Wifi speed slow when bluetooth is on [Nothing fixed the problem]

1. hessamk Cupcake Jul 19, 2015

hessamk, Jul 19, 2015 :
    I have the issue that when my Bluetooth is on, my Wifi speed is super slow. I searched the forum and realized this is a known issue. I opened a ticket with OnePlus and of their L2 agents connected to my phone few days ago and they flashed the device with OxygenOs but I still have the issue and after telling them the problem is not solved they have told me to use 5Ghz wifi (while I have told them I don't have any wifi router with 5GHz)

"You can call your router/wifi provider and they surely know how to switch to 5GHz. That is the fix that we can provide you.

Lejeal"

REARLYYYYYY? WHAT TYPE OF CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THIS?? :mad:

I just home someone from OnePlus sees this and realize this way of communication can turn me as one of their die-hard fans to one of their opponents. After so many issues with my phone including the touch screen problem, I was still defending OPO when around my friends but now they way handled my problem, I'm just sad for this company.
    When so many people have the issue, it means some of the devices are faulty and they need to replace it.
    I cannot even find a phone number so I can talk with them and obviously the customer service can just ignore my emails and tickets.

2. Shrapnelist Jelly Bean Jul 19, 2015

Shrapnelist, Jul 19, 2015 :
    well you know we just install the custom roms that's why we buy the oneplus one.
    maybe you should try it out. it might fix your problems, it did fix the touchscreen issues i was having but again flashing is a very fun thing and very addictive.
    people say their customer service is bad so thats the only thing you can do.

every os or phone has its perks and faults like bad battery, etc
    so you just gotta tweak it out yourself by searching
    it's very easy to do it.

I will recommend you mokee rom release download with mokee gapps
    search for more details

3. hessamk Cupcake Jul 19, 2015

hessamk, Jul 19, 2015 :
    I had the same issue on CM and that's why I switched to OxygenOs. So this means something is wrong with the phone itself and I'm pretty sure no other OS can fix it.
    I assume they should just replace the phone and any responsible company should have done that.

4. Shrapnelist Jelly Bean Jul 19, 2015

Shrapnelist, Jul 19, 2015 :
    you should try to do the speedtest by ookla with bluetooth on and off

5. hessamk Cupcake Jul 19, 2015

hessamk, Jul 19, 2015 :
    That's exactly what I'm doing. Constant 15Mbps when Bluetooth is off, 2,3 Mbps when Bluetooth is on. By the way same situation when I connect to the WiFi at work.

6. haali Froyo Aug 4, 2015

7. hessamk Cupcake Aug 4, 2015

hessamk, Aug 4, 2015 :
    Good luck with that. After weeks of communication with OnePlus this is the response I got: "OnePlus One is designed with that feature of bluetooth/WiFi settings."
    They call this a feature !!!!
    At the end they just suggested me to buy a WiFi router with 5GHz bandwidth support!! No real fix for the phone, no replacement.

I totally lost my faith in this company

8. rx74me Cupcake Aug 31, 2015

rx74me, Aug 31, 2015 :
    Still not working with latest update.

9. mkaleelmd Cupcake Sep 24, 2015

mkaleelmd, Sep 24, 2015 :
    Their customer service really sucks..

I have the similar problem as you explained in the thread.

1. If you keep the phone in your pocket for a while ,it creates ghost touches when we turn on. The phone will be completely non usable for few mins.

2. The WiFi is damn slow when Bluetooth is on. My modem gives 50Mbs download speed and oneplusone WiFi speed is just 1mbs. After I disabled the Bluetooth connection,it goes to 40Mbs.

I stopped recommending this phone to my friends. It's a piece of junk.

bbrannon likes this.
  10. bbrannon Eclair Oct 5, 2015

bbrannon, Oct 5, 2015 :
    Thanks for this thread. I was trying to figure out why my wifi was extremely slow on my Oneplus One. Disabling bluetooth upped it from 1.6 Mbs to 12 Mbs. Definitely not how it should work. I'm still on 44S.

11. takumi Cupcake Oct 13, 2015

takumi, Oct 13, 2015 :
    wow, I almost threw out my OPO because of this lame WIFI issue. Crazy that BT just randomly decided to do this?? I rely on BT for a ton of stuff sadly. Life bbrannon said, instant speed boost and no drops after BT turned off

12. fartold Eclair Dec 13, 2015

fartold, Dec 13, 2015 :
    The same thing just started with my phone. I've been running it with both on for months without any issues. Thanks for this thread. As much as I would like to upgrade to a newer phone this workaround will keep me using my oneplus one for a bit longer. I just received an invitation for a oneplus x but really can't afford it. Thanks again

13. draconus Cupcake Jan 12, 2016

draconus, Jan 12, 2016 :
    I have the same problem, I use a Bluetooth headset all day for my job and I have to disable WiFi to get it to work properly. Then I need to disable Bluetooth to get my WiFi to work properly.

Honestly need a new phone at this point I've tried flashing modems, ROMs, opened a ticket with OnePlus.. Same issue persists.

14. mifleck Cupcake Feb 3, 2016

mifleck, Feb 3, 2016 :
    Exact same problem, never loaded any custom rom's or anything. This is really frustating...just need a phone that works. Maybe it is time to look elsewhere.

15. Deadclysm Froyo Feb 9, 2016

Deadclysm, Feb 9, 2016 :
    That's not a problem. The problem is that Bluetooth interference stable WiFi connection unless connected to a 5Ghz hotspot. That's not a OnePlus problem, not even Android one... it's actually a known thing, and exists even on Windows. You guys should just get a dummy Nokia phone and leave us all alone.

16. gkajaia Eclair Apr 6, 2016

gkajaia, Apr 6, 2016 :
    Deadclysm Really? How is it then that galaxy s4, galaxy s2, galaxy s7 edge, my lenovo t410 never ever have this problem with bt on on the same wifi? Are you btw from oneplus? Their support is known for nonexistance. I bought oneplus one once and never ever gonna buy from that company. This was my first and last phone from uknown mqnufacturer like oneplus.
    I bought it. it was fine then after a month screen started developing ghost touches, and for a week now suddenly wifi is diaconnecting and speed is awful on the same rom out of the blue! It is desintegrating slowly.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016

17. marklar Gingerbread Apr 6, 2016

marklar, Apr 6, 2016 :
    if you read the thread the link to the issue the Surface was having back in 2013 it was due to a DRIVER issue and that one driver was controlling both pieces of hardware... it is not universal that BT interferes w/ wifi.

18. jefftrigueiro Eclair Oct 18, 2016

wagnervox likes this.
  19. Giráldez Eclair May 9, 2017

20. G_Marcus_Loh_xxGs Cupcake Jul 1, 2019

G_Marcus_Loh_xxGs, Jul 1, 2019 :
    CHANGING THE CHANNEL TO 6,OR OTHER ELSE,IT WILL BE WORK.
    IT WILL HAVE INTERNET BUT IT WILL DECREASE DRAMITICALLY.
    YOU CAN SEARCH RABB.IT ON GOOGLE, SIGN UP FOR AN ACCOUNT...
    THE INTERESTING HAVE COME...
    IT HAVE UP TO 500MBPS AND SMOOTH STREAMING WITH 4K VIDEO FOR YOUR BLUETOOTH HEADSET.
    HOPE IT WILL FIX TO YOU