect this to be a software problem.

I just completed a full factory reset, didn't fix anything!
    As said earlier, everything was working perfect till last night

Have anyone experienced this before?

15. sandhya_v77
    Gingerbread Jan 8, 2016

sandhya_v77 , Jan 8, 2016 :
    try to enter ip address it will work. i had a same problem before

16. keessonnema
    KitKat Jan 8, 2016

17. Aanan5
    Cupcake Jan 10, 2016

Aanan5 , Jan 10, 2016 :
    My WiFi disconnects and reconnects on its own, the problem is driving me nuts.

18. mayursawant
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 10, 2016

mayursawant , Jan 10, 2016 :
    didn't face any issue, though one it was not working which was from the provider side.