Network/Connectivity Wifi setup trying to install an app from unknown source

1. ahmad_jalal
    Cupcake Sep 17, 2019

ahmad_jalal , Sep 17, 2019 :
    Hi Everyone
    I have one plus three and love it. I recently updated the software version to Oxygen OS 9.0.5.
    I am trying to connect to a Wifi network but the problem is that that particular Wifi network goes straight to a setup page where it prompts to install an out of the market app. I cannot for the life of me see an option where I can select "Install unknown apps" for the wift setup. I cannot open the Wifi setup page in chrome to install it that way either. How do I force my phone to install an app that is not in playstore through wifi setup page.
    Will really appreciate your help.
    Looking forward
    Jalal
    #wifi setup #network connectivity #Install Unknown apps #oneplus three

2. otto2
    Lollipop Sep 17, 2019

otto2 , Sep 17, 2019 :
    Don t use hashtags- this is not instacrap.
    Which wifi do you want to connect to? Your own router ? Some free wifi available somewhere outside?

3. ahmad_jalal
    Cupcake Sep 17, 2019

ahmad_jalal , Sep 17, 2019 :
    It is not my own wifi. It is a University Wifi, which requires the app to be installed for the wifi to run.

4. Paschfire
    KitKat Sep 17, 2019

5. ahmad_jalal
    Cupcake Sep 18, 2019

ahmad_jalal , Sep 18, 2019 :
    Like I said Wifi setup is trying to install the app so it is not a browser. I tried opening it up in a browser, wouldn't work. It has to be through wifi setup utility.

6. Paschfire
    KitKat Sep 18, 2019

Paschfire , Sep 18, 2019 :
    Then I suggest you report such issue(s) through the proper channels, as creating a thread here within the community forums isn't the correct places for submitting bug reports. There's a specific sections made for submitting such reports(linked just below), otherwise OnePlus Devs/bug hunters will likely never read this.

Bug/Issue reports go here;
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

Or, continue the discussion within one of the existing release threads for OOS 9.0.X to look for other possible solutions.

OOS 9.0.2~9.0.3 Pie 9 for OnePlus 3/3T here;
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...android-pie-for-oneplus-3-oneplus-3t.1037208/

OOS 9.0.4 Pie 9 for OnePlus 3/3T here;
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oxygenos-9-0-4-for-oneplus-3-oneplus-3t.1065726/

OOS 9.0.5 Pie 9 for OnePlus 3/3T here;
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oxygenos-9-0-5-for-oneplus-3-oneplus-3t.1086788/

In the future pls use the forums search, before creating unnecessary threads like this one.

ghostofcain likes this.
  7. ahmad_jalal
    Cupcake Sep 20, 2019

ahmad_jalal , Sep 20, 2019 :
    Hi Everyone
    I have one plus three and love it. I recently updated the software version to Oxygen OS 9.0.5.
    I am trying to connect to a Wifi network but the problem is that that particular Wifi network goes straight to a setup page where it prompts to install an out of the market app. I cannot for the life of me see an option where I can select "Install unknown apps" for the wift setup. I cannot open the Wifi setup page in chrome to install it that way either. How do I force my phone to install an app that is not in playstore through wifi setup page.
    Will really appreciate your help.
    Looking forward

8. Paschfire
    KitKat Sep 20, 2019

Paschfire , Sep 20, 2019 :
    I've already addressed your question(s) within your original thread, there is no reason to create a new thread of the exact same topic.

This is a form of spam, pls read and follow the OnePlus forum rules.

ghostofcain likes this.
  9. ahmad_jalal
    Cupcake Sep 20, 2019

ahmad_jalal , Sep 20, 2019 :
    I was told to post it in the appropriate forum. Now I am confused. You haven't addressed the question. You made a suggestion that I should post it in different location.

10. Madnezz4Ever
    Jelly Bean Sep 20, 2019

Madnezz4Ever , Sep 20, 2019 :
    Do you get anything on chrome when trying to connect to your University WiFi? Normally you should see a page with instructions when connecting to a public WiFi such as McDonald's as you have to agree to their terms of service before your able to fully connect.

You might have to make sure chrome can install unknown apps by searching install unknown apps in your settings.

If you still can't figure it out, ask someone at your University for help such as one of your professors.

11. Paschfire
    KitKat Sep 29, 2019

Paschfire , via OnePlus 3T Gunmetal , Sep 29, 2019 :
    Yes, you should be reporting these issue(s)/bugs through the feedback section, as I instructed you previously.

Not here within the community forums.

You also should be using the reply option if you're expecting a response. I only noticed scrolling through previous post that you had responded again.