[Winners Announced] OnePlus 7 Series: Review and Spread the word

1. Thetechfo
    Cupcake Jun 13, 2019

Thetechfo , Jun 13, 2019 :
    I LOVE my Oneplus 7 Pro.

The all-screen design is amazing for video consumption, especially for me since I came from a s10+ with that horrendous front camera placement. The front display fingerprint on this is insanely fast, about quadruple the speed of the one on the s10+, making it much more practical for me to use. I am definitely loving the new WARP charge, the charge speeds are so fast they make up for the lack of wireless charging.

Since I am only allowed 1 improvement choice, I’d have to go with the battery. For me, it’s the only real lackluster with Oneplus’s devices. My s10+ will go a couple hours more compared to the Oneplus 7 Pro, the addition of warp charging helps with that problem, but its still there, and it needs to be improved upon, something in Oneplus’s battery/battery usage design is just wrong.

Now then, I am gonna say something different for the “bonus” question about memes. Don’t Do Meme Marketing!
    1)
    They have a minimal shelf-life, so when people are coming back next year to pick up old models and see that advertising, it produces real cringe.
    2) meme’s have a short lifespan, from a couple days-a week-maybe 2 and that ad you spent all that time on is dead.
    3) Many many companies have tried “meme” marketing and it does not work for millennial's/ gen-z kids, they produce awkward ads that don’t help with purchases and look bad in the future. Stay Away From Memes, say it with me once more, Stay Away From Memes!
    4) Memes are not universal, 1 is funny in america and is not in France, for example.

2. Deagle311
    Donut Jun 13, 2019

3. Deagle311
    Donut Jun 13, 2019

4. I1560454649696
    Cupcake Jun 13, 2019

5. O1557921838583
    Cupcake Jun 13, 2019

O1557921838583 , Jun 13, 2019 :
    Hi, I am a first time user of a OnePlus device. I own the OnePlus 7, and the top three features that I feel make this device unique are:
    1. RAM and memory: make the device buttery smooth. The UFS 3.0 storage makes memory intensive apps and storage applications such as unzipping files a breeze.
    2. OxygenOS: I've always been a fan of stock android since the early days of its inception, and this UI feels a lot like stock android alongwith helpful additions here and there, meant to make everyday life a bit easier. Makes this particular smartphone way more smarter than its peers.
    3. "Dash" charging: I know this is quite old, but for someone who came from a lesser smartphone, this is a revolution. I literally charge my phone for an hour everyday before work and it runs for the entire day.

I guess the only improvement we can have so as to "Never Settle" is to have a good in-hand experience of every customer. And that means perfecting the design of the phone and OxygenOS. Every little tweak you make to the phone, considering it has been given proper thought, I think would make it an exponential, long term increment as opposed to an ephemeral one.

meme:
    1560458358764.jpg
    Cheers!

6. M1559956110159
    Cupcake Jun 13, 2019

7. floridaboi
    Donut Jun 13, 2019

floridaboi , Jun 13, 2019 :
    What are your favorite features(hardware/software, up to 3) and in which usage scenarios do they offer the best experience?

1. OLED 6.67" display with 90 mhz refresh rate without notch offers immersive fluid experience no matter if you are playing games or watching movies.

2. Warp Charging when you really need quick charge vs waiting for hours for full charge.

3. Oxygen OS with streamlined intuitive experience without apps that clutter your phone.

Never Settle is about the constant pursuit of better. If you can only say one, which improvement should it be, and why?

1. Wireless charging that supports Warp speed charging because wireless charging is so much more convenient than having wires/cables.

[Bonus question] Which meme can best describe/fit this product?

The one that says "The only thing that OnePlus changed, is everything."

8. malicovjek
    Cupcake Jun 13, 2019

malicovjek , Jun 13, 2019 :
    1. Display - combined with the 90Hz its just amazing. I dont onow what to say more.

Speed - The SD 855 with the software is incredibly fast. Best smartphone ever.

Warp Charge - I had wireless charger for my last phone but this technology is so fast that I can't believe how fast the OP 7 PRO charges.

2. Maybe wireless charging but on the other side warp charge is enough.

3. The best meme that would fit the OP 7 PRO is : Feast your eyes on this phone.

I dont have to say much because I am amazed with this OnePlus 7 PRO.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019

9. biran.omer
    Cupcake Jun 13, 2019

biran.omer , Jun 13, 2019 :
    Features I like the most:
    1. The edge to edge screen.
    The fact that the selfie camera is popped out makes the screen and the phone looks amazing and the design of it is so perfect, the edged screen and screen ratio is the best I've ever seen.

2. The speed of launching apps and working with the phone, everything runs so smoothly!

What to improve :
    1. The fingerprint configuration, please add an option to improve the current finger print instead of deleting it and add it again. At the beginning my fingerprint wasn't good enough and after like 4 different tries it seems that now it recognize my finger fast enough.

2. The camera software, as Google use AI to create a better photos I'm expecting that your 3 cameras should provide better results in case of the software optimization to this specific hardware, seems like the 3 camera are not wisely used.

10. 7r.st1
    Froyo Jun 13, 2019

7r.st1 , Jun 13, 2019 :
    The best thing about the OnePlus lineup is the blazing speed and smoothness of the software. Affordability too; Even though the OnePlus phones are moving into premium prize territory, it's somehow still VERY worth it to buy a OnePlus phone instead of iPhone or Samsung. These features aren't really useful in some situations, they are what defines the phone and will improve your experience with it the whole time it's in your pocket.

I can hardly think of any improvements my OnePlus 7 Pro needs. It's straight up perfect for me.

For the meme I'll take the:
    Normal people: Wow, that's a great phone!
    Me, an intellectual: Wow, that's a OnePlus-like phone!

11. DVNK09
    Gingerbread Jun 14, 2019

DVNK09 , Jun 14, 2019 :
    What are the 3 best features?

1. The best hardware feature for me that I have seen in the
    OnePlus 7 Pro would have to be the camera's durability against other forces and how many times it can be opened along with the ability to glide back inside of this device from the response of falling.

2. 90 Hertz refresh rate is prioritized to me because it changs everything about a phone that is noticeable and it makes the experience so much easier and nicer, especially whenever you need to access your device.

3. Digital well-being has been a long-awaited feature that gives a lot of access to see how I have spent my time.

Usage scenarios:

1. For the durability, this could be useful whenever sliding out of my hand.

2. This 90 Hertz refresh rate would be most useful whenever you are in a business meeting or trying to do something very quickly and need to access your phone for just a quick moment load any application, possibly business, as well as gaming.

3. The digital well-being is useful for whenever you would like to see how you were using your time and you are day and make sure that you are spending time in the correct areas.

What improvement should be made?

To specify one improvement that I would manipulate if I were able to change it would be the change to how currently the fingerprint sensor is inside of the device and not on the back, it is easier to access my phone, this being said it changes the software, it can't just unlock your phone without turning it on from the fingerprint scanner.

Meme:

1560471016901.jpg

elitegenius likes this.
  12. elitegenius
    Eclair Jun 14, 2019

elitegenius , Jun 14, 2019 :
    1. Display: LITERALLY EVERYTHING
    2. Popup Camera: Showing off Phone to friends. They are really impressed with the space-age coolness factor of the camera smoothly sliding out.
    3. Color: Mirror Grey is Underrated. The other colors are incredible, don't get me wrong; but Mirror Grey is Gorgeous! Gives the Phone what I like to call the "Black Monolith" Look.

One Thing to further Never Settle:
    The Software behind taking pictures. Then again I haven't yet gotten the latest update as a T-Mobile User (9.5.6, not 9.5.7...*sadness*...)

Meme:
    https://media.tenor.co/images/56fce3bcf4847d499c7f69e04ec3e508/raw

13. X1552924727367
    Froyo Jun 14, 2019

X1552924727367 , Jun 14, 2019 :
    The three things I enjoy on this device.
    - The Display
    - The Speakers
    - The smoothness of the software

I think the new display helps in regards to looking at pictures as it helps improve the sharpness and clarity of each picture.
    Also I enjoy the speakers now as I am hearing impaired so the dual speakers help greatly.

For improvement I will definitely raise the brightness nits as I feel this is quite low still, even on full max Brightness.

Meme - "Notch" going to settle but always going to never settle.

HarshKK14 likes this.
  14. G_Patty_Conley_Rodriguez
    Cupcake Jun 14, 2019

G_Patty_Conley_Rodriguez , Jun 14, 2019 :
    me and my husband just got two OnePlus 7 Pro and we love it so much we took a walk and took pictures and made a video while we walked ,we love the clearity of the photos and video we ,after that we downloaded some apps and they was done in seconds,they are very fast ,we choose the blue it's very beautiful, but we think they are all beautiful and since it didn't come fully charged when we charged them they were charged very fast , and taking out of the box we got a new is update which is very smooth and fast ,the size perfect almost 6.7 with a pop-up camera, we don't about other people but to us it's a very great phone and it is good for streaming videos and playing games

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019

15. HarshKK14
    Froyo Jun 14, 2019

HarshKK14 , Jun 14, 2019 :
    that was epic[e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e]

16. F1548598865051
    Cupcake Jun 14, 2019

F1548598865051 , Jun 14, 2019 :
    Je suis devenu un défenseur invétéré de OnePlus, et ce sera la marque de mes futurs téléphones.
    J'aime énormément la fonctionnalité de gestes rapides que je trouve très pratique étant donné que j'écoute beaucoup de musique, et j'utilise souvent la lampe torche de mon téléphone. Je m'en sers sans arrêt et je pourrais plus faire sans.
    J'aime aussi le fait de pouvoir faire dérouler le menu du haut via le détecteur d'empreinte digitale ainsi que la batterie mon dieu que ça fait du bien d'avoir une vraie batterie.
    Il serait intéressant de rajouter un infrarouge je pense.
    Merci pour ce concours et gagner un OnePlus pour un premier concours ce serait incroyable.
    Et voici le meme qui décrit le mieux la vie avec un OnePlus.
    1560473943778.jpg

17. sarthak@sark
    Honeycomb Jun 14, 2019

18. Soulbruva
    Gingerbread Jun 14, 2019

Soulbruva , Jun 14, 2019 :
    Favourite features:

1.Obviously the 90hz screen. Smooth as butter when scrolling and going through apps. It just feels so fast.

2. The pop up camera is slick and cool. Love the sound it makes when opens and closes. And the face unlock is pretty nifty and fast.

3. I love the display! It's so mesmerizing and vibrant! Can watch videos in it's FULL glory without any distractions [e]1f609[/e]

The one improvement I'd like is in the camera department. I wish we could record video in wide angle lens.

1560478121094.jpg
    Pay extra for IP rating but warranty not covered for water damage...

Attached Files:

19. Nfelipe92
    Cupcake Jun 14, 2019

Nfelipe92 , Jun 14, 2019 :
    I just did my pro order and I am very excited for your arrival. I'm going to change from Iphone. I have seen many videos of the Oneplus and they are all positive. you only need the wireless charge to be perfect.

20. QuickThumb
    Froyo Jun 14, 2019

QuickThumb , Jun 14, 2019 :
    My 3 most favorite things about the OnePlus 7 Pro:

1. Look and Feel: The screen's size, fullness,curves and picture quality make it feel like a phone of the future. I like the hefty weight of it in my hand too as it is very well balanced.

2. Gesture Navigation: While I feel the touch zones still need some minor tweaking to work more consistently, I love that I no longer accidentally tap home when trying to tap the spacebar while typing.

3. Camera Locations: Love the popup selfie cam; futuristic and doesn't get finger smudges. I like the central position of the rear cameras; no more fingertips in the corner of pictures and my fingers don't smudge them while holding the phone in landscape orientation.

My most wanted suggestion: When activating Google Assistant on my bullet wireless 2's, I'd like to hear a little sound cue to let me know she's listening.

Meme:
    leo the games begin.jpeg