[Winner announced] Shot on OnePlus: Part 6 – Best Slo-mo Video / Animal Photos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Y. Global Community Manager Staff Member Jul 20, 2018

David Y., Jul 20, 2018 :
    [Edit on August 6] Sweet, the contest has been closed, we are working on the winner selection process. Stay tuned folks!

SOOP Contest_6.png
    Cockatiel bird, Shot on OnePlus 5 by Tariq.

Hi friends,

Our monthly Shot on OnePlus competition is back! Inspired by Ajay Jamnani, whose stunning video work is attached below, this time we bring you two challenging but fun themes: Slo-mo video and Animal photos. Amaze us with how delightful your life is by showcasing your best slo-mo videos or share your cutest animal shots. We can't wait to see what will be captured by your OnePlus camera.

[How to enter]
    1. Pick one of the following challenges you prefer.
    2. Slo-mo Video Challenge: Upload 1 video to YouTube or Vimeo and share the link in the comment section of this thread.
    3. Animal Photo Challenge: Select 2-3 of the best photos from your Gallery. Upload and share your photos in the comment section of this thread.
    4. Don’t forget to include the following information in your post: device name, editing software used, and whether a 3rd-party lens was used.
    5. You also need to share the stories behind your video/pictures: where did you capture this video/pictures and what does it show about your world?
    [How it works]
    1. The video/picture must be taken with a OnePlus device. (We may ask you to send the original file for verification).
    2. Entries will be accepted until 10 pm EDT on August 5. The OnePlus team will pick 5 winners. We'll announce the lucky winners on August 7.
    3. Five finalists will receive a OnePlus travel Backpack and a OnePlus limited-edition Sketchbook!
    4. Only one entry per person will be considered. All content must be original.

Yippee, have fun and enjoy the competition!

[Winner announced]

Congrats to @blueskywhale , @jwewing , @mr.william1 , @maarten_lisboa and @TibiTibi , each of you winning a OnePlus travel backpack and a OnePlus limited-edition sketchbook. Below are their winning entries.

Rest assured. We will contact you very soon. Have a great day all shutterbugs.

Cheers!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018

2. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jul 20, 2018

Stickied Post
    NeVeR_SeTTLe, Jul 20, 2018 :

I don't know if these are "cute" ;) but they make me smile :D

The Chameleon
    My friend owns a "Proud" chameleon, so I decided to take a "proud" picture of it ;) A beautiful, spot on focus of the eye :D
    [​IMG]
    OnePlus 6 / Pro Mode / ISO 400 / Exposure Time 1/50s / Edited with Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop & Snapseed / No lens

The Kitty
    My other friend has her Kitty Kat beside her and when I visit her, the Kat always loves to say hi to me by posing herself for me for her photo session :D I took this shot and got a real close up of her. Before her shot, she purred to me, "I'm ready for my closeup, Mr. Deville" :D
    [​IMG]
    OnePlus 6 / Auto / ISO 4000 / Exposure Time 1/13s / Edited with Adobe Lightroom / No lens

The Grasshopper
    I was out for a bike ride trying to capture some sweet macro shots and came across a grasshopper chilling on a plant. Looked very calm and wasn't afraid that I came close to it. Took out my OnePlus phone and shot the perfect picture :D
    [​IMG]
    OnePlus 3T / Pro Mode / ISO 100 / Exposure Time 1/710s / Edited with Adobe Lightroom / BC Master 15x Macro Lens

@David Y. thanks for this awesome contest :)

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018

3. TibiTibi Nougat Jul 20, 2018

Stickied Post
    TibiTibi, Jul 20, 2018 :
    [1] Buggy
    Is this an animal?
    I have seen this bug in the garden.
    With shaky hands and the bug was really close.
    PSX_20180710_220239-01.jpeg
    ISO 100
    Exposure 1/ 64​

[2] Sunbath.
    Katy poses during a meeeting with friends in other garden.
    DSC_0200-01-01-01_001.jpg
    ISO 100
    Exposure 1/ 114​

[3] The fearless.
    Hyperactive squirrel in Yosemite.
    PSX_20180720_213921.jpg
    ISO 100
    Exposure 1/ 2300​

All captured with Oneplus one, no lense.
    All shots were edited and cropped with psx, snapseed and compressed with yaimco.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018

4. maarten_lisboa The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Jul 20, 2018

Stickied Post
    maarten_lisboa, Jul 20, 2018 :
    My photography style is catching moments, especially around sunset, I call myself a sunset hunter [e]1f609[/e]
    So if a happy dog runs into my frame I just shoot it .
    So this is my approach to animal photography, hope you like.

Crazy dog during perfect sunset. I love the reflection and the energy of the dog.
    Oneplus 3t, no edits at all, auto mode.
    One of the last pics taken with my 3, I Loved that phone!
    1532114834019.jpg

This one was one of the first taken with the oneplus 6. I thought I would miss the 3t but the 6 made me forget my old phone very fast.
    Oneplus 6, once again no edits at all, auto mode.
    1532114834124.jpg

Pic 3 - loading... - [e]1f603[/e]

Looking forward to the upcoming pics
    Love to see the different approach you all have, that's what photography is about : catching your vision of the beautiful things around you. Happy hunting!

More on IG maarten_lisboa

5. jwewing Froyo Jul 25, 2018

Stickied Post
    jwewing, Jul 25, 2018 :
    A brief visit to my backyard. Shot on OnePlus 6, edited on Vegas Studio, no 3rd party lens. This is a quick view of Happy Hour at my house. When the hummingbirds (this one is a juvenile rufous hummingbird which is migratory here) get done feeding in the wild many of them come back to our feeders and get ready for night. I was lucky to catch this one all by herself. It's amazing what's out there when you look up from the screen.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018

6. blueskywhale Honeycomb Jul 26, 2018

Stickied Post

7. mr.william1 Donut Jul 28, 2018

Stickied Post
    mr.william1, Jul 28, 2018 :
    Animal Photo Competition

1532843808669.jpg

Camera: OnePlus 6 (no lens)
    Subject: Dudley (Male Siberian Cat)
    Editing Software: Polarr Pro

This is a shot I took of my cat Dudley. He must think he's the head of the household, perching wherever he pleases - in this case, in front of the fireplace. Nonetheless, he is a very affectionate cat (despite his glare in this picture). His blue eyes are truly awesome! Best of luck to all entries!

Never Settle,
    William

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018

8. GeertBerkers Lollipop Jul 20, 2018

L1532093569600 and script like this.
  9. talluri Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 20, 2018

Bouncer71 and script like this.
  10. MiszterSoul Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 20, 2018

MiszterSoul, Jul 20, 2018 :
    Rdy for cute animal photos! :3

2 cat and 2 puppy photos :3

My Grandma's fat cat! :D
    He is every year bigger and bigger, and he loves play with that ball!

Shot with OnePlus 5 | Editing: Only resize
    FatCat.jpg

Not the best photo of her, but this is the first day of her, and she is cute AF *-*
    She is at my Grandma too, and she have Insta :p @CherryThePuppyDog

CuteCherry.jpg

My GF's grandmothers little cats.
    They said, they are wild, can't catch them.
    After 15 min of playing, we were friends, theye were in my hand for some minutes too :D

SmallCats.jpg

Cherry on the third week~
    She looks like smiling! :D
    (The ball in the background, is the FatCat's ball!)

Cute, growing very fast ^^

CuteCherry2.jpg

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018

11. Manav Bhagia Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 20, 2018

script likes this.
  12. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Jul 20, 2018

13. mojoyoyo77 Lollipop Senior Moderator Jul 20, 2018

mojoyoyo77, Jul 20, 2018 :
    A very interesting contest. Surely it will be very nice to see the curious images taken by users

14. Shivang Joshi Starting Point Expert Jul 20, 2018

Shivang Joshi, Jul 20, 2018 :
    This is great :) I might try to get some shots :D

Edit: I finally did, and here's my submission

Shot on OnePlus Part 6 Contest_002.jpg

Device name: OnePlus 5
    Camera: OnePlus Camera - Auto Mode (2x Zoom)
    Editing software used: Adobe Lightroom
    3rd-party lens: None

Where did I capture this video/pictures and what does it show about my world?: I captured this image right outside my college. This picture shows that humanity is headed towards darkness (Yup, I intentionally edited the picture to convey this message). I'm saying that because someone did a cruel act to that animal. If you notice one of the leg of donkey, you'll find a flip-flop on his leg. And he was not comfortable walking while wearing that. I felt sorry for that animal and I was even unable to help him due to the risks of getting hurt. If such activities continue to increase with the same pace, we'll end up in darkness pretty soon. So, if anyone reading this sees someone doing such acts of cruelty, try to stop them.

IMG_20180720_185835-01 (1).jpeg

Device name: OnePlus 5
    Camera: OnePlus Camera - Auto Mode
    Editing software used: Snapseed
    3rd-party lens: Apexel Macro Lens

Where did I capture this video/pictures and what does it show about my world?: I captured it on the floor of our home. If you notice something carefully, you can see that this housefly was actually laying an egg when I was capturing this image. Hundreds and Thousands of births take place around us everyday and we're unable to see them with our naked eyes. Nature has implemented such small things with ease, but we're unable to applaud them. After seeing this, I highly appreciate these small things going around me.

Oh, and here's another picture of the same housefly. This is when I started chasing it.

IMG_20180720_184955__01-01 (1).jpeg

Thanks @David Y. for giving us this opportunity to share some pics and the story behind them :)

Good luck everyone :)

TibiTibi, Cheetosdust, woSch and 6 others like this.
  15. script Nougat Moderator Jul 20, 2018

16. G_Nikhil_Mandrekar_hOyK Donut Jul 20, 2018

17. woSch Marshmallow Jul 20, 2018

woSch, Jul 20, 2018 :
    @David Y. Yet nother great Contest! Yeah! I'll give it a try with some Animal shots!

I'm shure I can't compete with all the lovely cute Cats and Dogs... my passion for many years are Insects! So here are my favorit shots from this month, i took in my garden. Free Hand with no additional macro-lens or something like this... only a lot of patience... and preselectet Distance in Pro-Mode.

First and second is a flying Hoverfly coming a long for some Nectar...
    IMG_20180706_202344-01.jpeg

IMG_20180706_202315_01-01.jpeg

Third one is a Beetle Larva of a Ladybug looking for some Aphids...
    IMG_20180712_161940-01.jpeg

one 2 three with 5T pro-mode & Snapseed for cropping

slo-mo video ... I found this little gal in my kitchen, had to grab it and to release it in my backyard:

Green Grasshopper - a young female
    OP5T sslooooo-mmooooo

18. RonaldM Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 20, 2018

RonaldM, Jul 20, 2018 :
    Slow-mo Elmo...

I forgot to answer some questions:
    The video is recorded on my Oneplus 5T and directly uploaded to YouTube.

It's shows one of my pet rats. Great and funny animals with a undeserved bad reputation.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018

19. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jul 20, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe, Jul 20, 2018 :
    I always loved the second picture - I believe I can fly :D

20. sharmayash Froyo Jul 20, 2018

21. the98kid Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 20, 2018

the98kid, Jul 20, 2018 :
    All of these following images were shot on OnePlus 5 with a little bit of editing with Snapseed no external lens is used.

***Story time***

1. Yeah this is my homie, Sheero. A street dog when he was a little puppy I adopt him. he was/is very active among his siblings and he loves me. ( I feed his family too.)
    1532094626268.jpg

2. He loves to pose lol, you can see it. [e]1f602[/e] *bhai ka portrait*
    1532094626413.jpg

3. just a random friend [e]1f602[/e][e]1f525[/e] I see two of them fighting but not correctly so I helped them to get into it fully . And he was the winner and he was very happy with his prize *a sugar cube* lololol
    1532094626555.jpg

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018

22. the98kid Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 20, 2018

23. sharmayash Froyo Jul 20, 2018

24. ArjunMAV Donut Jul 20, 2018

ArjunMAV, Jul 20, 2018 :
    1532096422260.jpg

Absolutely the King of the forest
    Captured with my OnePlus 5
    No edits and no extra lens used

25. K1527854834874 Donut Jul 20, 2018

Attached Files: