Network/Connectivity WIFI - No internet

1. marvingstuart
    Cupcake May 26, 2018

marvingstuart , May 26, 2018 :
    If you connect to a WIFI network that is known to not be connected to internet its just a local WIFI network on the WIFI connection it will state "connected no internet". However this is not happening on the Onplus6 as it says "connected". Because its saying "connected" and "connected no internet" it thinks data is on the WIFI network, so if you want to use to internet it will not using the data from my LTE T-mobile network because its thinks the WIFI network has internet which it doesnt. I use this very often to connect to a local WiFI network that has no internet while using the internet from my mobile network

Does anyone else have this problem my oneplus 5 works flawlessly when connect to a non internet WIFI

Last edited: May 26, 2018

jeremywclements likes this.
  2. jeremywclements
    Cupcake May 29, 2018

jeremywclements , May 29, 2018 :
    Same issue with open WiFi network that requires web-based login/acknowledgement of terms. Must turn off (and keep off) WiFi while in range to be able to connect to internet.

Have confirmed this issue with two separate WiFi networks. One with web-based passphrase to allow access, other with simple "I agree" button to accept terms. Neither is recognized as not having internet access.

3. Kiran_kittu
    Froyo May 29, 2018

4. elvislam
    Gingerbread May 30, 2018

elvislam , May 30, 2018 :
    Go to wifi preferences, enable "Smart WiFi Switcher" and you should be good.

Attached Files: