[Winners announced] Let's Talk – The Final Showdown

1. Ruby G. Creative Copywriter Staff Member Jul 16, 2018

Ruby G., Jul 16, 2018 :
    LetsTalkRd3_SM-Forum.png

Friends,

It's been awesome getting to know you all better since we started Let's Talk back in March. You all truly showed up, with inspiring wordsmithing and enthusiasm in your question answers. For the last round of Let's Talk, I will release 1-2 topics every Monday for everyone to answer. On top of this, here's a fun twist: All previous winners of Let's Talk have been invited to host their own Let's Talk topic threads. Of these, the one with the most votes (by the community and staff) when the contest ends will receive a special gift from Pete.

To sum up how this Let's Talk round will work:
    • Everyone is invited to look for question threads around the forums (that are marked with [Let's Talk] in the title) and write a response to them as you are interested. This round of Let's Talk will end on Sunday, August 5, so get those responses in before then!
    • All responses between 300 – 1000 words long will be automatically entered in the running for leveling up in our rewards system. Doesn't matter if it’s in response to a past or current round topic. Responses over 500 words can be moved to a new thread. It helps to tag me.
    • For winners of previous rounds only: you can host one discussion topic thread of your own in the "Let's Talk Thread topics – Hosted by Past Winners" subforum (under Contests).

Level 1: We message you thanks and send you 100 raffle points.
    Level 2: We feature you in our monthly newsletter and weekly update (Bonus: One accessory of your choice + the option to add an Avatar sticker)
    Level 3: Your post is added to our Medium with full credits and publicized on our social media channels (Bonus: Profile trophy + a swag bag of goodies)
    Level 4: Added to the Hall of Fame (Bonus: Early device access through The Lab)

We'll announce the winners mid-August. I'll continue to update this thread with announcements and clarifications. If you'd like some inspiration to get started, check out the responses from last round's Level 3 winners, as well as those from Level 4 (Cheetosdust's entries and NeVeR_sETTLe's entries).

Happy writing! Look forward to seeing what everyone puts together :)

2. Ruby G. Creative Copywriter Staff Member Jul 16, 2018

Stickied Post
    Ruby G., Jul 16, 2018 :
    The running list of thread topics from my side:
    1. https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...nership-would-you-be-most-excited-for.871777/
    2. https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/lets-talk-review-one-item-in-your-bag-right-now.871765/
    3. https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/lets-talk-whats-your-first-memory-of-cell-phones.875772/
    4. https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...-know-a-lot-about-besides-smartphones.879537/

All thread topics hosted by past winners can be found here: https://forums.oneplus.com/forums/lets-talk/

8/8 Update:
    Friends, I'm so grateful for all of you. The discussions were lively and the humor was keen in this last round of Let's Talk. I've loved getting a peek into your own lives and learning so much from each of you. My sincere congratulations to the following word wizards:

Level 1 winners
    (Gets a thank you message +100 raffle points)

@1sri
    @Albright_Kim, @artloverjv
    @Bobbie63
    cdnfarmer
    @DmZhu66, Drewbikscube
    johneebee, @jwewing
    luigimario
    Venky61, @viking_vp3
    @ZaionZephyr

Level 2 winners
    (Gets featured in a monthly newsletter and weekly update, plus one accessory of your choice and the option to add an Avatar sticker.)

BobbyVK, @brian.sedore
    @cdnfarmer
    Drewbikscube, Dresa91
    @johneebee
    Luigimario
    @Moin2200
    @Venky61

Level 3 winners
    (Gets added to our Medium with full credits and publicized on our social media channels, plus a profile trophy and a swag bag of goodies.)

@BobbyVK
    Drewbikscube, @Dresa91
    luigimario

Level 4 winners
    (Gets added to the Hall of Fame subforum and gains early access to our next flagship through The Lab!)

@Drewbikscube
    @luigimario
    @Shivang Joshi

I also want to give a shoutout to all of the past winners who took the time to create and host their own topic threads. Your topics stimulated some important discussions in our community, and were thought-provoking for many of us. Thank you for the impact that you have made. In the end, we could only calculate one winner...Congratulations to @Sridhar Ananthanarayanan, who hosted "Should OnePlus expand its product portfolio..." for winning the gift from Pete!

An exciting time with our community comes to an end. But never fear, more fun will come soon. Until next time!

3. Dresa91 Oreo Jul 16, 2018

4. Shivang Joshi KitKat Jul 16, 2018

5. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Jul 16, 2018

Cheetosdust, Jul 16, 2018 :
    Hello @Ruby G.

I already mentioned this before, but I truly believe these threads lead to something great and special - because this community already has the talent and these threads give a nudge and a stage to everyone that wants to express themselves.

Thank you (and the team involved) once again for all this work and all the best for the second edition. The first one was amazing! :cool:

PS: What happens if/when you press that OnePlus key? ;) :p

This one:
    Captura de ecrã 2018-07-16, às 12.23.54.png

cdnfarmer, SidRoy5T, 1sri and 24 others like this.
  6. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jul 16, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe, Jul 16, 2018 :
    Thanks Ruby for a great chance :)
    Wishing all the best luck to the runners up ;)

7. Dresa91 Oreo Jul 16, 2018

Dresa91, Jul 16, 2018 :
    Emily Ratajkowski will serve iced drinks ;) But this is just @Carl's keyboard :p

8. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jul 16, 2018

Don't get started on Emily Ratajkowski :) She is a sweetheart ;)

9. Dresa91 Oreo Jul 16, 2018

Dresa91, Jul 16, 2018 :
    OK :D

10. Akhshay Srinivasan Lollipop Jul 16, 2018

11. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jul 16, 2018

12. Akhshay Srinivasan Lollipop Jul 16, 2018

Akhshay Srinivasan, Jul 16, 2018 :
    Haha ty dude ! Hey, let her release her questions anyways....

I haven't ever digged to hers anyways before except to that just read hers xD Well, let's see :p

13. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jul 16, 2018

@Ruby G. already released them. Look in her post :p

14. Akhshay Srinivasan Lollipop Jul 16, 2018

15. GopalB. Marshmallow Jul 16, 2018

16. pa5t1s Marshmallow Jul 16, 2018

pa5t1s, Jul 16, 2018 :
    What???? Where???? How???? Who???? Pics or it doesn't exist in any multiverses [​IMG][​IMG]

17. Dresa91 Oreo Jul 16, 2018

Dresa91, Jul 16, 2018 :
    You don't have an OP-key on your keyboard:p

18. pa5t1s Marshmallow Jul 16, 2018

pa5t1s, Jul 16, 2018 :
    But I have an "@emrata" shortcut...does it help? Obviously, my "@getpeid" shortcut is less funny and entertaining...

19. Dresa91 Oreo Jul 16, 2018

Dresa91, Jul 16, 2018 :
    Then I would send the keyboard back and ask for a replacement

20. Martin_VN Honeycomb Jul 16, 2018