Will the forums be a Make or Break for One plus in the near future?

?

Will the forums be a Make or Break for the future of One Plus?

1. Make

20 vote(s)
    87.0%
  2. Break

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  1. chaitanyakhaitan
    Honeycomb Dec 15, 2014

chaitanyakhaitan , Dec 15, 2014 :
    First of all Hats Off to One Plus for having a forum where almost all their mobile users are
    there.

Here all of us discuss the slightest issue with the OPO. Any con with the phone is much more highlighted than the awesome features. Yet Oneplus having all control of these posts does not delete/block them.

I do not think any other phone company has such a huge transparent forum where their products are criticised/ appreciated in such a huge volume.

What do you guys feel, will this forum turn out to be the Achilles Heel for Oneplus?

2. chaitanyakhaitan
    Honeycomb Dec 15, 2014

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014

3. Vicky_cbe
    KitKat Dec 15, 2014

Vicky_cbe , Dec 15, 2014 :
    very much true!!

chaitanyakhaitan likes this.
  4. jaferiqbal
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 15, 2014

jaferiqbal , Dec 15, 2014 :
    So many negative threads here,people just complaining like shit .
    Oneplus one is an awesome device .
    Hats off to Oneplus.
    Wish them all the best for their journey in India .

apoorvthacker likes this.
  5. Akki246

Akki246 , Dec 15, 2014 :
    nice thread...atlast got something else to read xcept invites...this phone is awesome at this price...i think its even better than the phones of top companies like samsung and sony...worth every buck spent...very happy to be the part of this family..:D

chaitanyakhaitan likes this.
  6. chaitanyakhaitan
    Honeycomb Dec 15, 2014

It is really good to see people appreciating their efforts. I really feel they deserve it :)

Akki246 likes this.
  7. ash621

ash621 , Dec 15, 2014 :
    Oneplus rocks
    No company has this level of interaction with its customers.
    Take for example. The cyanogen fiasco, they handled it so well. No other company would even bother to solve doubts and issues faced by its customers. Just look at page 1 of threads.
    Haters: Butbutbut it's a startup.
    -->First of all
    Go f**k yourself please because no one is gonna f**k you anyways, you would want them to do all the work.
    Secondly WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE.CANT YOU READ IT'S ONE PLUS FORUMS

Not to forget the forums are the reason you and I are even interacting with each other.
    The community support itself is worth more than 22k
    # Never Settle

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014

jaferiqbal likes this.
  8. chaitanyakhaitan
    Honeycomb Dec 15, 2014

You know what I like best about Apple is that I am hundred percent confident that if my device faces any problem they will replace it and resolve the issue. That gives me the confidence to pay a premium for their devices. I guess Oneplus is giving the same sense of security in their own unique way. Can only wish them luck and hope things pan out well for them.

apoorvthacker and ash621 like this.
  9. ash621

ash621 , Dec 15, 2014 :
    I like the no questions asked return policy
    But their devices cost an arm, leg as well as both kidneys
    Unfortunately I need atleast 1 kidney:p

10. cabhay
    KitKat Dec 15, 2014

cabhay , Dec 15, 2014 :
    i think this is one of best thing about opo. here we can get solution to any problem in minutes. i have created many threads with problem but none of my thread get blocked. this is best forum experience we can get.
    and about people creating negative threads, they are very few.

apoorvthacker likes this.
  11. sandeeppathak007

sandeeppathak007 , Dec 15, 2014 :
    OPO is doing great and the yellow hue is more of a promoted issue than what it is in real world (i mean look at the forum out of those who opened thread reporting this how many of them did share a PIC to show the issue) also my Yellow tint went away after a week of usage so yeah no issues at all fantastic device fr the price paid, can easily last 2 year if anyone want to use it

ash621 likes this.
  12. rationaldevil
    Honeycomb Dec 15, 2014

rationaldevil , Dec 15, 2014 :
    Well I do think reading on these forums affects my decisions and I think it would be safe to assume that it did affect others' too.

Forums help with following things:

One, Forums help with the company's system of invites which are necessary to buy the phone. This has created quite a buzz. Also in the earlier stages OnePlus had no means of letting people know about itself and its product so creating forums is a great(and inexpensive) idea for that. For mouth to mouth publicity forums are perfect.

Two, a direct and friendly interaction by the team of OnePlus with consumers. This helps to save all those marketing and survey costs. A vocal community is all they need. Plus they have been extremely forthcoming(at times with things that do not make sense but more than you can expect out of any company selling consumer goods) which creates an impression of caring and transparency among consumers which almost all consumers want and along with the forums this can create an extremely loyal community(one that is ready to even overlook the flaws). They even claim on the box I think that OPO is created for the community.(And since their target market is this community this is important. No average person who just wants a phone would go to the pains and would have the time of hanging around forums to get invites and deal with all the problem OPO faces)

Three, With almost no after sales service or basic infrastructure necessary to address consumer's concerns, a forum will help them with members ready to help one another and almost most of the issues are solved by community itself and the team of OnePlus need only be part of this community to help their consumers. The added advantage here is that people can easily vent their dissatisfaction with the product and vent their frustration and guess what here people will listen and will even provide their opinions on the same. And if your concerns are as well laid out as vantt1 you get direct response from the global director(as a member of this community) himself. In which company is that possible??

Four, OnePlus is probably the only company to officially recognize and support the android development community for its phone.(That is why you have dedicated forums for the same. Again this is keeping in mind that OPO buying community)

As for the concerns that cons are highlighted more than the pros, it can be currently ignored since demand is already more than the supply and they will be keeping it that way. It's like gradual expansion of community and target market. Early supporters were 50K and now they have sold more than half a million units in a span of just 6-8 months. And well it is bound to remain that way as people who truly care(the target market) will seek value here as price and product will always attract people who will be ready to buy. (I cannot comment however how things would be if say they had open sales and sold like any other device.)

OnePlus launched in India only due to the response it got from Indians on its forums and if you see the threads before the launch it was filled with all the information necessary to help ship the OPO to India since it was not the official launch country then. Due to this many Indians got encouragement and necessary help to buy OPO. If no forums were present, India still wouldn't have seen OPO and not many Indians would have gone to the pains of getting their OPO from US in the early stages. This is true for any country that is not a target market for OnePlus.

Just look at the importance they have given to forum statistics and forum members in their launch event keynote: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/live-india-launch-event.195700/

Since you also were interested in OnePlus and its product, you decided to join the forums and will inevitably become part of it at least till you find your invite and even after that to share problems and opinions. You will encourage others to buy OPO too and if they are up for it you will drag them to the forums too.

krshnaan, chaitanyakhaitan and ash621 like this.
  13. cabhay
    KitKat Dec 15, 2014

cabhay , Dec 15, 2014 :
    are you practicing for typing.:eek:

14. rationaldevil
    Honeycomb Dec 15, 2014

rationaldevil , Dec 15, 2014 :
    Yeah practicing for my boring book that I will write in future;)

cabhay likes this.
  15. VinayMS
    Froyo Dec 15, 2014

VinayMS , Dec 15, 2014 :
    Well, I wouldn't have bought OPO if I hadn't been on the forum.
    Professional reviewers can be paid or get biased, their reviews can't always be held honest.
    Here I got to see a number of people criticising the device yet a greater number negated the criticism.
    So in my opinion the forum can't go against OP, because supporters like us will be there to tackle the criticism. It's not about criticising the criticisers. They criticise that's why we contradict them thus keeping the forum alive and keeping the buzz on for ONE.

ash621 likes this.
  16. Srivatsa. K
    Gingerbread Dec 15, 2014

Srivatsa. K , Dec 15, 2014 :
    The forum s the back bone for One plus.
    Its helping them in every way.
    The forum help members and fans to exchange views n learn about the company and the product.
    Forums will help the company learn wat users want and help them shape their future products n services.
    In all its a win win situation !;)

17. chaitanyakhaitan
    Honeycomb Dec 16, 2014

chaitanyakhaitan , Dec 16, 2014 :
    Book on Oneplus???

juststeve likes this.
  18. rationaldevil
    Honeycomb Dec 16, 2014

rationaldevil , Dec 16, 2014 :
    Lol No:p I just cannot figure out much about OnePlus. I just like to observe things. Sorry for such a big rant.:D

19. juststeve
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 16, 2014

juststeve , Dec 16, 2014 :
    Thats quite a long write, hes got the time man....:rolleyes:

rationaldevil likes this.
  20. rationaldevil
    Honeycomb Dec 16, 2014

juststeve likes this.