[Winners Announced] OnePlus 7 Series: Review and Spread the word

1. brian.sedore Honeycomb Jun 19, 2019

brian.sedore, Jun 19, 2019 :
    • What are your favorite features (hardware/software, up to 3) and in which usage scenarios do they offer the best experience?
      1. Screen quality. Big improvement over previous models with the 90hz display. Not a fan of the curved display, but the picture quality is appreciated. Gamers will appreciate this change as well.
      2. Alert Slider. Ok, a little silly considering previous models have this too, but I found the slider on the 5T difficult to actually slide since it did not protrude from the device that far. Welcomed change. This is useful when switching quickly between volume, vibrate, silent if in an important meeting or class.
      3. OxygenOS. As a whole, I enjoy the customization that OOS comes with it. The accent colour picker is great, built in light and dark mode well ahead of Android Q, and the colour calibration options are just a few of the great features available. These customizations should be appreciated for anyone wanting to change up their phone when they get bored of the UI.
    • Never Settle is about the constant pursuit of better. If you can only say one, which improvement should it be, and why?
      1. Camera. Sure, this is an improvement over the lackluster 5T's camera and the recent update to the camera helped for the 7 Pro, but there is still room for improvement. Is getting an official Google Camera port from Google not an option? Their image processing is second to none it seems lately.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019

MR.BEN312 likes this.
  2. hitesh7422 Froyo Jun 19, 2019

hitesh7422, Jun 19, 2019 :
    i m hard lover of one plus before I have one plus 6 now I got 7, i love one plus switch software it's take minutes to set your new phone, battery back up is quite good, display is amazing, sometimes incoming call button hand in op, over all i m satisfied with my op 7...

3. Vikivik Gingerbread Jun 19, 2019

Vikivik, Jun 19, 2019 :
    The major selling point which makes OnePlus 7 pro a unique

1. WARP CHARGE - power banks are soo old age with appearance of warp charge. 10mins and already 80% is charged. There is no other phone which can you you this feature and yet no lt kill the battery over the years.

apart from this major point , the new boy in town feature makes OnePlus more desirable
    2. 90Hz DISPLAY - the refresh rate of the screen changed from 60 Hz to 90 Hz has difference of earth and moon. the butter smooth display with 0 lag point which is major helpful when a normal consumer stares at the display for 8-10 hours upon the display.

3. IN DISPLAY FINGER PRINT SCANNER - when is first arrived in other OnePlus device, it was in comparable to the op3 scanner speed. but now a large leap has been set with huge improvement. unlocking the phone with finger is the biggest advantage over fast unlocking. since in a day we would lock and unlock over 50 times. and especially while on the drive finger print saves the day and with this improvment, ONEPLUS 7 pro showed who is the boss.

apart from these the feature I would personally what ONEPLUS to improve in the direction would be
    1. lesser width - holding of phone and using it to slip in and out of pocket all depends on the phone size. the wider the phone becomes the harder it is. the phone needs to be lot more less wider so that carrying and using in one hand be much easier and feel safe. let it go taller a bit more yet lesser the width, better the phone.

2. full perental control - a phone which can send notification to the parent phone upon installing types of apps, duration of used, time and data and location access can help parents feel at ease of there children growth. since premium phone are not just for adults these days and google's find my phone integration inside a OnePlus phone perental control will be of great help.

the meme -

4. joshgmustang Cupcake Jun 19, 2019

joshgmustang, Jun 19, 2019 :
    Hands down the best phone screen I've experienced to date. Without a notch or punch out camera in the front, the screen feels very open and great for viewing content. The refresh rate makes for some fluid movement.

If I could offer a recommendation for improvement, one thing I still prefer from my old Motorola are the gestures/motions (in particular the ones used to open the camera or turn on flashlight).

As for a meme, I believe the "Shut up and take my money" meme is suitable.

5. H1560915502776 Cupcake Jun 19, 2019

H1560915502776, Jun 19, 2019 :
    My OP7 ( 2 weeks young ) crashed today morning ,,, completely blank . Need help to restart ,,, tried all normal methods of reboot .
    Any guidance helpful .

6. melihg98 Cupcake Jun 19, 2019

melihg98, Jun 19, 2019 :
    My favorite feature by far is the Quad HD Fluid AMOLED display! That 90hz refresh rate is something that I just can't get enough of!! Gaming for example is buttery smooth! Number two is definitely warp charge. I never worry about charging my phone overnight anymore. Give it 30 minutes in the morning and I'm all set for the day with its hefty 4,00mAh battery! Number three is the in-display fingerprint sensor. It works like a charm and since it is embedded in the display, you are finally greeted with a full screen bezel less phone! An improvement would be to bring the headphone jack. A lot of consumers including myself still use headphones/mics that are still in need of that 3.5mm headphone jack.

7. G1560919373775 Cupcake Jun 19, 2019

8. F_Himanshu_Khandelwal_Zp Cupcake Jun 19, 2019

9. F_Igor_Kovaliov_rWGS Cupcake Jun 19, 2019

F_Igor_Kovaliov_rWGS, Jun 19, 2019 :
    I am a long time Oneplus user and fan, been here since Oneplus 1. I bought Oneplus 7 Pro just recently and it has been a great pleasure to use this phone. I am already used to high refresh rates on the monitors and 90 Hz on a phone is a great feature. It makes everything so butter smooth, you can never go back though. Also, I love how the camera has improved, now it is now just a flagship killer, but a true flagship phone. I am also a big fan of Oxygen OS, it has the cleanliness of a stock Android, but also adds some great features and optimization. And please keep the mode switcher, it makes switching between silent and normal mode so much easier.
    I would suggest continuing to improve the camera and perfecting the screen (which is already great).
    Meme: The Oneplus 7 Pro is the same as Keanu Reeves, it is breathtaking :)
    Thank you for a great phone.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019

MR.BEN312 likes this.
  10. Rishabh_Agrawal_1Plus Eclair Jun 19, 2019

Rishabh_Agrawal_1Plus, Jun 19, 2019 :
    Update improves camera performance but still not satisfactory

--> Auto focussing is still much slower then poco f1 which i was using recently
    -->photos clicked with oneplus 7 are not sharp (in wide shots like architectural)
    -->48 megapixel mode colours are washed out
    -->saturation level is also a bit off as compared to oneplus 6t
    -->features like photo sphere can be added which we find in google camera to minimise the lack of ultra wide angle camera in oneplus 7 and older devices
    -->it would be better if night Scape use camera flash to further illuminate the scene
    -->pictures are grainy
    -->Pictures taken in nightscape is pixelated when zoomed a little . when i compared it to gcam night vision I found a huge difference
    ---->CAMERA NEEDS A MAJOR UPDATE SPECIALLY FOR AUTOFOCUSING AND SHARPNESS

--> Audio latency still there while playing audio through bluetooth headphones
    -->gradually increase volume option is missing for caller ringtones (which was there in miui)

-->recent apps animation can be smoother

-->there must be an option for disabling recently deleted folder in gallery app

--> Recognition of registered finger print becomes slow after some day (Is there anyone else who has faced such issues)

ONEPLUS IF YOU ARE SEEING THIS PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP

YOU LAUNCHED TWO SMARTPHONE THIS YEAR NOT ONE
    GIVE SOME ATTENTION TO ONEPLUS 7 TOO

11. Gio567full Honeycomb Jun 19, 2019

Gio567full, Jun 19, 2019 :
    The best features of the OnePlus 7 Pro are: The screen, the software, and the speakers. The combination of these three features makes the phone incredibly smooth (screen), incredibly efficient (software speed and features), and media consumption is incredible (screen and speakers). This is the smoothest phone I've used, and the shelf, the low-set folders, and the excellent connectivity make it a pleasure to navigate and find the things I need quickly and with minimal two-handed usgae.
    Please for the next update improve the battery like 6T

12. atishlp Cupcake Jun 19, 2019

atishlp, Jun 19, 2019 :
    it took around 1 hr 20 minutes to fully charge my OnePlus 7 pro from 5% to 100%.

is this the expected behaviour?

13. Rajiv Mahatma Cupcake Jun 19, 2019

Rajiv Mahatma, Jun 19, 2019 :
    i like software and hardware both along with build quality

Should try to give wireless charging facility

14. Soulbruva Froyo Jun 19, 2019

Soulbruva, Jun 19, 2019 :
    yea. I get around 1hr15m charging from 5% to 100%. it variesq a bit tho depending on whether u use your phone while charging

15. atishlp Cupcake Jun 19, 2019

atishlp, Jun 19, 2019 :
    never used the phone in between charging it

16. The1Lion Lollipop Jun 19, 2019

The1Lion, Jun 19, 2019 :
    You can try long pressing the power button or power and volume down together. There was thread not too long ago with OP7P users (I think) having a similar issue and they were able to get the phone to respond to a power+volume down (again I think it was volume down, but if that doesn't work then try power+volume up). If plugging it into a PC also doesn't get a response then you will need to RMA it through OnePlus

17. U1560887772022 Cupcake Jun 19, 2019

18. TysonSW Froyo Jun 19, 2019

TysonSW, Jun 19, 2019 :
    • What are your favorite features
      • The speed is fantastic and I really feel like this was a big upgrade from my previous phones.
      • Double 4G standby. I no longer need to carry two phones for work and personal number.
      • Warp charge. I have only had the phone for 2 days but is chocked everytime when I see how fast it has charged.
    • Never Settle is about the constant pursuit of better. If you can only say one, which improvement should it be, and why?
      • Equalizer for, AUX, internal speakers and any audio playing Bluetooth device. For someone like me that listens to a lot of music this is a must. Not all headphones, speakers, PA systems are created equal. So for me to be able to fine tune how I want the audio out is very important.
    • [Bonus question] Which meme can best describe/fit this product?
    • [​IMG]

19. G_rohan_Chavan_EJpp Cupcake Jun 19, 2019

G_rohan_Chavan_EJpp, Jun 19, 2019 :
    Great phone . Truly the most powerful phone currently out there and what makes it so fluid experience is the smooth oxygen os it never loose it's fluidity and always makes the one plus 7 great buy for a consumer. The only improvement is the music quality delivered when one plug's into the oneplus 7 device and I suggest the team at OnePlus can make their own music app with a equaliser support for best audio production through the type c earphones

20. P1560956342534 Cupcake Jun 19, 2019

P1560956342534, Jun 19, 2019 :
    Definitely love my new OnePlus 7 mobile. But one problem I have been facing now is Low mic volume while making call through speaker. The other person is not able to hear at all, very low volume. I need to shout out loud for the other person to hear. It's very disappointing. Pls resolve.