[Winners Announced] OnePlus 7 Series: Review and Spread the word

1. mikeholmes27
    Cupcake Jul 8, 2019

mikeholmes27 , Jul 8, 2019 :
    • What are your favorite features (hardware/software, up to 3) and in which usage scenarios do they offer the best experience?
    Oxygen OS software is by far the best OS I've used, but this is a given as past models included this software. By far my favorite feature for this and past models is the dual sim option. My job requires me to carry a phone, so I use the 2nd sim tray to avoid having to carry 2 phones. I also use the data from my work sim, so I have reduced my monthly bill by more than half for my personal phone. 2nd feature is notchless display. I read a lot on my phone, and it makes reading a lot more functional. And pairing that with my 3rd favorite feature, reading mode, this phone is ideal for myself.
    • Never Settle is about the constant pursuit of better. If you can only say one, which improvement should it be, and why?
    Always on display would be nice, I loved this feature on my Samsung S7 Edge. Also, brighter display, as in direct sunlight it can be difficult to see what's on my screen.
    • [Bonus question] Which meme can best describe/fit this product?
    Never Settle.. Unless you have to choose a mobile device... In that case, choose the OnePlus 7 Pro.

2. prajwal@rahul
    Donut Jul 8, 2019

prajwal@rahul , Jul 8, 2019 :
    Best features
    1. Of course the screen ... 90Hz refresh rate... it's really buttery smooth... can't imagine using any other phone than this
    2. Fnatic mode... OnePlus had out did themselves with the gaming mode... but we never settle ... so the fnatic mode brings more... gaming has become just smoother than ever.... no lags no frame drops.... everything is just fast and smooth...
    3. Wide angle camera and telephoto zoom lens... it is really useful when using camera in the outdoor... capturing more with less distance... who wouldn't love it..

Improvements.
    One thing everyone's been looking forward to is the wireless charging ... I know OnePlus has been delaying it only because they want to give the best experience of wireless charging too... but that's one improvement I would like

meme...

People constantly telling SETTLE DOWN
    I say ... I use OnePlus I NEVER SETTLE
    View attachment 1062970

3. prajwal@rahul
    Donut Jul 8, 2019

prajwal@rahul , Jul 8, 2019 :
    Can u translate?

4. mv.shashank123
    Cupcake Jul 8, 2019

mv.shashank123 , Jul 8, 2019 :
    The display of this is the actual thing which sets this phone apart from other phones is the QHD+ amoled with 90hz refresh rate along with HDR10+ support provides a great viewing experience. The phone having Snapdragon 855 coupled with 6/8/12gb ram makes this phone a beast. On top of that having Oxygen OS ends up giving the most smoothest and snappiest experience that any phone can provide. The navigation gestures of oxygen OS are by far the best gestures you could get on a phone. I feel the cameras could have been better or it could be fixed by a software update which could improve the image processing and also allow to take 48 mp photos from the primary sensor. NightScape is pretty good which allows to recover most of the environment features under low light conditions. The battery life of the phone is pretty solid I get around 6-8 hours of screen on time which helps me get through the day. The warp charge 30 is crazy fast and is the fastest charging solution on any phone. The selfie camera makes it the one with the popped up eye.

5. Nidhii Singh
    Donut Jul 8, 2019

Nidhii Singh , Jul 8, 2019 :
    All the features of the OnePlus 7 pro are the best I've ever experienced and used, some of the best features are-

1. Camera: OnePlus 7 pro offers one of the best picture clicking experiences. The quality is just over the roof! I accidently once dropped my phone while clicking a selfie and the selfie camera automatically went in instantly, hence leading to no damage. The camera quality can be easily seen in the following click I captured one random rainy evening!

View attachment 1062961

2. The speed of the phone is super awesome due to it's exceptional RAM speed. Multitasking is super easy in this phone. The memory is also extraordinary.

3- Durability- This phone is an extremely strong phone, front and back. As I mentioned earlier I had dropped my phone on a concrete floor and there was really no damage whatsoever.

I really don't know what to say regarding a bad feature about this phone since the phone is practically amazing but if I had to say one thing it would be:

The selfie camera automatically has popped once or twice in my pocket while receiving a call, which is quite dangerous for the camera cause it may break.

I think the best meme suitable for this phone is:

1562605153712.jpg

Thank you so much!
    Nidhi Singh
    India- Mumbai

6. W1562431627142
    Cupcake Jul 8, 2019

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019

7. G_AshrithReddy19
    Cupcake Jul 8, 2019

G_AshrithReddy19 , Jul 8, 2019 :
    I got my one plus on the first day since then it got switched off suddenly by itself and whenever I'm at call with someone it automatically open few apps while on call there are quite few issues with mobile and whenever it switchs off I get a mini heart attack because off its cost and apart from that my father will not appreciate if I ask him for a new mobile lol and I have never dropped it or put the phone into variety off tests thank you and help me out community

8. Nidhii Singh
    Donut Jul 8, 2019

Nidhii Singh , Jul 8, 2019 :
    OnePlus 7 pro is one of the best phones I've ever used and it has super extraordinary features, all are awesome and naming only 3 will be hard but to name the best features:

1. Camera: The camera quality is extravagant. It literally captures details and is really superb. Also the selfie camera automatically goes in on detecting a fall as I have personally experienced myself. Here is a picture I clicked one rainy evening justifying the quality of this beautiful camera.

1562609245831.jpg

2. Speed: The phone is exceptionally fast due to it's even more exceptional RAM, making everything very easy quick and efficient to use ( Fingerprint scanner, lock screen, switching between apps) Battery life really couldn't have been any better.
    As I'm a game freak, I play a lot of pubg and the game works so well on this phone that it is just unbelievable.

3. Durability: No phone can match the durability and strength of this phone. The front and back both are extremely durable and strong. My phone had fell on a concrete surface once and came out clean.

There are really no faults in this phone it's just perfect but if I have to say one then it'll be:

That I'm not able to charge and listen to music at the same
    time due to no Jack. Otherwise this phone couldn't have gotten any better.

A meme which describes this product the best according to me is:

1562609624126.jpg

Thank you!
    Nidhi Singh
    India- Mumbai

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019

9. vipinvenz
    Cupcake Jul 8, 2019

vipinvenz , Jul 8, 2019 :
    I simply love it. I'm THE customer since OnePlus one, 3 and now this 7 pro. This is the most expensive phone I've ever owned. Firstly I thought I will not buying this because it is a bit higher at the price, I did 4-5 month of research and end buying it and I have no regret at all. love be the part of this community and hopefully will continue. cheers to OnePlus

10. Jasot0501
    Donut Jul 8, 2019

Jasot0501 , Jul 8, 2019 :
    An Average Guy’s review of the OnePlus 7 Pro

As any obsessive frugal man, husband, dad (of 3) understands, a phone purchase is a big deal. Huge commitment (add to kids college fund or buy a new phone). Consequently, I began reading about Oneplus back in the 5 era, and followed them to the present. About early December, I concluded that it was time to replace my LG V20. This replaced a LG V10 that broke, filed an insurance claim they replaced the 10 with the 20, I think this was around January of 2017. Roughly, I have used the phone for 2.5 years. I had no complaints, it was just getting sluggish, very sluggish. I began looking for phones back in December of 2018. The 6T was very popular and I had pretty much decided by January I was going to pull the trigger and purchase a 6T. OH, wait, what is this? This review says Oneplus is going to drop a 7 around May. WHAT? Well, doesn't this present crisis, what do I do? Do I commit to what I know I can get? The 6T or hold out for the unknown, The 7? Well, I waited, and as my previous two divorces have taught me, I can live (for a short time) with less than desirable situations. Thus, I wait for the 7.
    Needless to say, I wish I were as smart about my phone selection as I were about past wives. I purchased my 7 pro father’s day weekend. It was partly my Father's Day gift and I financed the rest (praying no divorce in the next few years ...from the phone).
    I have had zero regrets about my commitment to the OnePlus 7 Pro! To start off with, and to put this in guy’s terms, my v20 became the commitment of 30 years, kinda boring, but comfortable, and functional, hoping it didn’t crap out daily, just getting through each day. The 7 Pro, is the commitment that has been working out for the past year, got really cut, had cosmetic surgery 3 months ago, and looks absolutely stunning! Other guys turn their heads when I have it in my hand, stunning.
    I am not going to spend time on the photo ability of this phone; for multiple reasons: 1. No clue about the intricacies of photography. 2. Does the average guy REALLY care about taking pics? Like seriously, I only take pics with this phone when my wife asks, as she has an Iphone 8 and has already concluded my 7 pro takes better pics. 3. I’ve seen a lot of commentary about the selfie camera being mechanized; it is designed to pop out 100,000 times before it may wear out. I am not speaking for all men, but I do think for quite a few; that is probably 99,975 more times that I will need to take selfies over the life of the phone.
    Now, what I think that matters to dudes.
    The display, is amazing. I keep reading that the 90 mHz refresh rate is what makes the difference. Apparently most phones have a 60 mHz refresh rate. What I do know is that when I replaced my old 55 inch TV with my 65 inch 4K TV and watch original Netflix movies; The display on the 7 Pro is very comparable, meaning, it is the closest to 4K in my hand I have experienced.
    The speed. Remember that car you had in high school? I promise that was my v20, or most likely the phone you are presently using. my 7 Pro is my race car (insert your favorite NASCAR/INDY driver name here), it is like upgrading to a Ferrari. I am not being dramatic here, I cannot convey the immediate response this phone has when I tap on any app, scroll down, or whatever. It is smooth as ice (from a guy who grew up in Iowa).
    The battery. UH MAZING. I have tried to drain this battery throughout the day. Unless you are doing 10 hours of bluetooth, gps, and streaming, I am not sure you can drain this battery in less than 10-12 hrs. The Warp charge is awesome. I plug it in for 30 minutes before I leave the house for work and I am pretty much set for the day until I get back about 10 hours later, charge it for 15 minutes, and I am good until bedtime (around 11 or 12). After using the phone for about a week, a notification appeared asking to activate “Adaptive Battery”, of course I activated it. Since then, I get notifications that tells me if an app is draining the battery; asks me if I want to keep it running or stop it. Since then, the battery has yet to drop below 75% after 8 hours of use. I leave it on all night, use the alarm, and the battery loses about 8-10% overnight. This equates to a 10-15 minute charge to reach 100% for the day and no worries until the next morning.
    The curved sides. This was a “meh” feature for me. I had seen the Samsung interpretation from past phones, it was a take it or leave it feature for me. What I have discovered with my 7 pro, the curved sides allow increased surface area to touch the screen (insert a “No S&%$” comment here). The functionality of this feature is this: those of us who have large fingers, we can actually touch images on the edges of the screen without attempting 5 times, and cursing a bit, because with non curved edges, we frequently hit the edge of the phone, not the edge of the screen, and nothing happens. For example, touching the “x” in Chrome to close a tab. This was a challenge on my V20, no, no issues and no cursing.
    The “slide toggle”. I kept seeing this mentioned in various reviews, I guess it flew over me. I didn’t really get it. I was getting frustrated after a few days when I realized I always had to go into setting to activate silent or vibration. Last week, next to the power button, I discovered this slide switch. What do you know? The down position is ring, middle is vibrate, top position is silent. This is VERY handy!
    The sound. The speakers that this phone has are impressive. There is not your typical “tinny’ sound as with most phones. The speaker can hold their own. They can reach a decent level of loudness without distorting the quality of the music. Obviously not as good as my UE Megaboom, but they do pretty good for when I am at work and want to listen to music.
    The size of the phone works for me. This phone is narrower but longer than my V20. I was concerned I would notice this. I will have to say that I haven’t. In fact, I feel the phone not being as wide, feels more comfortable in my hand. There is just an ease of holding in my hand. Kind of effortless, feels natural. I cannot say this about my v20. It always had a slight awkward feeling, I am not sure I can describe it any other way.
    I absolutely love this phone. This may not be the most technical review you will ever read, however, I wanted to write this in a way that was for everyday use. I have read the reviews that I felt got hung up on things that the everyday user (like me) didn’t care a whole lot about, but a lot of the review was devoted to it. Thank you, hope you enjoy the phone as much as I do!

11. seanlole
    Cupcake Jul 8, 2019

seanlole , Jul 8, 2019 :
    - Fastest hardware, smooth screen and beautiful camera features. In the last eclipse i took excellent photos of it.

- what to improve? Making the keyboard more adjustable for the screen and making google vr compatible.

12. Ronak.Namsha
    Cupcake Jul 8, 2019

Ronak.Namsha , Jul 8, 2019 :
    favourite feature - My first ever experience of Android, Moving from iPhone. Gaming mode and smart RAM/battery utilisation feature. I don't need to carry charger now.

Never Settle - Camera hardware is above par. but not camera software, giving more cosmetic view and not the real one.

Meme :
    Hey Siri, Can you help me find best phone available in the market?
    Siri : here are the latest OnePlus 7 Series you must try.

13. Hero_Jack
    Cupcake Jul 8, 2019

Hero_Jack , Jul 8, 2019 :
    I love my OnePlus 7! I have bought it as a replacement to a 3-year-old phone, and the thing I was most interested in was the often-mentioned speed of the phones from this brand. Well, this phone does not disappoint, even though I bought the non-pro, 6 Gb version! I was afraid that the phone would be too big for me, but after using it, I actually love the big, vivid AMOLED screen. This screen, coupled with the fantastic Dolby Atmos speakers, which were a fantastic surprise, are great for watching Netflix or Youtube!

One thing I would have liked to see, would be the inclusion of some earphones or an adapter so buyers could easily listen to music despite the omission of a 3.5 mm entrance.

All in all, I’m extremely happy with the OnePlus 7, and I recommend it to anyone looking for a premium experience.

357j62.jpg

14. viandrkd
    Cupcake Jul 9, 2019

viandrkd , Jul 9, 2019 :
    Top features

I love the Oneplus 7 Pro.

1. One of my favorite features is the on-display fingerprint scanner. It’s great to have a fingerprint scanner, and it’s even better when it’s in an easy-to-reach position. Great for checking that quick text with the tap to wake feature, or to pull the phone out of my pocket already unlocked.

2. Another feature that has me in love with this device is the battery capacity. The staying power combined with the quick recharge of the warp charger makes it so that the phone is always ready to go, even on those 16-hour workdays.

3. Finally, and it’s a minor thing but for my usage it’s a huge plus, the quick screenshot gesture, along with the annotation capabilities. I screenshot something at least once a day, and sharing, deleting, annotating, cropping and on top of everything, the three finger swipe gesture makes it a dream to use.

What to improve?

I love the design, which includes the build quality, material choices and nebula blue finish of this phone, as well as the screen size. However, my biggest complaint is handling of the device. I think having a flat display instead of a curved display would greatly improve this phone’s handling, which given its size is already a tad complicated. It makes using a case the sensible choice, but again, I wouldn’t want to hide that beautiful design.

Which meme?

In the end, this phone is a perfect marriage between form and function, serving both ends equally well.

[​IMG]

15. Babhinav
    Cupcake Jul 9, 2019

Attached Files:

16. Y1558549207577
    Cupcake Jul 9, 2019

Y1558549207577 , Jul 9, 2019 :
    I bought this phone switching from a Moto z 2. This screen size and charging speed is not even comparable. The one plus is a true premium phone. The speakers blow away my Moto jbl add-on speaker.

17. G_Rahul_Chaturvedi_MBoL
    Cupcake Jul 9, 2019

G_Rahul_Chaturvedi_MBoL , Jul 9, 2019 :
    Good display and nice Oxygen OS. battery life is needed to be improved. Bring back headphone jack. I think the best meme will be to shout out to iphones and galaxies and say aloud ' KHAMOSH'.

18. J1561967242671
    Cupcake Jul 9, 2019

J1561967242671 , Jul 9, 2019 :
    this is my first one plus phone , one plus 7 mirror grey 8gb ram, 256 GB and I am loving it.
    favourite features:
    1. blazing fast speed of SD 855 and good hardware software optimisation
    2. great rear camera with good portrait and low light photography
    3. can play games in highest graphic settings without any lag or heating of phone
    4. good battery optimisation, dash charge works well

best used in
    1. gaming as its blazing fast
    2. day to day use: can open any number of apps without any lag
    3. photography
    4. transferring files: because of ufs 3 it is a breeze

can improve in
    1. headphone jack needed
    2. no need of seperate silent/ vibrate button, can incorporate in volume rocker
    3. wide angle camera in one plus 7 also
    4. please introduce all Colors of a model together, launching blue one plus 7 after 1.5 months of one plus 7 launch is poor marketing, customer trust goes
    5. some oleophobic coating on glass body of one plus as its a fingerprint magnet

1562641203120.jpg

19. F1562348452200
    Cupcake Jul 9, 2019

F1562348452200 , Jul 9, 2019 :
    What I like about OnePlus is firstly the software which is fast as hellll and such as clean as stock.Next,the display by using optic amoled the beauty of the display even better than other companies.Last, the quality of audio in each OnePlus devices which was dope
    For improvement, I would like Oneplus improve their camera especially in terms of saturation(please fix it)and the potrait mode in Oneplus 7.

20. Rohit_Kumar_Singh
    Cupcake Jul 9, 2019

Rohit_Kumar_Singh , Jul 9, 2019 :
    The features that I love in OnePlus which I use in daily life-

• Portable Speakers- I love music very much so I bought jbl go few months ago but after my OnePlus 7 I regret why I bought it. The dolby stereospeakers are so good that I hardly use jbl. With UFS 3.0 make it even great while tranferring music or video files very fast. Now I carry stunning music experience in my pocket.

• Gaming experience- I was pretty good with
    SND845 but here we never settle and SND855 with AMOLED display and dolby atmos give really awesome experience to me. I don't know how but I can feel fluidity over screen.Now I don't feel that I need any gaming laptop.

• Oxygen OS- I love the OnePlus team thought that they have look after the very small things like the patterns when we call someone, video enhancer and icons looks really nice. Zen mode, fnatic mode, screen recorder with awesome vibrating motors make it totally different beast.
    Overall if sombody say me to choose between iphone xs max and oneplus 7pro, without experiencing both of them i will go with 7pro with no doubts.

Everything is better for today users but I don't like the Google smart lock. The story behind this is- when I gave my phone to one of my friend he activated this mode and unlock without my fingerprints and I don't like it. Afer 5min he told me. I go outside the house to check the f ature but within the house he opens it.Now I don't give my phone to anyone unlocked because of it. I think team should do something or if possible remove it.

1562647188295.jpg