1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. I'm using third party

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. beastkay
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 14, 2018

beastkay , Jan 14, 2018 :
    I just want to advice or share what I think about a software which is required for OP users.

An application for Backup,Restore and other useful tasks that people does manually by attaching dash cable with there laptop and computers.

I don't want to use another third party application for this work like wondershare and all.

OP is known for they listen to there customers and they're for people and by the people.
    So that's why I thought I should share this because it's always in my mind when I'm backing up my device with my computer because in nowadays everyone is getting lazy, people are clapping for turning the lights on or off and I'm just thinking for an application by which I can be little lazy.

Maybe it will be called as OP Connect and it will consist of (Imagination):-

• By just connecting your device with your system (mac/windows) there will be sign of OP and the device which you've connected like if it's a OP5 then there should be a OP5 on screen.
    • It will consists of lots of features as they provide in phone so they will provide in application also
    • BACKUP/RESTORE
    • MULTIMEDIA
    • CONTACTS
    • ETC/etc........
    This was my little bit of imagination and I'm literally imagining it up on my windows system and I think there should be a requirement for this because we love OP and we want our unique device and an unique application too :)

Peace out don't forget to vote ;) ;)

ParisOneplus, GopalB. and rudra964 like this.
  2. beastkay
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 15, 2018

3. GopalB.
    Nougat Jan 15, 2018

GopalB. , Jan 15, 2018 :
    I think old Nokia phones used to have something like this...
    Even Samsung...

But even if you get an application by OnePlus... You'll still have to install it on your pc... And you have to start and choose the contents manually...

Only during launch events and press releases... :rolleyes:

beastkay likes this.
  4. MentalDraco
    Marshmallow Jan 15, 2018

MentalDraco , Jan 15, 2018 :
    Well a lot of stuff is handled by Google like contacts, apps and if you don't mind using Google photos and drive perhaps a lot if not all the media. I can see how it might make it easier if you switch from one OP device to another, but not sure how many would use it, we also have oneplus switch app to handle migration of some data, really the only thing you might want to retransfer and is not covered might be music or videos.

So I don't think they will make anything more the oneplus switch app soon.

GopalB. and beastkay like this.
  5. beastkay
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 16, 2018

beastkay , Jan 16, 2018 :
    Yes nokia and samsung was having it but I thought it should have the GUI like it and working like iTunes which will be good for sure because as they are planning big always and it should be there if they want it BIG !

GopalB. likes this.
  6. ParisOneplus
    Gingerbread Mar 31, 2021

ParisOneplus , Mar 31, 2021 :
    Yes Oneplus should have its own app on osx, linux and windows as does Xiaomi, Samsung ....