Will OnePlus release a midnight black 7 Pro?

1. ChrisFR06
    Froyo May 31, 2019

ChrisFR06 , May 31, 2019 :
    Hey guys,
    I really love the matte finish on my midnight black 6T thanks to the frosted glass. Do you guys think there's a chance OnePlus will release a midnight black 7 Pro later on this year?

The phone looks amazing but I'm not buying it until there's a grey or black version with a frosted finish. I don't like to glossy grey one and the nebula blue color is too flashy for me... Guess I'll stick with my 6T for now.

Am I the only one missing the midnight black color?

ekmlarbi likes this.
  2. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow May 31, 2019

buntycubal and xnutzii like this.
  3. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow May 31, 2019

buntycubal, xnutzii and Hydra Bob like this.
  4. ChrisFR06
    Froyo May 31, 2019

I know the color isn't that important and I'm nitpicking but can't I give my opinion? Jesus chill...

5. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow May 31, 2019

toastytoast1234 , May 31, 2019 :
    I'm sorry, I could have sworn you asked for our opinions. I clearly misread your post.

Hydra Bob likes this.
  6. ChrisFR06
    Froyo May 31, 2019

Well you don't have to be a dick about it. Just say you don't care.

7. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow May 31, 2019

Hydra Bob , May 31, 2019 :
    Aye, and you encourage him to be incorrigible. :rolleyes:

While I can't say that I hold his methods in very high regard, I do tend to agree with the fellow. The blue is too flamboyant, the almond is too austere, and the grey, although appropriately understated, is lacking a certain depth and elegance in my view.

8. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Jun 1, 2019

toastytoast1234 , Jun 1, 2019 :
    Are you this dictatorial in other aspects of your life? You asked a question on a public forum, and when you get an answer which doesn't agree with your opinion you resort to offensive, personal attacks?

Truly the snowflake generation run amok.

2. Code of Conduct
    Violations of these rules are worth two (2) warning points each.

Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. The following actions are prohibited from the OnePlus Forums:
    • Using inappropriate language, including sexually explicit, violent, or offensive language.
    • Showing a lack of respect and tolerance towards any forums members.
    Members who fail to respect the aforementioned code of conduct will be sanctioned/banned from the OnePlus Forums and their posted content will be removed.

buntycubal likes this.
  9. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Jun 1, 2019

I always take fashion / style advice from someone who runs around in a green & yellow lycra jumpsuit.

10. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow Jun 1, 2019

Hydra Bob , Jun 1, 2019 :
    [​IMG]

11. ChrisFR06
    Froyo Jun 1, 2019

ChrisFR06 , Jun 1, 2019 :
    Wow dude. It's just that when you said "It's a phone" you sounded like "No big deal why do you care about a phones color" and was wondering why you said that. Why can't I care about a phones color, I admit it's a nerdy thing but we're on the OnePlus forum there's tons of posts like this one and we're basically a bunch of nerds talking about every detail of a phone.

No need to show me the Code of Conduct. And why do you talk about snowflake mentality here? Completely no need.

12. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Jun 1, 2019

There was no need to be triggered by a completely mild & inoffensive comment just because it didn't fall in line with your agenda.

But you were.

Are you going to apologise for your
    • Using inappropriate language, including sexually explicit, violent, or offensive language.
    • Showing a lack of respect and tolerance towards any forums members.
    ?

theshinybeast likes this.
  13. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow Jun 1, 2019

Don't forget to add the grilled cheese to the list of offences :p

toastytoast1234 likes this.
  14. ChrisFR06
    Froyo Jun 1, 2019

It isn't that it didn't fall in line with my agenda (I was literally asking for your opinions so there was so agenda), it's just that, as I said, I found it weird you'd respond like that in a (what seemed to me) condescending tone ("uh why do you care it's a phone bruh"). I admit I should've called you what I called you, so sorry for that.

But jeez chill man, if anything, you're being the snowflake here for immediately quoting the Code of Conduct and wanting me to apologize... Come on.

Hydra Bob likes this.
  15. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Jun 1, 2019

Begrudging apology accepted. If I was a snowflake I would have gone straight to reporting you for your deeply hurtful, personal attacks, but here we are. I'll deal with my inner trauma another time.

That being said, I don't give a shit what colour my phone is - it's a phone - but I hope you find what you're looking for.

theshinybeast and ChrisFR06 like this.
  16. ChrisFR06
    Froyo Jun 1, 2019

Anyway, my bad. Thought you were being mean for no reason. Turns out you really don't care about your phone's color. Sorry I misinterpreted your initial comment.

17. David Y.
    OxygenOS Staff Member Jun 1, 2019

David Y. , Jun 1, 2019 :
    Glad you like the midnight black finish! Unfortunately, the answer is negative.

Hydra Bob and ChrisFR06 like this.
  18. ChrisFR06
    Froyo Jun 1, 2019

What do you mean?

19. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow Jun 1, 2019

It really was the best one you've done in the recent generations of phones imo. The other glass backs are pretty and all but they're absolute fingerprint magnets. Hope you'll consider bringing it back for the 7t.

ChrisFR06 likes this.
  20. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow Jun 1, 2019

He means that they're not going to be releasing a 7/7 Pro with the midnight finish this time around unfortunately.