Network/Connectivity WiFi while driving

1. smearp
    Cupcake Mar 5, 2021

smearp , Mar 5, 2021 :
    Hello All-

When driving around, I almost always have to turn off Wifi (although the phone keeps turning it back on for some reason!) because the phone constantly tries to connect to random low-quality WiFi Access points when I stop at a light or drive by an apartment complex.

I have both the "Dual-channel network acceleration" features turned on (Intelligent network connection and Dual channel download acceleration), but they do not help at all with the internet cutting out (a problem that is always resolved be opening settings and noticing that Wifi has connected to some Access Point that has no internet).

Is there anything I can do to make my 8t quit prioritizing internet from WiFi that has no Internet, over my 5G mobile data?

smearp likes this.
  4. vikarshaikh18
    Gingerbread Mar 5, 2021

5. StefanStark
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 5, 2021

StefanStark , Mar 5, 2021 :
    The intelligten Network settings - and dual channel download ... use WIFI to give you a better connection.

Read the explanations provided in the settings - switch them to OFF.

Disable the setting to allow the phone to activate WIFI on known WIFI locations.

6. StefanStark
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 5, 2021

StefanStark , via OnePlus 8T Aquamarine Green , Mar 5, 2021 :
    May I kindly ask what settings you think are worth checking in the settings and what specific change you expect.

Would be realy helpful to describe your input and thoughts in detail so thread opener can check and reproduce your input to the topic.

7. BEsco83
    Cupcake Mar 5, 2021

8. YAKS , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Mar 6, 2021 :
    Open setting don't auto on wifi option
    Make it manual