Will nord also get empowered by Color OS? via OnePlus Nord

1. ImWyk
    Eclair Jul 27, 2021

ImWyk , via OnePlus Nord , Jul 27, 2021 :
    As Oxygen OS has been merged to color os, I am afraid the beauty of Oxygen OS which I did choose after stock OS would get, lose time to time. Don't know how to urge them to stop this. Oxygen OS got inspired by one ui and now is surrendering to color os. I would leave the platform for sure when they would surrender totally.

bishals098, malmukhtar, Truu and 4 others like this.
  2. KluGe
    Lollipop Jul 27, 2021

KluGe , Jul 27, 2021 :
    Really?
    When did this happen?
    :confused::eek:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021

3. HoLeetihs
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 27, 2021

HoLeetihs , via OnePlus Nord , Jul 27, 2021 :
    I am wondering the same as in my understanding Color Os is currently mentioned to use in Chinese markets with very limited google options. This is only because Google is banned in mainland China.

KluGe likes this.
  4. gautamthapar
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus TV U1S Jul 28, 2021

5. nandu1013 , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Jul 28, 2021 :
    As far as I read it's like a sandwich. On top of vanila android it's is color os and on top of that it is oxygen os. In simple words op phones will run on oxygen os but color os is integrated to it. First phone to come with that is nord 2. Some whr I read that old phones will not have that issues but upcoming phones will be coming out with color os integration. Example can be seen on settings page and camera app of nord 2. Correct me if am wrong

Ganga@7 and jdkzzz like this.
  6. ImWyk
    Eclair Jul 29, 2021

ImWyk , via OnePlus Nord , Jul 29, 2021 :
    Yes see Nord 2... A lot has been changed, camera UI is similar to realme camera UI, settings UI too. Though they told the merger would be behind the screen, nothing will be visible but clearly color os is empowering Oxygen OS now. And if the trend continues (seems like) it would be dangerous.

7. ImWyk
    Eclair Jul 29, 2021

ImWyk , via OnePlus Nord , Jul 29, 2021 :
    Clearly they are making changes, OP team reflected One UI into Oxygen OS with version 11. And now color UI. Cant say would it be good or bad. I think they should use advantage of technology or features from another OS behind the screen not on UI, its basically embarrassing to see UI changes for which Oxygen OS was unique after stock.

8. jdkzzz
    Froyo Jul 31, 2021

jdkzzz , via OnePlus Nord , Jul 31, 2021 :
    Could be. Saw it on GeekyRanjith's Nord 2 Unboxing YouTube video. According to him, it seems the base code itself is the Color OS upon which Oxygen OS skin is slapped onto.

9. Subinmani
    Donut Aug 1, 2021

Subinmani , Aug 1, 2021 :
    Seriously? Did that YouTuber show you the Source Code of OxygenOS?

10. jdkzzz
    Froyo Aug 2, 2021

jdkzzz , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 2, 2021 :
    Nah nah. No proof. He could be right and wrong. We'll never know until we see how this new OS evolves.

ImWyk likes this.
  13. malmukhtar
    Eclair Aug 25, 2021

malmukhtar , via OnePlus 7T , Aug 25, 2021 :
    Once OnePlus implement Color OS in their devices then I'm first customer to leave the Great company (it was) will go back to use Stock Android devices.

ImWyk likes this.
  14. ImWyk
    Eclair Aug 25, 2021

ImWyk , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 25, 2021 :
    Same opinion... I migrated here from Nokia... Only for Oxygen OS... If something clatter happens I will migrate to Pixel.

malmukhtar likes this.
  15. malmukhtar
    Eclair Aug 25, 2021

malmukhtar , via OnePlus 7T , Aug 25, 2021 :
    Same destination Pixel is promising.