Will you buy Oneplus phones in the future if your 3t is treated like the 2?

1. NRivera125
    Froyo May 19, 2017

2. mischa1981
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 20, 2017

mischa1981 , May 20, 2017 :
    i understand that they're Just a small team and so they cannot Work on everything at the same time. right now they're busy with the new releases for the op3 and op3 plus and also Work on the 5. they're more than busy.

3. Akshaydrome
    Cupcake May 20, 2017

4. aloktripathi13
    Eclair May 20, 2017

aloktripathi13 , May 20, 2017 :
    'No and would not recommend anyone even,' and this is the same answer of my three friends who also bought OP3T

5. 50ShadesofShiba
    Froyo Jun 9, 2017

50ShadesofShiba , Jun 9, 2017 :
    Okay.

Braindead robot.

6. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Jun 9, 2017

luigimario , Jun 9, 2017 :
    I bought my OP3 on specs for longevity, expecting to switch to custom ROMs at some point once they stop updates. I was hoping for 2 years of updates, but I won't be terribly disappointed if they stop after OP5 drops like they did for OP2. I feel bad for OP2 users because they didn't know what to expect and they got shafted.

So yes, I would buy OP again if they can keep their price point low. $500 USD is almost $700 Canadian, so I wouldn't get the OP5 based on that. Plus I'm hoping to get 3-5 years out of my OP3 :p

Tejas2498 likes this.
  7. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Jun 9, 2017

luigimario , Jun 9, 2017 :
    I totally agree. I was deciding between the A7 and OP3. The Dev community and unlocking without voiding the warranty is what swayed me to go OnePlus. Haven't regretted my decision yet, though the sound system on the A7 is pretty boss :)

Henaway likes this.
  8. Avikum
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2017

9. F_Michal_Doblej_dBkm
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 9, 2017

Loveit likes this.
  10. Spelt

Spelt , Jun 9, 2017 :
    If the OP3 get O then I really don't have a problem. Even if doesn't get "O".
    As long as I get about 5 to 6 more months of updates I am fine. My future use of the Oneplus 3 is not really dependent on future major android versions. It works perfectly now and should keep working well even six months to a year from now. Future versions of android is simply a windfall.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017

TheSpoken likes this.
  11. Spelt

Spelt , Jun 9, 2017 :
    Before the OP3 I came from a cheap phone that never got updates or even security patches. If I get 1.5 years of update support I am fine with that. Like someone said I can always go with a custom rom as last resort. But I am likely to just buy another phone first either from Oneplus or where ever. Price and features is king.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017

12. Spelt

Spelt , Jun 9, 2017 :
    There are a ton of phone companies out there selling phones that never provide updates. Some of those phones are not cheap either. This is not an Apple or Samsung phone. This is decent mid-range phone with solid hardware. I think some people expect too much. I also think the OP3 will get Android "O" after that maybe not.

13. ut2000
    Honeycomb Jun 9, 2017

ut2000 , Jun 9, 2017 :
    To be honest, the 3T is basically the best you can get for the price (minus the camera). that's it.

if you want something better, you're going to have to spend a bit more. which leads to the OnePlus 5. it's not going to be worth getting if it has a price tag of say anything around $550 and above. for a little more or about the same you can get the G6 (which I believe is water resistant, I could be wrong) or an S7, and other potentially better options. Maybe the ones listed don't have the better specs, but they pack a great bundle. good cameras, water resistant, I think one has the same Snapdragon (G6), and overall the function pretty well.

And personally, I'm just going to wait for the Pixel 2. I'm fairly certain I'll be getting that next and usuallyI'm impatient for a new phone, but for the meanwhile, I'll stick with my 3T and not take many pictures with it cause the camera blows.

Tejas2498 likes this.
  14. Spelt
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 10, 2017

Spelt , Jun 10, 2017 :
    Exactly this is not an Apple or Samsung. Phones I have had in the past never got updates. I have had the Oneplus 3 for a year now and can say the hardware works perfectly and the software is now highly optimized.

15. Spelt
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 10, 2017

Spelt , Jun 10, 2017 :
    If the OPO got two years of support then that's about all you could expect.

16. sepu79
    Gingerbread Jun 10, 2017

sepu79 , Jun 10, 2017 :
    no,i wont buy.this 3t is my first and my last op phone.
    after 5 comes and updates stops coming i will go for custom roms.

17. celtek
    Eclair Jun 10, 2017

celtek , Jun 10, 2017 :
    Sure i will buy again because at this moment i am already happy with my phone.

18. Konshu
    Eclair Jun 10, 2017

19. immadeofpixels
    Eclair Jun 10, 2017

immadeofpixels , Jun 10, 2017 :
    If we don't get Android O, I definitely won't.
    However, I might be willing to stay if we don't end up getting Android P (assuming it's a minor update like O. if it's a major update and we don't get it, I might not stay)

20. kneelace
    Donut Jun 10, 2017

kneelace , Jun 10, 2017 :
    It's not about the treatment ..it's basic planning ..the company has gone global and invite free for our sake
    and the best part is they are one of the best out there in the market.. so if they continue to provide support to every product they made like one,x,2.. they wont be able to dump their money in the future..
    OnePlus is like a horse which runs pretty fast but doesn't have enough stamina .. p.s stamina is the revenue of the company. people are talking about Iphone, nokia, samsung, plis take a look at their revenue and the brand value you pay to them while purchasing their product. :p

i myself use a OP2 and am happy with marshmallow, as i clearly understand them by taking a look at news. dont worry 3 and 3t people. i think u wont be abandoned until rumoured 5t is set to launch