[Winners Announced] OnePlus 7 Series: Review and Spread the word

1. CrownedSusanoo Honeycomb Jun 13, 2019

CrownedSusanoo, Jun 13, 2019 :
    If it's one thing to mention about this device, It's the screen. It's big, smooth, immersive and it's 90Hz refresh rate makes this the smoothest experience I've ever seen in a mobile device. I personally love the inclusion of a dedicated screen recorder for videogame content and it's dedicated Gaming/Fnatic mode. It's lack of a headphone jack or an IP rating isn't quite a deal breaker seeing as I rarely use the 3.5mm jack and it's reliable water resistance is quite fine as is. Performance hasn't been an issue so far thanks to it's 12Gb Ram, 256Gb Rom, Adreno 640 GPU and a Snapdragon 855 Soc. Games run with no issues whatsoever! I've owned many devices from several companies thus far. Samsung, TCL, Lg, Motorola, Nokia and Blackberry. But none of these companies has ever once made me ever consider buying a second or even a third device like OnePlus has. From the OnePlus One to the OnePlus 3T. And now for the first time, I truly know what fast and smooth really feels like with my brand new OnePlus 7 Pro. A job well done, OnePlus. For me, you've done what no other company has. Keep up the excellent work and look forward to my purchase of another product in the not so far future.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019

David Y. likes this.
  2. ANAND_KRISHNAN_ONEPLUS Cupcake Jun 13, 2019

ANAND_KRISHNAN_ONEPLUS, Jun 13, 2019 :
    software : oxygen os is so good
    hardware : loved ram management
    cons: no headphone jack ( atleast include converter)
    never settle OnePlus consider cons

3. the_o2 Marshmallow Jun 13, 2019

the_o2, Jun 13, 2019 :
    Make it a 7 and other 7 pro ;):p
    Hope future is bright :D

The1Lion and GopalB. like this.
  4. GopalB. Nougat Jun 13, 2019

GopalB., Jun 13, 2019 :
    Not if I follow your instructions... :p

the_o2 likes this.
  5. Alan__v__john Cupcake Jun 13, 2019

6. Guilherme Fontes Honeycomb Jun 13, 2019

Guilherme Fontes, Jun 13, 2019 :
    • Three of my favorite OnePlus 7 Pro's features are:
    > The bloatless OS that OnePlus offers making the experience super smooth;
    > The top notch chipset is inside every OnePlus device, including the OnePlus 7 Pro making it very future proof;
    > The new screen of the OnePlus 7 Pro just changes the way we use smartphones, with it's 90 Hz refresh rate display and Quad HD resolution it's a breeze scrolling and playing videogames with it.

• OnePlus really tries to balance their phones with what users like and dislike however there are features that could have been installed in the OnePlus 7 Pro that would make the difference, even if not a lot of people use it. I'm talking about wireless charging. Personally I would like to have the choice to just put the phone on the bedside table and just leave it charging while I'm sleeping if I have had a long day and need to wake up and go straight to work again.

• The meme that better desribes the OnePlus 7 Pro, and any OnePlus phone in general, I think it's this one:
    1560434909295.jpg

https://images.app.goo.gl/KFK4NWsNvfVggXHA8

Soap_Mac and David Y. like this.
  7. jlasensiofi KitKat Jun 13, 2019

8. ArySorento Cupcake Jun 13, 2019

ArySorento, Jun 13, 2019 :
    Am 1+7p liebe ich die PopUp-Kamera. Endlich nicht mehr beobachtet fühlen!
    Durch das Einklappen beim Fallen bekommt man hier auch die nötige Sicherheit in der Handhabung. Darüber hinaus liebe ich die Akkulaufzeit. OxygenOs ist einfach perfekt abgestimmt und toll ist, dass man selbst die Leistung (FHD+ oder QHD, 60 oder 90hz) von Gerät und Akku anpassen kann. Ausserdem bietet OnePlus eine tolle Update-Politik.

Never Settle: Die Akkulaufzeit weiter optimieren und trotzdem elegant und schlank bleiben.

[​IMG]
    Original post: https://www.deviantart.com/michaeljlarson/art/King-Ghidorah-in-a-Nutshell-800176254

David Y. likes this.
  9. vijay l daswani Froyo Jun 13, 2019

vijay l daswani, Jun 13, 2019 :
    Speed with smoothness coved mind-blowing display for ever fastest performance, charging ,speed and trusted
    processor 855 faster camera triple High class quality 48 rear sensor fast charging all in one
    #oneplus7pro
    #neversettel

10. Kmr Swapnil Cupcake Jun 13, 2019

Kmr Swapnil, Jun 13, 2019 :
    favorite features-
    1.OXYGEN OS -
    Really I can't live without it since i've used it. It also gets updated time to time. Some of its tools that I find useful are;-
    1. Notification icons now show up on our own preference.
    2. Zen Mode- let's me use my time my way.
    3. Fnatic mode- gaming is Just wow.
    4.Screen Recording- it is the best screen recorder I've ever used.
    2.SND 855 SoC- 855 brings a major upgrade on graphic intesive gaming, RAM management and so the snappy device gets more snappier now.
    3.LOUDSPEAKER- it can now fill up entire room with clear,crisp and richer sound output.

usage scenarios-
    1. Gaming (PUBG is like butter on this device)
    2. Switching between apps.
    3. Gesture controls.
    4. Watching videos or listening music.
    5.In hand feel of the OP7 is great due to its curved edges on the back.
    6. One handed use.

improvement-
    some of the little tweaks that I wanted to see in OP7 are-
    1. Flushed camera bump.(if not flushed, than even a slightly smaller camera bump)
    2.8GB variant with 128GB Storage option.
    3.An ultrawide camera insted of depth camera on the OP7.(depth camera is good but ultrawide camera would have made more sense)

EVEN WITH SOME MINOR DOWNSIDES NOBODY COULD BEAT OP7 UNDER 33K PRICE CATEGORY. IT IS EVEN BETTER THAN MOBILES OVER 1000$ LIKE IPHONE, SAMSUNG etc

meme-
    IMG_20190613_201211.JPG

Attached Files:

11. fionny Honeycomb Jun 13, 2019

fionny, Jun 13, 2019 :
    • What are your favorite features (hardware/software, up to 3) and in which usage scenarios do they offer the best experience?

Hardware: The screen, its fantastic, a completely uninterrupted screen with such a crisp and fast display is great to finally have, I love the lack of any comprimised notches or hole punch etc... amazing. Usage scenario is ALL USAGE!

Software: The ROM is fast and efficient, Setup was a doodle, not bogged down with useless unwanted apps, some really positive additions to Android too. Usage scenario is ALL USAGE!

• Never Settle is about the constant pursuit of better. If you can only say one, which improvement should it be, and why?

Wireless Charging: I feel its loss sorely, I have now redundant peripherals I'd love to still be able to use, wireless charging is convenient, in the office drop your phone on the charger etc.... You should seriously get adding this in future OnePlus phones

• [Bonus question] Which meme can best describe/fit this product?
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

12. pjoshi260 Cupcake Jun 13, 2019

pjoshi260, Jun 13, 2019 :
    Oneplus 7 pro features that i liked :

1.Stupendous display with a 90 hz refresh rate, I was bedazzled by looking at the screen for the first time. It is extremely smooth.

2. The UI is neat it feels like i am using a pure android since i have been a Nexus/Pixel user from last 4 years i don't find much of a difference overall in the UI.

3.Snapdragon 855 chipset improves the overall performance of the phone there is no lag even with the multitasking. I get almost a full day of battery with a single charge kudos to that..(p.s. This is with normal usage).

4. Stereo speakers does a great job, the over all sound quality is very good.

5. Though it is not officially water resistant but i guess it works just fine even if you splash some water. I did mistakenly splash some water and i don't see no difference.

Things that needs to be improved :

1. I think Oneplus has got to do some more work in the camera software and i believe they are doing so as there have already been couple of updates that has improved the over all quality, but still sometimes i find the software is messing up the saturation of the image. Looking at the efforts that Oneplus is putting i guess they will get it sorted soon enough.

2. I did notice a lag not sure if its software or something else but after disconnecting the call i can still see the call in progress in the notification bar this is for couple of seconds then it goes away.

Overall i would say Oneplus Nailed It..!!!

1560438325074.jpg

David Y. and Vijiyendiran like this.
  13. Tostasa Eclair Jun 13, 2019

Tostasa, Jun 13, 2019 :
    I have Oneplus 7 and i love this battery, this camera and finally this speed [e]1f60d[/e]
    Firstly - battery, it is minimum 7h screen on time, it sounds unpossible but with OnePlus 7 it is possible and charging this monster take only one hour with warp charge.
    Secondly - camera, night photos are amazing, but what will I tell, you can see it [e]1f60d[/e]
    Finally speed, this is the fastes Phone on the market which cost only 569 euro - yes, I said only because i think that it isn't a lot of money for a real flagship phone.
    This is my first OnePlus phone but certainly not the last one. I had phones from sansung, lg and huawei but none was as good as OnePlus is.
    I think that You can improve only one thing - fingerprint scanner could be faster.
    1560439429027.jpg

1560438920271.jpg

1560438952657.jpg

Attached Files:

14. MelissaM4567 Cupcake Jun 13, 2019

MelissaM4567, Jun 13, 2019 :
    Can’t wait
    So funny

15. Pacomdta Gingerbread Jun 13, 2019

Pacomdta, Jun 13, 2019 :
    Sd 855 is sooper smooth
    Display is [e]1f525[/e][e]1f525[/e][e]1f525[/e]
    Speakers are loud
    Color looks beautiful
    Camera is so clear
    Loved Oneplus experience

16. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Jun 13, 2019

Cheetosdust, Jun 13, 2019 :
    Write a review about the OnePlus 7 with your tears :D:p

GopalB. likes this.
  17. GopalB. Nougat Jun 13, 2019

GopalB., Jun 13, 2019 :
    The pain is real... :rolleyes::cry:

Cheetosdust likes this.
  18. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Jun 13, 2019

Mani5119 and GopalB. like this.
  19. E1560441483325 Cupcake Jun 13, 2019

E1560441483325, Jun 13, 2019 :
    I love the camera ..it's awesome take pretty pics and the design of one plus 7 is pretty good I love the hardware of phone ..
    it's a no lag phone which provides a great experience and we can use many apps every second without lagging
    I love it ..it's an awesome phone .

20. James Matthew Wells Honeycomb Jun 13, 2019

James Matthew Wells, Jun 13, 2019 :
    • My favorite features are 90hz screen which makes the user experience so much better and the phone so much more fluid and fast. Next, I love the speed and ease of Warp Charge. Finally, the new software features such as OnePlus Labs gives me the fine tuning ability I crave.
    • Ditch the pop-up selfie camera and go for a behind the screen camera to make face unlock easier. you-got-a-new-cell-phone-tell-me-how-amazing-it-is.jpg

David Y. likes this.