[Winners Announced] OnePlus 7 Series: Review and Spread the word

1. hiccupstix Donut Jul 9, 2019

hiccupstix, Jul 9, 2019 :
    You've embarked on such an opportunity with this device! That is not just a phone, that is a high specification computer - and an Arm-based CPU nonetheless, which is where the future of computing lies. Last Spring Cloudflare ditched Intel chips altogether in a mass migration to Arm, and this is just the beginning. So make the most of that little computer because while it may look gorgeous, it's not just a pretty phone. It's an armv8-based computer capable of virtualization (I've read several white papers even indicating NESTED virtualization is viable with this platform).

You have the whole world in the palm of your hands! Make the most of it! Install Termux and begin learning all about Unix-like filesystems, your journey has just begun and the sky is the limit!

srihariraghava likes this.
  2. asanderford Cupcake Jul 9, 2019

asanderford, Jul 9, 2019 :
    Been very impressed with the OnePlus 7 Pro. Software updates have improved the one thing I did not love in the beginning, camera quality. Now it's night pics are faster and better than the iPhone and on par with phones that cost hundreds more. I love the new screen with the high refresh rate. And I really enjoy the notch-less screen for gaming and reading. The only thing I would improve is the camera experience. It could be a little quicker on auto focus, and it could be a little better in darker indoor situations with people not posing.

• What are your favorite features (hardware/software, up to 3) and in which usage scenarios do they offer the best experience?
    • Never Settle is about the constant pursuit of better. If you can only say one, which improvement should it be, and why?
    • [Bonus question] Which meme can best describe/fit this product?

3. Will Brittan Cupcake Jul 9, 2019

Will Brittan, Jul 9, 2019 :
    I've been using this phone for a week now and I can say this: blown away. I've always been about Samsung to be honest, I loved their products and phones. Then I heard someone I know got a sweet deal on a OnePlus 5t and after comparing my S8 Plus with his, I was breathless. I heard about the 7 pro and did the only logical thing..
    buy one.

And was it worth it?

yes, it was

the pre applied screen protector shows the care that OnePlus puts into their devices and the carefulness we give our new phone, especially if it's as cool as this. the phones curved display and notch-less design provides hands down, the best watching experience on and device I've ever tried. the camera is extremely clear despite what some people may say and the 90hz display is the real kicker, smooth and elegant without draining battery life thanks to it's 4000 mah battery. despite having no official IP rating, OnePlus put better effort into waterproofing than I've seen on almost any phone with an IP certification. the lack of a headphone jack and no included dongle / earphones, is a disappointment that it easily averted thanks to their extremely clear Bullets Wireless that cost as much as an apple lightning cable and besides, what flagship device even has a audio jack anymore? (don't look so smug Samsung...).

the lack of Wireless charging isn't a problem thanks to it's Warp Charger which is useful to me as I usually fall asleep too late watching videos and fall asleep before I can charge the phone, not a worry with the charging speeds!

this phone really shines in the OS and speed department thanks to Oxygen OS' ability to speed up animations to 0.5x for a much faster experience than leading phones. I love this phone, no regrets made purchasing it. thanks OnePlus!

the 8gb model costs as much as an iPhone XR, which has the exact same pixel per square inch as an iPhone 4! (pretty goofed up there apple) and can't even keep up with the OnePlus abilities.

so the real question is this, should you buy a OnePlus 7 pro?
    or an iPhone XR?
    or a Samsung S10?
    or any other similarly priced flagship?

the choice is up to you, but I laid out the facts, the OnePlus is superior, atleast in my opinion.

(or you could be REALLY smart and save another 300 for the apple pro stand to hold a monitor that nobody can afford that is designed for use with a computer that nobody can afford or wants as it looks like a cheese grater)

(but whatever...)

1562709338467.jpg

srihariraghava likes this.
  4. Vam15169 Cupcake Jul 10, 2019

5. jrry8 Cupcake Jul 10, 2019

jrry8, Jul 10, 2019 :
    Favorite features:
    1. The bezel-less display. Phones with notches or punchouts are a deal breaker for me.
    2. Super fast charging. I never feel frustrated dealing with battery life or charging times because of warp charge. I've also never felt disappointed by the lack of wireless charging in my OnePlus devices because of the super fast charging.
    3. OxygenOS. It's well designed and it doesn't feel like there's any bloatware.
    Improvement:
    I think the fingerprint scanner is this phone's biggest weakness. It's not terrible and it's cool that it's under the display, but it feels noticeably slower and less accurate than a traditional scanner.

6. Dinesh_Mahamani Cupcake Jul 10, 2019

Dinesh_Mahamani, Jul 10, 2019 :
    1562729684745.jpg
    I never seen this type of speed on any phones including iPhone also but the oneplus is another level of speed.
    because this is 1+.on 2 July 2019, I told to my friend, Machi I'm going to buy OnePlus 7 pro da. he said to me wait is in the phone. I said to him macha that is OnePlus da.he never sacrifice.after buying the mob he saw the mobile and his designs he say first word is macha this is awesome da,I really happy to hear that word from my friend.so the oneplus is awesome.i buy oneplus for the speed and the another thing,I buy OnePlus 7 pro because of Mr.Robert Downey Jr. he is my favourite hero. I saw his OnePlus add more times.the OnePlus 7 camera is brilliant.because it have 48MP+16MP(wide)+8MP(depth).I not saw on the phone that is better this one better. I say the total oneplus is Excellent, Awesome,the design is lovely [e]1f49a[/e]

7. puneetgandhi86 Cupcake Jul 10, 2019

puneetgandhi86, Jul 10, 2019 :
    One Plus 7 Ear piece volume not upto the level, I mean its too low. Can you please suggest me any solution to this..

8. heyjinwei Cupcake Jul 10, 2019

heyjinwei, Jul 10, 2019 :
    the best feature for my oneplus 7 pro would definitely be the 90HZ bezel-less screen! Viewing content on this device is just such a huge pleasure and just scrolling through the menus are delightful. the animations and gesture controls are fluid and much appreciated. lastly, the speed of the device is phenomenal with it blazing through apps and might just make me a little bit impatient if I have to wait on my other devices like my older laptop.

my main gripe with the phone is not really to do with the phone but just sadly too little people use oneplus devices and as such, app integration could be improved. for example, it is impossible to reply to a person's story on instagram and the telegram video messages record the camera popup animation with it. (telegram video messages are on a loop so it becomes annoying to see multiple times)

1562730862395.jpg
    list of reasons why I don't like the phone

9. ADGC15 Eclair Jul 10, 2019

ADGC15, Jul 10, 2019 :
    The best feature in the 7 Pro that I find very interesting is that 90hz cruved display. I mean not even samsung puts that kind of a display on their phones. Another feature of the phone that is great is that pop-up camera, not because it pops-up. But because Oneplus managed to add some water proofing even if it's not certified. Let's not forget the OxygenOS. Simply the best android experince out there. Oh and that Haptic motor is handsdown one of the best. The best usage scenario I can think of is regular daily use. I mean the 7Pro is a great all around smartphone. Screen, build, battery, camera, price. It has all of it down.

I think Oneplus should improve the camera and get it up there with other flagship phones. Although we shouldn't forget to improve every other aspect of the phone. Maybe push a 120hz oled panel if they can, and make the phone have a smaller footprint *too big for small hands*.

1562731515967.jpg

hiccupstix likes this.
  10. Roshan Dehankar Cupcake Jul 10, 2019

11. mdsfahad97 Cupcake Jul 10, 2019

mdsfahad97, Jul 10, 2019 :
    'ONE PLUS, ALWAYS MY PLUS ONE'
    One plus has always withstand the users judgemental minds of the generation.
    The series has outdone itself, in terms of performance, battery life, features, and all and all in terms of price that it comes under.
    The one plus 7 has been my PLUS ONE for almost a couple of months and what i love about it can be described as
    !!!! The battery performance - Whhhooaaa! it's simply amazing, i mean i can travel to my workplace from my home in and under 10 percent of battery with my Bluetooth headsets connected
    !!!! The PUBG experience, Whats Lag? i don't know what that is since i bought this monstrous being, the feedback that it provides is amazing. The audio experience is also great, when we play in a single room, all my friends say that only i shall keep my audio on because it's audible to everyone.
    !!!! The amazing Ram boost, and dark mode are both my favourite, while playing heavy games or working on multiple app. i just keep my phone on dark mode all day.
    //// the only thing that needs a improvement boost is the camera, although aftet update its improved but still and the earpiece, its placed on the right side above camera and if you have an eye for detail you'll find it frustrating. Just improve that and its all.

hiccupstix likes this.
  12. O1562739475102 Cupcake Jul 10, 2019

13. N1562743640750 Cupcake Jul 10, 2019

N1562743640750, Jul 10, 2019 :
    This is pathetic...! The basic function of calling is not working properly! Whenever I make an outgoing call I don't get the sound of receiver while the network connection is ok! It is happening 80% times! This experience of one plus 7 making me feel so hopeless and frustrated!! Kindly take an action!

14. manjeetSahani Cupcake Jul 10, 2019

mdsfahad97 likes this.
  15. N1562743640750 Cupcake Jul 10, 2019

N1562743640750, Jul 10, 2019 :
    Don't buy this phone.. waste of money!

16. mdsfahad97 Cupcake Jul 10, 2019

mdsfahad97, Jul 10, 2019 :
    just reply on the one plus review post.

17. hiccupstix Donut Jul 10, 2019

hiccupstix, Jul 10, 2019 :
    Time is money, you can't claim this phone is a waste of money whilst simultaneously wasting all your time spreading nasty uninformed reviews of the phone itself.

Now you're wasting money, time, and therefore more money! Unwise!

18. shyamg18 Cupcake Jul 10, 2019

shyamg18, Jul 10, 2019 :
    This is my first OnePlus device, and I have to say, I am impressed. OnePlus, you have truly outdone yourselves. Everyone that worked on this device, previous, and future devices need to be congratulated. You've truly given me and millions of others the true flagship experience in a modest price.

My favorite features are the hardware, software, and the screen. The hardware offered the best usage when I need to turn on the flashlight in a dark room without blinding myself with it's gorgeous display by using it's handy off-screen gestures. It also comes in handy when I want to take pictures, with that stunning 48 mp main camera and exceptional telephoto zoom and ultra-wide cameras. Dare I say, the "Holy Trinity" of camera setups.

Never Settle is the pursuit of better, and I couldn't have said it any better myself. But since I've bought this from T-Mobile, as I'm from the States, I've noticed we're behind on many updates and just ask if you can try to minimize delays between updates, though I understand how hard it is to push updates through the carrier. I don't know which meme would best describe this product, as it packs so many features and add-ons to choose from.

In all, this is one of the best, if not the best, phone I've ever had. The cameras are exceptional, the hardware is clean and fluid, and the "Never Settle" motto is clearly shown in the constant updates you push to us, the customers and supporters of your company. I would just like to congratulate you, the team, for bringing this company up from just another phone company, to a loving phone brand that really cares about what it's customers want and think.

Thank You

19. E1561773841454 Cupcake Jul 10, 2019

E1561773841454, Jul 10, 2019 :
    There is a provision of hearing the phone without swiping. We can pick the phone and talk directly.
    That is not working properly. I'll suggest to rectify it.

20. Nithin99_OnePLus Cupcake Jul 10, 2019

Nithin99_OnePLus, Jul 10, 2019 :
    I am a first time oneplus user (Oneplus 7) the mobile is so fast and smooth... the best this about this mobile is Oxygen OS which makes the mobie even faster. Dash charging is blazingly fast. One place where it needs to be better is in terms of camera... pictures are great hut if OP7 had ultra wide lens intead of the depth sensor...it would have been astounding.